Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anybody else LHR-SEZ in Sep?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by babyg_wc
Ah bummer - gutted for you... we are currently booked for October 14th-25th. I get the feeling ill be in the same boat in about a months time.

Post back what options you take/are offered i(QATAR vs DOH?) - personally i would keep your tickets open (e.g. dont seek refund) until the last possible minute.
Yeah....disappointed but knew it was a long shot. We need to travel on those dates, so I’ll keep tickets open until the original flight date and see options.

In the slim chance UK is green-lighted I may try and push for QR (imagine unlikely on an Avios ticket???), but otherwise push to 2021.

Regarding the post directly above, seems to be released every Friday...on the Seychelles Health Ministry facebook page out of all places!
Old Sep 3, 2020, 3:53 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Flight cancelled for the third time now.

Originally Club World
Then rebooked onto Q suites
Then back to Club World upgraded to F with a GUF2 + Joker

I'm keeping hold of the cancelled ticket and will ask for an OS**INVOL REROUTE onto EK F if we get added to the Seychelles safe list.
BA's interline ticketing agreement with EK is for paper tickets only though, so will be interesting to see how that pans out...
SWLonFlyer likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2020, 9:29 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Flight cancelled for the third time now.

Originally Club World
Then rebooked onto Q suites
Then back to Club World upgraded to F with a GUF2 + Joker

I'm keeping hold of the cancelled ticket and will ask for an OS**INVOL REROUTE onto EK F if we get added to the Seychelles safe list.
BA's interline ticketing agreement with EK is for paper tickets only though, so will be interesting to see how that pans out...
Was this a redemption booking or cash? Would BA reroute a redemption?
Old Sep 3, 2020, 12:02 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by SWLonFlyer
Was this a redemption booking or cash? Would BA reroute a redemption?
It was a cash booking.

Having a redemption booking doesn't nullify BA's duty of care towards you as a passenger though:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...mer-guidelines
babyg_wc likes this.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:45 am

so i reached out through the official channels (facebook lol)... and got a reply

Starting October 1, 2020- UK will be considered a special status country which entails that UK visitors will be allowed in Seychelles.
You can have a read here: https://www.seychellestourismboard.t...source-markets.
See you in Seychelles soon!
STB Team
Old Sep 11, 2020, 4:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Wow that is great news - and Seychelles is on the travel corridor meaning (currently!) no self isolation on return to UK ?
Old Sep 11, 2020, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Wow that is great news - and Seychelles is on the travel corridor meaning (currently!) no self isolation on return to UK ?
Who knows - the UK government seems to change their mind RE travel corridors (Portugal in/out/in) ... hopefully we will be lucky and the Seychelles will remain on the travel corridor list...

Just need to wait for the list of "approved hotels" where you are allowed to spend the first 5 days.. i hope its the same as the current list... Just happy it looks like the UK will be permitted in.

What dates are you flying mikeyfly <hint guest me to the flounge :-) >
Old Sep 13, 2020, 8:07 am

Excellent news. Await formal confirmation- seems strange in current position
Old Sep 13, 2020, 10:41 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can't see the Seychelles on the safe travel list from FCO. Which is a pain for insurance reasons even though I know it is on the list of countries where you don't have to quarantine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...ational-travel

Last edited by bluemoon68; Sep 13, 2020 at 10:52 am
Old Sep 14, 2020, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by bluemoon68
I can't see the Seychelles on the safe travel list from FCO. Which is a pain for insurance reasons even though I know it is on the list of countries where you don't have to quarantine.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavi...ational-travel
ah true... was only looking at the 14 day self isolation list and not the fco advice.. good point, thou not sure why these gov policies arent aligned... but then again i dont understand most of what the UK gov does lately...
Old Sep 19, 2020, 4:52 am

Does anyone have information on the advisory that eases Seychelles entry requirements for UK passengers? I thought it was due to be published yesterday.
Old Sep 21, 2020, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by mrpacifist
Does anyone have information on the advisory that eases Seychelles entry requirements for UK passengers? I thought it was due to be published yesterday.
I reached out to Seychelles Travel Board -
"We are currently encountering some delays on the advisory which has not been made public yet by the concerned departments.
We are hoping to have it by latest tomorrow (22nd).
Hold on tight.
We will keep you posted. STB Team"
Old Sep 21, 2020, 7:48 am

Thank you for this! Let's wait and see
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:28 am

The advisory has now been published
Link for procedures pertaining to Special Status Countries-
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl...ember-2020.pdf

Please note the link for authorised accommodation (28 places) that is in the PDF isn't 100% correct - i am staying at the Labriz (which isnt on the list), but i have contacted the hotel and they shared another list which has an additional 8 hotels compared to the one listed in the PDF.

updated list is published
http://tourism.gov.sc/wp-content/upl....09.2020-1.pdf

If your hotel isn't on the list reach out to the Hotel for confirmation before getting to concerned.

Krisz, bluemoon68 and The_Editor like this.

Last edited by babyg_wc; Sep 24, 2020 at 2:07 am Reason: additional info
Old Sep 26, 2020, 9:52 am

Has the FCo advice changed? It still seems to be ‘advise against all travel’ which would affect insurance?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.