Getting a paper Golden Ticket

Old Aug 24, 20, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Getting a paper Golden Ticket

Hi all,

Since BA have stopped sending out welcome packs upon reaching a new tier of the executive club, I was wondering if there’s any way to get my hands on a paper Golden Ticket, or is the only way now to submit them online? I know bag tags and membership cards can be requested, but I can’t see an option for a Golden Ticket. It would be a shame if they’re unavailable as I feel handing them personally to a crew member after some fantastic service is a much better way to go about it. Thanks!
Old Aug 24, 20, 1:59 pm

Programs: BA Silver
https://www.britishairways.com/thankyou/

Old Aug 25, 20, 1:30 am

I had heard the paper scheme was stopped after some fliers were scanning them and getting 100's printed to bribe crew for upgrades and champagne etc.

Online still works
Old Aug 25, 20, 3:54 am

Programs: BA Gold member Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by JFX1764 View Post
I had heard the paper scheme was stopped after some fliers were scanning them and getting 100's printed to bribe crew for upgrades and champagne etc.

Online still works
really?!?! Surely that is a rumour. I would think they were enhanced away to save on postage, printing etc
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 25, 20, 4:44 am

Originally Posted by danboy767 View Post
really?!?! Surely that is a rumour. I would think they were enhanced away to save on postage, printing etc
I'm not sure that is. It would fit very well with human behaviour. When I was trained as a check-in agent, maaaaany moons ago, we were trained to retain old/expired Gold/Silver cards that people would flash in an attempt to enter the lounge. "Surely nobody's that cheap" I thought. In my first three months it happened to me twice. Even worse was the bouncer position in the 'million-dollar-door' in T5. Never, ever was I so much showered with abuse than when doing that job. And, finally, in my later years in BA I did a project - think I mentioned it here - to change some floodlights to LED with motion sensors in a workshop; having done that, and having seen the benefits (in electricity, CO2 emissions etc) we looked at terminal locations, namely the lounge. That's when we were given, by the facilities company that manages the property, numbers on pilferage (veritably by customers, because this did not happen in staff-only areas of the lounges and spot-checks were done) on light appliances and lightbulbs. It was felt that LED light "bulbs" would go missing even faster. I'm also being told that the F-class headphones were being nicked faster than the business case allowed for replacement, and they did have a higher replacement % than normal.
Old Aug 25, 20, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I haven't received my paper golden ticket this year, nor any membership materials.

BA really does shower its frequent fliers with love...
SxMan and VSLover like this.
Old Aug 26, 20, 7:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by niavaran View Post
I haven't received my paper golden ticket this year, nor any membership materials.

BA really does shower its frequent fliers with love...
If you're still a fan of a physical card and luggage tags, and many of us aren't, you can order them in the BAEC section of the website.

See this thread for more details - Flyertalk/BA stop BAEC welcome packs
Old Oct 14, 20, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver, A3
I found 2 golden tickets from long ago when I was Gold more often. Have they any use after the year in which they were issued?
Old Oct 15, 20, 7:39 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
They don't have an expiry date.

Whether they have any use is moot - staff have debated on this forum either way.
Old Oct 15, 20, 11:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
I always keep a note pad and pen and write a personal thank you in situations that would warranty a Golden Ticket. If it is for a member of their team, I give it to the SCCM to present after the flight (Yorkshire folk find plaudits most uncomfortable to give and even harder to receive). If it is the SCCM, I try to get it to the Captain. I always conclude the note with a "well done" on BA.com will be filed, but wanted them to know from the passenger at the time so they can reflect on what impact their work had on me.

After one such note, the crew member spotted me at the luggage belt and told me that I had made her cry. I think that demonstrates the power of personal notes rather than online forms.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: