Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Old Aug 11, 2020, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: TPJ

Photo credit Good Free Photos

Transport
BA flies twice daily from LHR Terminal 5 to WAW Chopin Airport, economy starts from £70 return, club from £205.
LO flies twice daily from LCY and three times daily from LHR, economy starts from £90 return, business from £300.
Low cost carriers include FR flying from STN to WMI and W6 from LTN to WAW.

Warsaw mini-DO #1: 23 October 2021

Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

Venue
Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 23rd October

Attendees (11):
Cymro, fifty_two, jfallesen, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, PGberkshire, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot

Maybe (1):
Reetmafreen

Activities
Please fill the form if you plan to attend the DO.

22/10 18:00 Browary Warszawskie for the DO warm-up party
23/10 12:00 Uprising museum tour
23/10 16:00 Viewing terrace at the top of Palace of Culture and Science
23/10 18:00 Hala Koszyki for the DO
24/10 10:30 or 14:00 guided walking tour of Old Town

Flights

Outbound travel

16/10 07:35 BA847 – megaloman
22/10 14:00 BA850 – jfallese, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
22/10 18:25 LO3924 – scottishpoet
23/10 07:35 BA846 – Cymro, FlyerP

Inbound travel
24/10 14:20 LO3919 - scottishpoet
24/10 18.15 BA851 – Cymro, KARFA, nh1980, TravellerFrequently, vintagepilot
25/10 11:50 BA847 – megaloman, FlyerP
26/10 18:10 BA847 – jfallese

Hotels
Hilton Warsaw City – Cymro, KARFA, megaloman, nh1980, FlyerP, scottishpoet, TravellerFrequently
Westin – jfallese
Hampton by Hilton Warsaw Mokotow - fifty_two

Warsaw micro-DO #2: 24 April 2021

Current lockdown rules don't allow travel for non-essential purposes. I'm still booked and hope lockdown rules might be eased closer to the date and well be allowed to travel, I've rebooked myself on avios.

Venue

Hala Koszyki @ 18:00 on Saturday 24th April

Attendees (12):
awoxp, Filthy Monkey, FlyerP, jfallesen, MrMutton, Richmond_Surreym, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Vintagepilot, Wozza2404

Maybe (4):
florens +1l, scottishpoet, wilsnunn

Flights

LON-WAW
23/04 14:00 BA850 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, Tomparskate, Wozza2404
24/04 14:20 BA850 MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude

WAW-LON
25/04 18:25 BA851 awoxp, Filthy Monkey, MrMutton, ScienceTeacher, teledude, Tomparskate, Wozza2404

Hotels
Hilton City Centre - teledude, Wozza2404

Print Wikipost

Warsaw (WAW) mini-DO [rescheduled to Saturday 23 October 2021]

Old Sep 24, 2020, 11:49 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
The flight price is now down to £139 for the return I class. We are now officially booked for 22-25OCT with wifey
megaloman likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Hi All,
I am intrigued by this meet up

What do you guys get upto? is this for people who have known each other for years on here, or are new people welcome?

Thanks
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:37 pm

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Hi All,
I am intrigued by this meet up

What do you guys get upto? is this for people who have known each other for years on here, or are new people welcome?

Thanks
New people are absolutely welcome! I have made many strong friendships from my first "do" two years ago in PHX.

As a rule of thumb; if you're "tempted" come along. Many like minded souls will be there!
Old Sep 24, 2020, 2:58 pm

Is the Marriott club lounge better than the Sheraton?
Old Sep 24, 2020, 3:40 pm

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Is the Marriott club lounge better than the Sheraton?
The Sheraton lounge is currently closed and Happy Hour is now taking place in the downstairs restaurant*, so if Marriott haven’t axed all their pre-covid club service I’d say the Marriott is likely a better choice. Be sure to phone each hotel to check beforehand,

I’d say for comped F&B the Renaissance at WAW is the best option currently. I’ve stayed there a few times in the last month and they’ve done some really nice meals in the “club lounge”, which is now downstairs but actually a nicer place to hang out than the old dedicated lounge (less harsh lighting and more space). These were full meals - with starter, proper main course and dessert - like you’d get in an actual sit-down restaurant - so a lot better than the basic stuff that Sheraton and Marriott offered (Marriott was slightly better; Sheraton was basically hors d’oeuvres in the old lounge). I had the Duck as a main and it was excellent.
The REN goes for around 210PLN on Sundays, when the hotel is basically empty.

The Westin is only offering a free drink voucher at the bar in place of lounge access, so I’d give that a miss.

* This info was accurate about 3 weeks ago. Be sure to ring the hotel and check what the current situation is, though I very much doubt they’ll reopen the pokey old lounge in the current circumstances.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by yurtripper
The Sheraton lounge is currently closed and Happy Hour is now taking place in the downstairs restaurant*, so if Marriott haven’t axed all their pre-covid club service I’d say the Marriott is likely a better choice. Be sure to phone each hotel to check beforehand,

I’d say for comped F&B the Renaissance at WAW is the best option currently. I’ve stayed there a few times in the last month and they’ve done some really nice meals in the “club lounge”, which is now downstairs but actually a nicer place to hang out than the old dedicated lounge (less harsh lighting and more space). These were full meals - with starter, proper main course and dessert - like you’d get in an actual sit-down restaurant - so a lot better than the basic stuff that Sheraton and Marriott offered (Marriott was slightly better; Sheraton was basically hors d’oeuvres in the old lounge). I had the Duck as a main and it was excellent.
The REN goes for around 210PLN on Sundays, when the hotel is basically empty.

The Westin is only offering a free drink voucher at the bar in place of lounge access, so I’d give that a miss.

* This info was accurate about 3 weeks ago. Be sure to ring the hotel and check what the current situation is, though I very much doubt they’ll reopen the pokey old lounge in the current circumstances.
Thanks, not sure I want to stay at the airport. Sounds like the Bristol or the Marriott if I make this trip. thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2020, 2:19 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thanks, not sure I want to stay at the airport. Sounds like the Bristol or the Marriott if I make this trip. thanks!
Best place to be if you get a room with an airport/runway view

For those with early flights home, it could make sense to do the last night in the REN, for instance. You literally walk outside and there’s the terminal. It’s also much better value than the other Marriott properties at the moment.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 3:41 am

I will stay one day longer
LOT cancelled last flight on 25 Oct so I will move it to 26 1st flights LO281,

and will be staying 2 days at Hilton centre....but I looked what most of You will check-in on Friday so You will still all suites.....
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:20 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Garimi
I will stay one day longer
LOT cancelled last flight on 25 Oct so I will move it to 26 1st flights LO281,

and will be staying 2 days at Hilton centre....but I looked what most of You will check-in on Friday so You will still all suites.....
And that is why we come on thursday to annoy Filthy Monkey and take the best suite
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:39 am

Programs: QF Gold
Ok Looks like I can do saturday - Sunday on BA 850.

Would likely stay at the Renaissance at the airport as I have stayed before and like it. However I am now Gold so miss out on lounge with my room.

Anyone staying solo able to add a 2nd name to their room, That way I can get breakfast included.

CE is now 139 RT, and ET is 67.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL Gold, LH FTL, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Accor Gold, Hertz PC
Ohhh. Welcome to Warsaw!! Nice to meet you all here! I'll definitely join for the evenings.
Let me know if you need some help with venues for the evenings. I can book them locally.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 9:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Gold
Please count me in, BA878 on the 23rd (arrives WAW 1925), leaving 26th.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 3:18 pm

In!

Flight booked - CE from Manchester to Warsaw, £257 return. I earn 7k Avios so used 10k to reduce cost by £70.

Details below, anyone on these flights?

Now to book Hotel. I want a pool so most likely the Marriott with Club access (as I am a lowly Gold)

megaloman likes this.
Old Sep 29, 2020, 5:53 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

i think many of us plan to be on the 851 on sunday!
Old Sep 30, 2020, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77
i think many of us plan to be on the 851 on sunday!
Yes, I noticed the CE cabin was getting full up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.