Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

TCP/ to complete party requests for seat reservations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2020, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond

I've just made a booking which I have frustratingly had to split due to using FTVs which were issued in different names.

The agent told me she had emailed the seating team to request TCP and that they would allocate the seat next to me in the emergency exit row to my GF who is on the seperate booking.

I did challenge her because I didn't think it included exit rows but she insisted it would be okay. Can anyone confirm?

Secondly, I read on here, albeit a while ago the seating team was either furloughed or reassigned to other duties. Can anyone confirm if the team doing TCP seat allocations is working again?

Also, anyone with any recent experiences of Gold TCP seat requests and the turnaround times?

Thanks!
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I've just made a booking which I have frustratingly had to split due to using FTVs which were issued in different names.

The agent told me she had emailed the seating team to request TCP and that they would allocate the seat next to me in the emergency exit row to my GF who is on the seperate booking.

I did challenge her because I didn't think it included exit rows but she insisted it would be okay. Can anyone confirm?

Secondly, I read on here, albeit a while ago the seating team was either furloughed or reassigned to other duties. Can anyone confirm if the team doing TCP seat allocations is working again?

Also, anyone with any recent experiences of Gold TCP seat requests and the turnaround times?

Thanks!
As far as im aware they are still on furlough.
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I did this this afternoon. The agent took my request and then put me on hold at she phoned a seperate team to allocate seating, and it was done within about 5 minutes. I asked afterwards and she said the old team they used to email (and take 3 days to process) is still furloughed so they now have to phone a different team.

Not sure on exit row, but I got Row 1 allocated.
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Exit row should be fine, I have done this before.
Schwann likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 3:57 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all. I'll call back in the morning.
Old Aug 20, 2020, 9:31 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
Originally Posted by barneyb
I did this this afternoon. The agent took my request and then put me on hold at she phoned a seperate team to allocate seating, and it was done within about 5 minutes. I asked afterwards and she said the old team they used to email (and take 3 days to process) is still furloughed so they now have to phone a different team.
The whole email-the-seating-team thing always struck me as something out of Dickens. It sounds like Covid may have had the happy side effect of eliminating an inefficient process.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stripe
The whole email-the-seating-team thing always struck me as something out of Dickens. It sounds like Covid may have had the happy side effect of eliminating an inefficient process.
I agree, it always seems a bit weird it takes so long given seats can be allocated instantly usually. There must be a reason behind it!

Last edited by Schwann; Aug 21, 2020 at 1:00 am
Old Aug 21, 2020, 1:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
My TCP the other day took about 1 week for the seats to get allocated.
Old Aug 21, 2020, 7:20 am
Original Poster

All sorted an done instantly over the phone.
volar likes this.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
A quick follow up rather than starting a new thread. As a GCH I have an exit row seat assigned. My daughter will be flying on the same flight but on a separate PNR. As I booked her a cheapo HBO fare, will TCP be allowed ?

Seems from the BAEC blurb that it should be allowed: "Free seat selection from the time of booking for your whole party on British Airways flights – even friends and family on other bookings, as long as they’re in the same travel class and on the same flight* plus exclusive access to 1A and 1K when travelling in First for the Gold Member only"

But I have seen it suggested in another thread that it is not. Any up to date experiences appreciated

Last edited by Frequentflyer99; May 6, 2021 at 1:20 pm
Old May 6, 2021, 1:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL & CCR, GFL
Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
A quick follow up rather than starting a new thread. As a GCH I have an exit row seat assigned. My daughter will be flying on the same flight but on a separate PNR. As I booked her a cheapo HBO fare, will TCP be allowed ?

Seems from the BAEC blurb that it should be allowed: "Free seat selection from the time of booking for your whole party on British Airways flights – even friends and family on other bookings, as long as they’re in the same travel class and on the same flight* plus exclusive access to 1A and 1K when travelling in First for the Gold Member only"

But I have seen it suggested in another thread that it is not. Any up to date experiences appreciated
Yes, that’s fine to request. It still ‘gets sent down to seating’ whatever that might mean.
Old May 6, 2021, 1:51 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
My understanding is that you can’t do free seat request for a non status passenger on a hbo fare. It is worth trying, but it may be refused.
Old May 6, 2021, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by AdBoy
Yes, that’s fine to request. It still ‘gets sent down to seating’ whatever that might mean.
Is the seating team actually working now? I thought that I had seen references in other threads to it not being in operation at the moment. If it is back, then I've got a couple I need to ask them to do!
Old May 6, 2021, 3:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
The earlier posts in this thread suggest it is being done but by a more efficient process than the previous seating team
Old Jul 30, 2023, 5:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Would anyone know if BA Gold / Emerald can use TCP on Iberia?

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.