Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BGI from LHR?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2020, 10:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
BGI from LHR?

I'm booked LGW-BGI on the early flights outbound on October 28, inbound November 8 and have just noticed that the later flights on those dates are now showing ex and to LHR (which would be preferable for me). Does anyone know why BA would switch to operating two flights from two different airports? Thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:03 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There are several reasons why they might and indeed there are several destinations for which this happens already. Isn't the more relevant question whether they will permit you to change from one to the other? I don't know whether they will and I'm sure they are under no obligation to do so but if you call and ask you may be fortunate.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold for Life, EK, AC, VS, Accor Platinum, Hyatt, Marriott, Jumeirah
Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:49 am

Programs: BA Gold
Our outbound switched from LGW to LHR but our return stayed into LGW, so I called up and they managed to switch us onto the LHR flight in both directions. The tickets needed to be re issued but there wasn’t a charge. At the moment the flights are scheduled to be operated by a 777 with Club Suites which would be nice, but we are a few months out so anything could happen.
Grande Annee likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.