Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TPJ

Photo credit Good Free Photos

Transport
BA flies twice daily from LHR Terminal 5 to WAW Chopin Airport, economy starts from Ł70 return, club from Ł205.
LO flies twice daily from LCY and three times daily from LHR, economy starts from Ł90 return, business from Ł300.
Low cost carriers include FR flying from STN to WMI and W6 from LTN to WAW.

Warsaw mini-DO #1: 23 October 2021

Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

Venue
Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 23rd October

Attendees (11):
Cymro, fifty_two, jfallesen, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, PGberkshire, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot

Maybe (1):
Reetmafreen

Activities
Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

22/10 18:00 Browary Warszawskie for the DO warm-up party
23/10 12:00 Uprising museum tour
23/10 16:00 Viewing terrace at the top of Palace of Culture and Science
23/10 18:00 Hala Koszyki for the DO
24/10 10:30 or 14:00 guided walking tour of Old Town

Flights

Outbound travel

16/10 07:35 BA847 – megaloman
22/10 14:00 BA850 – jfallese, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
22/10 18:25 LO3924 – scottishpoet
23/10 07:35 BA846 – Cymro, FlyerP

Inbound travel
24/10 14:20 LO3919 - scottishpoet
24/10 18.15 BA851 – Cymro, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
25/10 11:50 BA847 – megaloman, FlyerP
26/10 18:10 BA847 – jfallese

Hotels
Hilton Warsaw City – Cymro, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently
Westin – jfallese
Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Mokotow - fifty_two

Warsaw micro-DO #2: 24 April 2021

Current lockdown rules don't allow travel for non-essential purposes. I'm still booked and hope lockdown rules might be eased closer to the date and well be allowed to travel, I've rebooked myself on avios.

Venue

Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 24th April

Attendees (12):
awoxp, Filthy Monkey, FlyerP, jfallesen, MrMutton, Richmond_Surreym, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Vintagepilot, Wozza2404

Maybe (4):
florens +1l, scottishpoet, wilsnunn

Flights

LON-WAW
23/04 14:00 BA850 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, Tomparskate, Wozza2404
24/04 14:20 BA850 MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude

WAW-LON
25/04 18:25 BA851 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Wozza2404

Hotels
Hilton City Centre - teledude, Wozza2404

Print Wikipost

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Old Oct 2, 2020, 12:59 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I am now confirmed in BOG 22-26OCT so sadly will miss it (and quarantine on return anyway...). I am off to SOF 14-15 NOV and OTP 20-22 NOV for those sweet TPs though
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I am now confirmed in BOG 22-26OCT so sadly will miss it (and quarantine on return anyway...). I am off to SOF 14-15 NOV and OTP 20-22 NOV for those sweet TPs though
cheap TP is not worth the 14 days in my opinion
also how do you leave the house to fly again? Doesn’t this break the rules & does border force not stop you?
Old Oct 2, 2020, 3:54 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
cheap TP is not worth the 14 days in my opinion
also how do you leave the house to fly again? Doesn’t this break the rules & does border force not stop you?
Self isolation in the UK is for 14 days or when you leave the country, whichever is sooner. Leaving your place of self isolation before the end of 14 days to go to the airport and leave the country is explicitly allowed. More details in the UK self isolation thread in tor coronavirus board.
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
Self isolation in the UK is for 14 days or when you leave the country, whichever is sooner. Leaving your place of self isolation before the end of 14 days to go to the airport and leave the country is explicitly allowed. More details in the UK self isolation thread in tor coronavirus board.
oh cool
I wondered how it worked. I luckily don’t need the TP run and massively keen to avoid 14 days lockdown. Random world we live in

crazy cheap fares to Sof and Otp however!
Old Oct 2, 2020, 4:54 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

oh cool
I wondered how it worked. I luckily don’t need the TP run and massively keen to avoid 14 days lockdown. Random world we live in

crazy cheap fares to Sof and Otp however!
the OTP IC is selling at 60euro per night which is outrageously cheap. hard to resist, i have never been and heard great things about it. Right after have another BOG and GRU trip at end of NOV, so really time in UK spent at home resting between these jaunts.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 3:11 am

the OTP IC is selling at 60euro per night which is outrageously cheap. hard to resist, i have never been and heard great things about it. Right after have another BOG and GRU trip at end of NOV, so really time in UK spent at home resting between these jaunts.
enjoy
both otp and sof are places I’d love to go as well
Old Oct 3, 2020, 5:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

IC seems to do well in eastern Europe. Bucharest IC really is top-rate. Budapest, Kiev, Sofia, Warsaw, too. But, as is the way with hotels, standard rooms don't always impress. You need to get a club room to appreciate what's on offer, and for most guests that's achieved only by booking a club room: IHG doesn't go in for the Hilton Diamond thing.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:04 am

Programs: BA GGL
Gonna pull out of this one but plan to move my flights to April. Just need BA to cancel something so I can move my superb fare forward!
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2020, 6:08 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
IC seems to do well in eastern Europe. Bucharest IC really is top-rate. Budapest, Kiev, Sofia, Warsaw, too. But, as is the way with hotels, standard rooms don't always impress. You need to get a club room to appreciate what's on offer, and for most guests that's achieved only by booking a club room: IHG doesn't go in for the Hilton Diamond thing.
Am I missing something? The tripadvisor pics of IC Bucharest look like a really dated and staid hotel. I wouldn’t say top rate?

for same price I’d rather stay Raddison blu or Sheraton and for a bit more the Marriott

Last edited by PGberkshire; Oct 3, 2020 at 6:14 am
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:15 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
In Bucharest if you have lounge access I recommend the Athenee Palace over the Radisson Blu unless a good out door swimming pool is required.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Oct 13, 2020, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Am I missing something? The tripadvisor pics of IC Bucharest look like a really dated and staid hotel. I wouldn’t say top rate?

for same price I’d rather stay Raddison blu or Sheraton and for a bit more the Marriott
Well, yes, if you rely on Bonvoy and Tripadvisor to illuminate travel decisions you'll be missing a lot

I'm not suggesting i offer anything close to a definitive verdict on Bucharest hotels, but it seems like a good idea to stay at a few of them before offering an opinion.
Old Oct 14, 2020, 2:19 am
Formerly known as linzbh

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I’ll still come along for the OCT weekend
megaloman likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2020, 10:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
If anyone is still planning to go to Warsaw next weekend please be aware that much of Poland, including Warsaw, was moved to the red zone today

on top of the existing poland red zone restrictions, a number of new rules in the red zone were announced today :
  • in retail outlets, up to 5 people per cash register
  • ban on weddings (from 19.10.)
  • no gatherings over 10 people
  • universities and high schools - remote teaching, excluding practical classes
  • sports events - without audience participation
  • travel by transport 50% seats, 30 percent all place
I also believe that from the yellow zone this new rule, announced today. will apply :
  • Catering activity from 6-21, with the option of taking out meals after hours. I suspect this means bars will close at 21:00

Last edited by scottishpoet; Oct 15, 2020 at 11:00 am
Old Oct 15, 2020, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
If anyone is still planning to go to Warsaw next weekend please be aware that much of Poland, including Warsaw, was moved to the red zone today

on top of the existing poland red zone restrictions, a number of new rules in the red zone were announced today :
  • in retail outlets, up to 5 people per cash register
  • ban on weddings (from 19.10.)
  • no gatherings over 10 people
  • universities and high schools - remote teaching, excluding practical classes
  • sports events - without audience participation
  • travel by transport 50% seats, 30 percent all place
I also believe that from the yellow zone this new rule, announced today. will apply :
  • Catering activity from 6-21, with the option of taking out meals after hours. I suspect this means bars will close at 21:00
My understanding is bars / restaurants are open till 9pm, then it's take away only.

The location I had in mind for the DO was Hala Koszyki (I've been to before) or Elektrownia Powiśle (haven't been to yet) - both offer a variety of restaurants to cater for different tastes. But given the numbers I'd say any restaurant probably will do - I'm open to suggestions or we can decide on a day.

I've tried to tidy up the Wiki - anyone else fancy joining us?
yurtripper likes this.
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:25 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

As i couldn’t do next weekend due to South America trip we are gonna pop by Warsaw for the weekend today.
if anyone is on the 4pm to WAW today let us know would be lovely to see a fellow FTer

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.