Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

T5 bag drop the night before still an option?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2020, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold

Hello,

I seem to remember seeing this has been dropped during Covid? 9am flight Sunday, looking to drop off about 6pm today. Anyone know if it’s still being offered?

Thanks in advance

TFC
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes it is still being offered, and there are some experiences in different threads of it being offered (or being tricky if going to Greece and need to show QR codes). But Twilight Check in is offered, its use is encouraged to manage workload and you may get an email about it a few days before departure.
Old Aug 22, 2020, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thank you, much appreciated.
Old Aug 24, 2020, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Departing 07.05 on Saturday

Deleted: posted on wrong thread (no idea how!)
Old Aug 25, 2020, 1:40 am
Original Poster

Just to confirm, this worked fine. They didn’t know what it was in TFW so the agent went and asked one of the Concorde team who was ever so helpful and explained it’s so uncommon they forget about it. Phone call down to the baggage area to tell them it was coming and that was it. All good and it arrived at destination the next day.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 8:58 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Does anyone know if BA is still doing this at LHR?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 11:43 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
Does anyone know if BA is still doing this at LHR?
Aye, it's very much available. Overnight Bag Drop is the current name (used to be Twilight Check-in) and is available 16:00 hrs to 21:00 hrs. Formally your flight needs to depart before 13:00 hrs, but I suspect that can be stretched a bit. Available in all check-in zones and the First Wing.
LTN Phobia likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:02 pm

Is this available at Gatwick at the moment?
Thanks
Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by deep_south
Is this available at Gatwick at the moment?
Thanks
According to the LGW website yes, but I guess it depends on there being some afternoon/evening departures the previous day for the check in desks to be open. With the schedule being decimated, you would need to check carefully.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 1:38 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Aye, it's very much available. Overnight Bag Drop is the current name (used to be Twilight Check-in) and is available 16:00 hrs to 21:00 hrs. Formally your flight needs to depart before 13:00 hrs, but I suspect that can be stretched a bit. Available in all check-in zones and the First Wing.
Thanks very much! That's really good to hear.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:07 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Sorry to tag this onto an old thread, but I couldn’t find the answer or a better place to ask the question!

Thinking of using overnight bag drop tomorrow at t5, as I’m flying to Istanbul early Saturday morning, and expediting it to be busy with half term.

As a GCH, will the bag drop be at the first wing as normal? Never used this facility before, so I didn’t know if there are specific desks

thanks all :-)
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

Yes, First Wing for BA T5 flights as normal.
Old Feb 17, 2022, 3:36 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
Originally Posted by TheFlyingCyclist
Yes, First Wing for BA T5 flights as normal.
great, thank you
Old Feb 19, 2022, 8:11 pm

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Is the overnight bag drop not now from 18:00 instead of 16:00 as we are thinking of using it in May?
Old Feb 20, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Official BA info on Overnight bag drop is from 18:00 - https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...ng/checking-in

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.