TLV - Change to entry requirement

Old Aug 15, 20, 2:46 am
Original Poster

TLV - Change to entry requirement

Israeli Ministry of Health published this morning list of Green countries from which travellers can enter Israel without requirement for 14 days quarantine. This includes UK https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Dy...untries?skip=0.

At the moment non citizens still require special permission to enter https://www.gov.il/en/Departments/Gu...rael-guidlines but Israeli press has said that this will be withdrawn for Green countries from tomorrow 16 August. Will have to wait and see.

Looks like BA will be increasing capacity very soon
AJA_, davidcamp6 and flyingcrazy like this.
Old Aug 15, 20, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Just been looking at the requirements in more detail. https://www.gov.il/he/service/reques...israel-covid19. Everybody including Israeli citizens have to submit a health declaration form no more than 24 hours before travel and await permission to fly which has to be presented to the airline. In addition foreign citizens have to have a permission for entry signed by the Israeli Consulate. So it looks like everybody from the UK can now fly to Israel subject only to the form filling.
Old Aug 15, 20, 3:46 am
Original Poster

Anybody flying tomorrow should look at the details in the above links carefully.
Old Aug 15, 20, 4:23 am

How is this related to BA?
Old Aug 15, 20, 4:43 am
Original Poster

There are many questions on different threads regarding present status of travel to TLV by BA and there will be people travelling on BA165 tomorrow morning at 08.00 who will need to know of the changes to the regulations which have just taken place and will apply to them and for which failure to comply may result in denial of boarding. There have been many post concerning Greece and Spain. .If Moderators think that I am wrong to give users important information then would they please remove this post and I can carry on with my life on my own.
M60_to_LGA likes this.
Old Aug 15, 20, 5:44 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Confus View Post
How is this related to BA?
Maybe OP should have started the thread ‘will BA increase capacity to TLV given the following news....’
Would that do?

I predominantly look in the BA forum and find this information interesting and useful so thanks to OP for posting.
AJA_, James91 and LCY8737 like this.
Old Aug 15, 20, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
I am very glad to be made aware of this. I fly BA to TLV a lot and this is most helpful.
Old Aug 15, 20, 7:24 am

Programs: Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott

It’s rather strange that Israel is listed on their own list, and red.
Old Aug 15, 20, 7:29 am

Programs: BAEC; Matmid
Great, all I need is Israel taken off quarantine here in UK and I can fly again ( work not pleasure).
Old Aug 17, 20, 3:57 pm

Regarding non Israeli citizens/foreign nationals, do we know if it's open for leisure at all yet? Or is it only for foreign nationals who are residents in Israel?
Old Aug 18, 20, 2:05 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by mrpacifist View Post
Regarding non Israeli citizens/foreign nationals, do we know if it's open for leisure at all yet? Or is it only for foreign nationals who are residents in Israel?
Not yet, You need to have consulate approval or an Israeli passport.
Old Aug 18, 20, 2:14 am
Original Poster

Main problem is that rules published on Saturday were drawn up some months ago to regulate the opening of skies to Israel on a gradual basis at some future time. Actual dates for different steps are the subject of continuous disputes between various ministries.

Israeli press predicted some opening steps on 16 August but the ones detailed only deal with quarantine for arrivals from green countries. The rules refer to foreigners obtaining entry clearance from local Israeli consulates but I doubt whether the rules governing the granting of entry clearance have yet been enacted. The London consulate on their website don't even mention the change in quarantine rules.

The Israeli press now says the government would like to receive tourists from green countries from 1 September. We will have to see whether they are right.

Meanwhile the covid situation in Israel continues to deteriorate and many say another lockdown is inevitable. Query whether this is a sensible place for tourists to come any time soon even if allowed.
davidcamp6 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 20, 6:05 am

Thanks both! Really hope it will a bit more explicit in the next few days and that we can, hopefully, enter for leisure.
Old Aug 27, 20, 7:27 am

Programs: Rav Kav
Originally Posted by We won the world cup View Post
The Israeli press now says the government would like to receive tourists from green countries from 1 September. We will have to see whether they are right.
Just wondering where you saw this, and if there is any further updated info on this?
Old Aug 27, 20, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Latest news this week is that ban on foreigners to continue until 1 October. Where do I get the news, the English language Israeli news sites and wife watches Israeli TV news on internet. Why are things changing all the time because Israeli government argues between themselves. Usual conflict between health and economy mixed with unbelievable incompetence.
Writing this in Dan Lounge at TLV waiting to board BA164. Very difficult Covid situation in Israel so glad to be coming home.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: