Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:45 am

Express Test have also opened quite a large site on the North Side of Heathrow and are hoping in time to have a lab there as well to speed up results. Not sure if the Gatwick site has done the same.

In terms of the travel authorisation from The Seychelles, mine took around 8 hours yesterday but if you are within 8 hours of flight, they have an express 1 hour option for an extra EUR 90.00.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 1:53 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
SEZ Hotel restrictions

we have an 8 night stay planned next month to SEZ. We've been told by BA holidays/hotel as category 2 visitors we cannot use the hotel's main pool or Spa for the first 6 nights Since the room has its own pool and the beach is close that's not a big problem for us but just so people are aware - you might want to check any restrictions with the hotel you are staying at
Old Dec 19, 2020, 2:04 am

Originally Posted by Freightman
Express Test have also opened quite a large site on the North Side of Heathrow and are hoping in time to have a lab there as well to speed up results. Not sure if the Gatwick site has done the same.

In terms of the travel authorisation from The Seychelles, mine took around 8 hours yesterday but if you are within 8 hours of flight, they have an express 1 hour option for an extra EUR 90.00.
I think I've seen the six hour figure before. Was that 8 working hours or just 8 hours elapsed? We are aiming to submit the HTA by 11pm the night before the flight.

Also, please, on check in do BA want to see the travel authorisation or the PCR test result?
Old Dec 19, 2020, 4:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
we have an 8 night stay planned next month to SEZ. We've been told by BA holidays/hotel as category 2 visitors we cannot use the hotel's main pool or Spa for the first 6 nights Since the room has its own pool and the beach is close that's not a big problem for us but just so people are aware - you might want to check any restrictions with the hotel you are staying at
I’ve been emailed a long list of what we can and can’t do. I’m staying in a pool villa at Hilton Labriz and I won’t be there long enough to take the 2nd test.

As we are coming from Cat 2 I won’t be able to use the spa or shared excursions and I’m not to expect housekeeping other than a towel change. I’ve specifically been told the pool and restaurants are fine as is hiking on our own.

An extra worry someone might be able to put my mind at rest with. The BA flight is at 1745 on the 16th so I plan on booking my test at 1900 on the 14th with a hope of a negative certificate by 2200 on the 15th, which mean I should be able to submit my forms before I go to bed and have my authorisation when I wake up. BUT, what if the flight is delayed? A 90 minute delay would mean my test has been conducted over 48h before departure. Would this be an issue?

Last edited by kingcole974; Dec 19, 2020 at 5:23 am
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:10 am

Originally Posted by kingcole974
I’ve been emailed a long list of what we can and can’t do. I’m staying in a pool villa at Hilton Labriz and I won’t be there long enough to take the 2nd test.

As we are coming from Cat 2 I won’t be able to use the spa or shared excursions and I’m not to expect housekeeping other than a towel change. I’ve specifically been told the pool and restaurants are fine as is hiking on our own.

An extra worry someone might be able to put my mind at rest with. The BA flight is at 1745 on the 16th so I plan on booking my test at 1900 on the 14th with a hope of a negative certificate by 2200 on the 15th, which mean I should be able to submit my forms before I go to bed and have my authorisation when I wake up. BUT, what if the flight is delayed? A 90 minute delay would mean my test has been conducted over 48h before departure. Would this be an issue?
We did the labriz in October/November... other than kids club, spa and other group activities (cruises, group yoga etc) we have full use of pretty much everything... it was a fantastic place to be...

Dont worry about minutes/hours for your test, the Seychelle officials just want you to be on the correct day for the test... some test centres can omit the time (and just put date)..
Old Dec 19, 2020, 9:44 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
We did the labriz in October/November... other than kids club, spa and other group activities (cruises, group yoga etc) we have full use of pretty much everything... it was a fantastic place to be...

Dont worry about minutes/hours for your test, the Seychelle officials just want you to be on the correct day for the test... some test centres can omit the time (and just put date)..
Might be a bit omni but I dont think we or anyone else in tier 4 are going anywhere near SEZ. Since lhr is in tier 4, this might have some effect on others.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:42 am

I've just heard from BA Holidays that Seychelles are banning UK people until end of January. Refund of our holiday to original form of payment without quibble.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by firstlight
I've just heard from BA Holidays that Seychelles are banning UK people until end of January. Refund of our holiday to original form of payment without quibble.
We lost our Seychelles holiday at the beginning of November, due to lockdown 2.0; we've just got back from the Maldives. Reason for the change was that the Maldives require a test within 96 hours of departure and no second test in resort, so that takes the pressure off somewhat. Maldives Health Board have today issued a statement that they are happy with current procedures and will continue to allow direct flights from the UK. Worth considering if you are after some R&R, rather than have a particular reason to be in SEZ. As this is a flying forum, worth adding that the BA flights have the new club suites on LHR-MLE.
annihilation likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
We lost our Seychelles holiday at the beginning of November, due to lockdown 2.0; we've just got back from the Maldives. Reason for the change was that the Maldives require a test within 96 hours of departure and no second test in resort, so that takes the pressure off somewhat. Maldives Health Board have today issued a statement that they are happy with current procedures and will continue to allow direct flights from the UK. Worth considering if you are after some R&R, rather than have a particular reason to be in SEZ. As this is a flying forum, worth adding that the BA flights have the new club suites on LHR-MLE.
Thank you, yes, we'd certainly go except we are in tier 4 as the rest of the UK will be within a week...
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:59 am

Programs: BAEC
I posted this on the thread about SE/London Tier 4 but it’s probably useful here too.

Last edited by rockflyertalk; Dec 22, 2020 at 11:12 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.