Search

Club Europe but sit in Euro Traveller

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Silver,
Club Europe but sit in Euro Traveller

Hi

Just wondering if I can request a normal Euro Traveller seat and still retain Club Europe Ticket benefits (ie tier points and Baggage allowance) without having to "downgrade"

The food/drinks service really doesn't matter especially at the moment but wondered if anyone else had been able to do this to sit with others in travelling party?

Thanks
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
If the flight was quiet and your party had a spare seat next to them, I don't see how this would be a problem. Or, if the flight was busy, you could perhaps swap seats with someone sat next to your party so they have your seat in J.

Obviously this would all have to be agreed with the crew onboard and not just done on a whim.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
while i have not done this myself I have seen it done on board.

After boarding you can ask the cabin crew to ask the person in the seat next to your companion if they would like to move forward to ce and you take their et seat.

if they are travelling on their own they are likely to say yes, especially if they have someone in the middle seat beside them or are in the middle seat.
ThrowingBoeing likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 6:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
I was in WT+ one time coming back from DXB and a chap in CW wanted to swap seat with me to be near his wife and children, the crew asked me and of course I agreed. However i did complain like hell when they served my economy meal along with plastic cutlery. The rubbish food was one thing but to still serve it with plastic cutlery seemed to very petty when all around were using proper cutlery.

So perhaps you can even expect your G&T (or whatever they are currently serving) to be brought back for you?
Old Aug 9, 2020, 7:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by SkiSunday
I was in WT+ one time coming back from DXB and a chap in CW wanted to swap seat with me to be near his wife and children, the crew asked me and of course I agreed. However i did complain like hell when they served my economy meal along with plastic cutlery. The rubbish food was one thing but to still serve it with plastic cutlery seemed to very petty when all around were using proper cutlery.
Wow, very surprised to heat that.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:03 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiSunday

So perhaps you can even expect your G&T (or whatever they are currently serving) to be brought back for you?
Oh dear. Sounds like had the crew known how you would react they would have been better off leaving you in WT+ and giving the upgrade to someone else
Old Aug 9, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by KARFA
Oh dear. Sounds like had the crew known how you would react they would have been better off leaving you in WT+ and giving the upgrade to someone else
Haha, with the sort of service they gave then they could easily have expected the same reaction from most people. Having had a few involuntary upgrades I expected the same sort of treatment this time, after all I didn’t ask to move. The way they treated me was like I just moved to an empty seat in CW and they were too embarrassed to send me back.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:13 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Brisbane Road
Wow, very surprised to heat that.
That is wrong. Someone shouldn't half swap a seat. If the crew agreed the swap then the person seated in CW should be the one getting the CW catering..
SkiSunday likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:17 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
With regard to the original post, yes most crew will let you move back and arrange for you to swap with a willing passenger but don’t expect to get your CE food if you swap. If you choose to swap, you get the ET catering and if it was needed for someone to take your seat, unlikely on many flights currently unless leisure destinations, then that person gets the service that goes with their new seat.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 9:51 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
There was also a craze for celebs to swap their F/J seat with someone who deserved it in Y a couple of years ago, like finding a nurse or a teacher on a flight to swap with l to thank than for what they do for the community.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.