Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Old Nov 5, 2020, 1:21 am

Saw somebody sent this to BA on Twitter this morning, anyone know anything about this? "https://twitter.com/chad956
https://twitter.com/British_Airways I've seen an email from the Airport Manager in Seychelles which states all flights to Seychelles are being suspended from 9th Nov - 3rd Dec, can u clarify please? We where due to fly home on the 23rd Nov but have heard nothing from BA officially."
Old Nov 5, 2020, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by ledcran02
Saw somebody sent this to BA on Twitter this morning, anyone know anything about this? "@chad956 28m @British_Airways I've seen an email from the Airport Manager in Seychelles which states all flights to Seychelles are being suspended from 9th Nov - 3rd Dec, can u clarify please? We where due to fly home on the 23rd Nov but have heard nothing from BA officially."

that person was asking BA why BA did not tell his son n daughter that the return flight might be cancel when his son n daughter fly out the day before.

Weird that he is blaming BA for this ?
Old Nov 5, 2020, 7:36 am

Found the note on the Seychelles aviation authority's webpage, which makes it clear that BA will not be flying in or out of Seychelles from 9 Nov onward. So now just waiting for the cancellation notice from BA, which really should have provided this to customers by now!! https://www.scaa.sc/index.php/flight-schedule
Remarks
  • British Airways flights will operate with last departure from Seychelles on Monday 09th November at 09:45
  • British Airways flights will then operate with next planned flight which is set for arrival into Seychelles on Thursday 03rd December subjected to any further restrictions by the UK Government
Old Nov 5, 2020, 1:02 pm

Full list being published here...
https://www.turningleftforless.com/n...and-gibraltar/
Old Nov 6, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
And so it ends.

Phoned BA this morning. As the return flight is cancelled, I'm entitled to a refund, no quibbles.

TBH unless the Seychelles changes its PCR test from 48 hours to something more easily obtainable, or quicker testing results become easier to obtain, I will book elsewhere.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
And so it ends.

Phoned BA this morning. As the return flight is cancelled, I'm entitled to a refund, no quibbles.

TBH unless the Seychelles changes its PCR test from 48 hours to something more easily obtainable, or quicker testing results become easier to obtain, I will book elsewhere.
Bummer you never made it..... we were very lucky to have spend 10 days there.... you should rebook rather than refund if you have a great priced tickets....
bluemoon68 likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 1:30 am

They appear to have lengthened the quarantine time for Category 2?

Visitors from Category 2 countries are required to spend the first (6) six nights in a designated establishment and may not leave the premises and must strictly adhere to all the conditions in place at the establishment. 3. A repeat PCR test will be performed on the 5th day. If the test result is negative, the visitors will be free to continue with their planned holiday and follow terms and conditions outlined as per the Category 1 permitted countries
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ember-2020.pdf

So, if I understand correctly, the test is still performed on the 5th day but it's a 6 night (i.e. effectively 7 day?) minimum at the first designated establishment. We rebooked to end-Feb in the end and were planning on staying at the same place for that length of time so this doesn't really affect us but thought this might impact some peoples' plans.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:07 am

Under the old rules the test was done on day 4 (after 3 nights) so that you could leave after 5 nights. They changed the rules and now want to do it on day 5, requiring you to stay 6 nights.
Old Nov 9, 2020, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by ledcran02
They appear to have lengthened the quarantine time for Category 2?

Visitors from Category 2 countries are required to spend the first (6) six nights in a designated establishment and may not leave the premises and must strictly adhere to all the conditions in place at the establishment. 3. A repeat PCR test will be performed on the 5th day. If the test result is negative, the visitors will be free to continue with their planned holiday and follow terms and conditions outlined as per the Category 1 permitted countries
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ember-2020.pdf

So, if I understand correctly, the test is still performed on the 5th day but it's a 6 night (i.e. effectively 7 day?) minimum at the first designated establishment. We rebooked to end-Feb in the end and were planning on staying at the same place for that length of time so this doesn't really affect us but thought this might impact some peoples' plans.
This also impacts anyone planning a short break. If you can't leave your hotel until after 6 nights, arriving on the BA Saturday night flight your first night in your hotel would be Sunday night. This would mean that you wouldn't be allowed to leave your hotel until Friday morning, assuming your covid test results from Thursday arrived back promptly. The Friday morning flight back may well be too early a departure for you to rely on your results being back in time. (I'm also assuming here that BA continues to move the Thursday morning departure to Friday morning as they did before lockdown.
Old Nov 13, 2020, 4:28 am

Hi
does anyone know if the Accor hotel test is accepted for the seychelles?
thanks
Old Nov 15, 2020, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by tillyholly
Hi
does anyone know if the Accor hotel test is accepted for the seychelles?
thanks
is it a PCR test?
Old Dec 16, 2020, 1:35 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Marriott Platinum, IHG Spire
Yes it is and I can't see why they wouldn't accept it, it is a PCR test.
Old Dec 16, 2020, 8:17 pm

Originally Posted by annihilation
Yes it is and I can't see why they wouldn't accept it, it is a PCR test.
It is a spit test rather than a swab test. A different type of PCR test. I believe that check in agents are just looking for “PCR” on your fit to fly report, so it should be fine.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 10:03 am

Just for reference, for anybody travelling in the next few months to Seychelles (before it is cancelled), the Test & Rest PCR test by Sofitel/Halo is accepted by the Seychelles authorities.
annihilation likes this.
Old Dec 18, 2020, 11:32 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I’m flying in January and am stressing over what test. Best option for me (live in brighton) seems to be one called express test. They operate out the long stay dar park at gatwick.

Having to get a test no more than 48h before departure is made even more challenging in that you need the test results to apply for an authority to travel and that can take 6 hours.

Any recent experience in this would be good to know about

Also thinking this may be moot if the much talked about lockdown happens next month

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.