Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:22 pm

Seema BA105 departed ontime for 8:10 airborne a few moments ago https://www.flightradar24.com/data/f...ba105#26b03789
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:27 pm

Programs: M&S Elite+
Am I the only one that does not give a flying f about influencers?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
So what is the best European airport to re-route through. I was flying home with EK on Feb 3rd but that wont be happening so I guess I might be able to pick a European destination they fly to and then fly on from there. No doubt it will be 2 PNR's as EK will only fly me to one so perhaps Zurich, Oslo....and then onwards from there. I guess transiting on 2 PNR's may be an issue as well ?

I think at this rate I just wont bother and will leave coming home for another 6 months
DaveS and PGberkshire like this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 2:06 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
I think at this rate I just wont bother and will leave coming home for another 6 months
EIther you do this, leave it for now, or go soon. At some point the hotel Enforced Isolation requirements will come into force, so the middle timespan will come with that risk. If you do travel in the near future, I would keep it as simple as possible and book via Doha. The whole thing is a risk at the moment, risk levels tending upwards rather than downwards, since other European countries are also batting down the hatches. An enormous amount has changed in just a few days.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I guess this is the Influencers' version of the Fall of Saigon, for those paying attention in their history lessons. In the course of 1 hour, the flight has sold out. I suspect some people will have to cancel so more seats may appear, there again BA perhaps will want to move BAH passengers out and will use cancelled seats for them.
there are many people who book this flight in the last minute ? Are they able to get the testing done in time ?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 4:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by DaveS
Hopefully you’re not a hedge fund who doesn’t give a flying f about a Reddit retail trader...
wrp96, contractor and 13901 like this.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Jan 29, 2021 at 9:59 am
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:00 pm

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
EIther you do this, leave it for now, or go soon. At some point the hotel Enforced Isolation requirements will come into force, so the middle timespan will come with that risk. If you do travel in the near future, I would keep it as simple as possible and book via Doha. The whole thing is a risk at the moment, risk levels tending upwards rather than downwards, since other European countries are also batting down the hatches. An enormous amount has changed in just a few days.
Thanks. I booked a a flight DXB-BAH-LHR on GF on Feb 1st as they are much cheaper than QR. But, I think I will probably cancel it and re-arrange what I had to do in the UK which will be very problematic but that's the way it is. Hopefully in a couple of months most will be vaccinated both out here and in the UK and things will be better and safer for all.
navylad likes this.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:08 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Edited CWS says it bettter.
Old Jan 28, 2021, 10:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
So lucky that QR restored DXB-DOH flights just a few days ago, after the blockade removal.
MaxFlyer and navylad like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:19 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Last night's BA105 managed to get to DXB a bit early 06:37, rather than 07:00, the revised arrival time. So that led to a slightly more leisurely turnaround for BA104 and a more or less on time - but retimed - departure on 08:36. Now ba.com/flightstatus suggests an arrival at 13:09, which would be probably good enough but I imagine the flight crew may find a few of those mystical short-cuts on the way back to London. I think the route still has a few places that they have to skirt around. But right now she is over Cairo.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 29, 2021 at 1:30 am
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
If you look at the app BA have indeed retimed the flight to 0830 arriving London 1240 but showing delayed to 1420. The outbound currently arrives 0723. I wonder what will happen in the morning ...
Seems like its made it out, landed at 6pm and had a ontime depature is airbourn showing as due to land at 12:48, seems BA pulled out all the stops, would be intresting to see who actually travelled to Dubai and those who decided to offload. I am guessing BA said we will post your baggage out to you and just flew it to DXB and will fly it back to save time.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:44 am

Have decided not to return to the UK so perhaps the UK Govt have got the result they desired. Final nail was Gove saying that people leaving the UK for business may be blocked as well. So, I'll spend a few weeks more in the UAE in RAK and wander off to Saudi now that getting stuck there is not so much of an issue.

Anyone want to bet that Saudi closes it's borders to the UAE before I get there.
DYKWIA, DaveS and AAtticus like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 1:55 am

Programs: Sir CT-UK - Streaker pour les autres.
Originally Posted by DaveS
I guess you are not a teen girl then

My wife is a teacher and it is scary how many girls now want to be a celeb or influencer. They don't want to be good at a carear, sport, acting that makes them respected or famous just a celeb.. It is shocking to here about what they are doing online and to themselves to look like these dam influencers.
MaxFlyer, DaveS, ColOrd and 1 others like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:02 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by CT-UK
I guess you are not a teen girl then

My wife is a teacher and it is scary how many girls now want to be a celeb or influencer. They don't want to be good at a carear, sport, acting that makes them respected or famous just a celeb.. It is shocking to here about what they are doing online and to themselves to look like these dam influencers.
There's probably an "influencer" role out there for an older person to show that not everywhere in Dubai is as it's portrayed by "influencers"
adrianlondon, DaveS and ENTP like this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 2:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
for all the talk of influencers who i agree are below contempt decisions like these have real world impact not just interms of disruption to the traveller, I was due to fly on Sunday to hold in person negotiations to establish a new joint venture which would of created 150+ high paying tech jobs as well as additional support staff. this will now be deferred and the project delayed
wrp96, DaveS and Europeanexplorer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.