Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA & Dubai

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2020, 1:30 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

For those in Dubai - Marhaba are doing an at home COVID-19 test service :-
In an effort to continue to provide you with a safe and seamless travel experience, we are happy to announce the addition of at-home COVID-19 testing as part of our Home Check-in Services with the new Premium package.

Following your booking confirmation, a team member will confirm the date and time you would like to schedule the COVID-19 test. Next, a representative from Mediclinic will come to your home, anywhere in Dubai, to collect samples for testing at their lab. The results and medical certificate will be provided to you digitally. Testing should be scheduled between 48 – 96 hours before your flight to comply with current government legislation and processing times.

Following the testing, prior to your flight, one of our representatives will arrive at your home to remotely check all passengers into the flights and hand over boarding passes, subject to airline regulations and acceptance. They will collect your baggage from you, which will be disinfected to protect it from microbes for 72 hours. The disinfection treatment is highly effective and will remove 99.99% of germs, and it is safe on all types of luggage.

This service also includes fast-track through immigration, allowing you to speed through the queue and spend less time at the airport.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 4:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by firstlight

You have to be bloody minded to travel long haul in these times. We will be spending more time in quarantine than out of it between now and Christmas. The only upside is travelling in clubsuites due to the normal 747s being taken out of service.
Planning a similar trip later this year to DXB too. You don't have to stay in the UK for quarantine. I'm planning on spending mine partly in Turkey.. assuming that isn't also on the quarantine list by that point.
Old Sep 18, 2020, 5:35 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Schwann
Planning a similar trip later this year to DXB too. You don't have to stay in the UK for quarantine. I'm planning on spending mine partly in Turkey.. assuming that isn't also on the quarantine list by that point.
I'm working my way back up to LH. Was a holiday in the UK first, then Santorini, both without a hitch. DXB currently booked for next July. Atlantis is offering free Covid testing on site for guests, but by then I sincerely hope that it will not be needed...
Old Sep 24, 2020, 6:58 am

I have an INV-LHR-DXB next month. Plan was to B2B at INV.

Can I assume that that won’t be possible due to no OLCI ex INV due to the need to check docs etc?

What are the chances of checking in for the INV-LHR leg at LHR before flying to INV?

Subject to all that I’ve got to find a suitable PCR test within 96 hours of arriving in DXB and insurance. Almost too many hoops!

Thanks for help
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:09 am

Duplicate
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:13 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
Duplicate
we've got our covid test for DXB booked at T-90 hours. Got insurance as well. Looking forward to clubsuites both ways and a covid test for our return being done when we check in to our hotel!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:53 am

we've got our covid test for DXB booked at T-90 hours. Got insurance as well. Looking forward to clubsuites both ways and a covid test for our return being done when we check in to our hotel!
Who are you using for the Covid test ex U.K.?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 7:54 am

who did you manage to get insurance with?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by spursdebs
who did you manage to get insurance with?
Battleface
spursdebs likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by EGLK FLYER
Who are you using for the Covid test ex U.K.?
online booked via screening.purehealth.ae, eurofins was closest with availability. There seems to be sites you can choose in major uk cities.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 9:51 am

online booked via screening.purehealth.ae, eurofins was closest with availability. There seems to be sites you can choose in major uk cities.
Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA Gold,Hilton Diamond,Platinum Ambass,SPG Gold,Flying Blue Platinum,Club Carlson Gold
is it mandatory ex DXB for a negative COVID 19 swab test if transiting the UK on the way to TIA?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by thorba
is it mandatory ex DXB for a negative COVID 19 swab test if transiting the UK on the way to TIA?
We don't know. We are told a negative test is mandatory for all departures into the EU (including the UK at present). I assume you don't get on the plane if they ask to see your test and you haven't got one. There are reports that people are waved through, for us this is a risk we are not prepared to take given the way Dubai authorities reputedly treats errant foreigners (imprison first, ask questions later)
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Do report back, assuming it is a leisure trip.

We are considering a trip and not sure if it’s worth the agg
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by Will100
Do report back, assuming it is a leisure trip.

We are considering a trip and not sure if it’s worth the agg
we will, it is a bit aggravating and you have to be a bit bloody minded to travel these days. However this kind of difficulty makes life interesting. We are staying at a 5* hotel we know well in a familiar place so are not unduly concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.