Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hand luggage booking only in J?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Hand luggage booking only in J?

So I booked LGW ANU for October out PE and return Club world as redemption flights. Availability opened up so booked CW both directions with the avios team have prebooked seats, but the luggage allowance on the outbound leg is showing as no checked luggage return is as expected 2x32lb bags. Is this a ticketing glitch and do I need to worry ?
Old Aug 12, 2020, 10:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Alun
So I booked LGW ANU for October out PE and return Club world as redemption flights. Availability opened up so booked CW both directions with the avios team have prebooked seats, but the luggage allowance on the outbound leg is showing as no checked luggage return is as expected 2x32lb bags. Is this a ticketing glitch and do I need to worry ?
Most likely a glitch. Never heard of J without checked baggage. Once had a WTP ticket showing no bags and it was fine

Last edited by TTmex; Aug 12, 2020 at 11:56 am
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:51 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Originally Posted by TTmex
Most likely a glitch. Never heard of J without hand baggage. Once had a WTP ticket showing no bags and it was fine
I think that OP is not referring to his hand luggage allowance, but rather to the absence of a checked luggage allowance. That appears to be an error.

As with all minor glitches in software, best to simply call when convenient to confirm the correct allowance.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 11:55 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Often1
I think that OP is not referring to his hand luggage allowance, but rather to the absence of a checked luggage allowance. That appears to be an error.

As with all minor glitches in software, best to simply call when convenient to confirm the correct allowance.
Yep. Sorry I meant checked. I'll edit now
Old Aug 12, 2020, 12:02 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
I think this forum has seen this glitch - HBO on a Club World ticket, particularly a redemption one - about once every 3 months in the good old days. TTmex was an example of this, I remember it happening at the time. Some things evidently don't change, but you do get a checked baggage allowance, no question of that. I'm not sure calling up would do any good, to be honest.
TTmex likes this.
Old Aug 12, 2020, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Thanks CWS I’ll rely on the allowance being as advised. Bit too much hassle to try and get through to tha call centre tbh
Old Aug 13, 2020, 4:54 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze; Marriott: Gold
This is a very common problem which happens everytime I either call to add the return leg of a 241, or amend an existing flight. Checked baggage allowance is not displayed until the flights are ticketes - which in these cases is a manual back office process. Normally I get to see the baggage allowance a week or so after booking - but I do have a LGW>PUJ reservtion that I made in March for next January that is still unticketed and therefore still showing no checked baggage allowance.
Old Aug 13, 2020, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bakera
This is a very common problem which happens everytime I either call to add the return leg of a 241, or amend an existing flight. Checked baggage allowance is not displayed until the flights are ticketes - which in these cases is a manual back office process. Normally I get to see the baggage allowance a week or so after booking - but I do have a LGW>PUJ reservtion that I made in March for next January that is still unticketed and therefore still showing no checked baggage allowance.
I presumed it was a ticketing issue but I’ve been able to book seats in MMB and didn’t think that was possible until ticketed
Old Aug 13, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver; IHG Spire; Avis P+; Global Entry
I have the same issue with a change I made a month ago, however it hasn’t been ticketed yet, so explains why it is still showing

thanks for the info CWS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.