Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

November BA schedule changes and cancellations

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 16, 2020, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ShortDog
November Schedule as of: 17:00/16OCT.

Note: Further changes are highly likely.
London Heathrow Long haul
Abuja - Daily 777 (3-Class)
Accra - Daily 777 (3-Class)
Atlanta - Daily 787-8
Bahrain - 5 x Weekly 787-8
Bangalore - 5 x Weekly A350
Bangkok - 3 x Weekly 787-8
Barbados - Daily 777 (4-Class)
Boston - 2 x Daily. BA213/212 operated by a 787-9 and BA215/214 by A350
Buenos Aires - 4 x Weekly 787-8
Cape Town - Daily 777 (4-Class)
Chennai - 6 x Weekly 787-8
Chicago - 2 x Daily 787-9
Dallas - Daily 787-9/10. 787-10 operates 5 x Weekly
Delhi - Daily 787-9.
Denver - All Nov cancelled
Dubai - 2 x Daily. BA105/104 operated by a A350 and BA107/106 by a 787-9
Grand Cayman via Nassau - 4 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Hong Kong - Daily 777-300ER
Houston - 3 x Weekly 787-8
Hyderabad - 5 x Weekly 787-8
Islamabad - Daily 777 (3-Class)
Johannesburg - Daily 777-300ER
Kuala Lumpar - 4 x Weekly 787-8
Kuwait - 3 x Weekly 777 (4-Class)
Lagos - Daily 777-300ER
Lahore - 4 x Weekly 787-8
Las Vegas - 3 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Los Angeles - 11 x Weekly. BA269/268 - 787-9 operates Daily and BA281/280 - 777-300ER operates 4 x Weekly
Male - 3 x Weekly 777-300ER
Mexico City - 5 x Weekly 787-9 (showing 4 weekly in Nov as of Oct 16)
Miami - Daily 787-9
Montreal - 4 x Weekly 787-8
Mumbai - Daily 777-300ER (4-Class); Sundays a second service on 787-9 (4-Class) for LHR-BOM only.
Muscat - 3 x Weekly 787-9
Nairobi - 5 x Weekly 777 (4-Class)
Newark - Daily 777 (3-Class)
New York - Varies between 3 and 6 x Daily 777 (4-Class)
Philadelphia - 3 x Weekly A350
Riyadh - 3 x Weekly 777 (4-Class)
San Francisco - Daily 777-300ER (cancelled between 7 November and 2 December)
Santiago De Chile - 3 x Weekly 787-9
Sao Paulo - Daily 787-8
Seattle - Daily 787-10
Seoul - 3 x Weekly 787-8
Seychelles - 2 x Weekly 787-9
Shanghai - 2 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Singapore - 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Tel Aviv - 9 x Weekly. Daily A350 and 2 x Weekly 787-9
Tokyo Haneda - 5 x Weekly 787-9
Toronto - 11 x Weekly. 787-10 operates 6 x Weekly and 5 x Weekly 787-9. (First sold as Club on ALL flights)
Washington - Daily A350
London Gatwick Long haul
Barbados - Daily 777 (4-Class)
Bermuda - 5 x Weekly 777 (4-Class)
Cancun - 3 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Grenada via St Lucia - 2 x Weekly. Operated by 1 777(3-class) and 1 777 (4-Class) Weekly
Kingston - 3 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Mauritius - 5 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Orlando - Daily 777 (3-Class)
Port of Spain via St Lucia - 5 x Weekly. Operated by 3 x 777(4-class) and 2 x 777 (3-Class) Weekly
Providenciales via Antigua - 2 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Punta Cana - 3 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
San Jose - 2 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
St Kitts via Antigua - 2 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
Tobago via Antigua - 2 x Weekly 777 (3-Class)
London City
Belfast City - 2 x Weekly E70
Edinburgh - 2 x Weekly E70

Print Wikipost

November BA schedule changes and cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2020, 2:58 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by drmish1
Thanks

Just edited my post - the website shows that BA 1321 is set to fly on 1st Nov.... it's not an option on 25th Oct... doe you think that is therefore likely to be pulled?
If the flight isn’t showing on Sunday 25th, I doubt it’ll operate the following Sunday. I can’t see BA1321 at all during November though...
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:06 pm

Originally Posted by drmish1
So are they just clarifying the domestic schedules circa 2 weeks ahead??
[trying to work out if the re-commencement of a NCL-LHR flight on 1st Nov (not present up until 31/10), is likely....]

thanks
They did original cuts to LHR flights a few months ago. That was the predicted decrease needed for Winter. However, now they’re doing last minute changes in line with demand. These happen around 3 weeks out and usually no less than 14 days before departure.

Originally Posted by PGberkshire
when do you expect the Nov schedule to be locked in and the cancellations made?
I would say 2 weeks out you’re safe, they’re unlikely to make changes to the schedule less than 14 days before.

My advice to everyone right now is to tred carefully for the November schedule. My intuition tells me that the last week of October will replicate for all of November but I can’t confirm that. However, it should give you an idea of what to expect.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:12 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by BAeuro
They did original cuts to LHR flights a few months ago. That was the predicted decrease needed for Winter. However, now they’re doing last minute changes in line with demand. These happen around 3 weeks out and usually no less than 14 days before departure.

I would say 2 weeks out you’re safe, they’re unlikely to make changes to the schedule less than 14 days before.

My advice to everyone right now is to tred carefully for the November schedule. My intuition tells me that the last week of October will replicate for all of November but I can’t confirm that. However, it should give you an idea of what to expect.
cheers, I am hoping for a cancellation rather than voucher for Berlin trip in early November. The Man flights are early out and late back, so most likely for the chop
BAeuro likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
And what about further afield? I am thinking LAS & BNA for example, they are still available to purchase for direct flights in just 3 weeks - surely that needs addressing too.
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:19 pm

As for MAN, if I recall correctly the evening flight was added to allow connections onto the Islamabad route.

This meant that for Sept/Oct the timetable was:

MAN-LHR...........LHR-ISB
19:10-20:20.......21:30-09:20

For the winter timetable the Islamabad and Lahore flights are earlier. So the last flight from Manchester now fits in with that:

15:50-16:50........17:55-06:40
Old Oct 10, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by sunshinebob
And what about further afield? I am thinking LAS & BNA for example, they are still available to purchase for direct flights in just 3 weeks - surely that needs addressing too.
LAS and BNA have been cancelled for the last week in October but are still showing for November. So once again they just haven’t got round to later dates yet. It’s a bit like the A380. It was planned to resume on certain routes from 25th October, however a few days ago they all switched to 777s until 1st November. It’s just a weekly update about 2 weeks out.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 12:26 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

I’ve had short haul cancelled within 14 days twice, in September and October, RUH was also pulled within a few days of departure just this week. Whilst it is less likely flights will be cancelled within 14 days of departure, I think it not quite correct to suggest flights will be safe once within 14 days of departure.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 3:17 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Quite likely the RUH will be pulled until end of Dec I would have thought. You can only get in the Country if you have a visa and the Saudi Embassy (if open) seems not to be taking new applications. Therefore, if you already have a visa you can go now but if not then you are likely to be stuck until Jan 1st when the Country is supposed to re-open.

Same with SCL - flights supposed to be starting back up on Nov 1st but the Country is still shut to non-Chileans and even if you are admitted you still have to quarantine.

I can imagine the Nov schedule is going to be decimated in the next week or so given how things are going.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 6:14 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Quite likely the RUH will be pulled until end of Dec I would have thought. You can only get in the Country if you have a visa and the Saudi Embassy (if open) seems not to be taking new applications. Therefore, if you already have a visa you can go now but if not then you are likely to be stuck until Jan 1st when the Country is supposed to re-open.

Same with SCL - flights supposed to be starting back up on Nov 1st but the Country is still shut to non-Chileans and even if you are admitted you still have to quarantine.

I can imagine the Nov schedule is going to be decimated in the next week or so given how things are going.
It is worth noting that Singapore has been shut to non citizens/ permanent residents for quite some time yet there have still been four flights per week for quite some time.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
It is worth noting that Singapore has been shut to non citizens/ permanent residents for quite some time yet there have still been four flights per week for quite some time.
There is still a little bit of traffic - students, residents / pass holders willing to quarantine etc. I know a couple of people who have flown on it. But the primary driver is cargo, the flight operated even without passengers throughout the pandemic so I suspect any that it carries are nice to have rather than essential to the viability
Old Oct 11, 2020, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I’ve had short haul cancelled within 14 days twice, in September and October, RUH was also pulled within a few days of departure just this week. Whilst it is less likely flights will be cancelled within 14 days of departure, I think it not quite correct to suggest flights will be safe once within 14 days of departure.
No I agree. I believe it’s unlikely but definitely not unheard of. I think everyone just has to be aware of that.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 8:55 am

As for MAN, if I recall correctly the evening flight was added to allow connections onto the Islamabad route.

This meant that for Sept/Oct the timetable was:

19:10-20:20.......21:30-09:20

For the winter timetable the Islamabad and Lahore flights are earlier. So the last flight from Manchester now fits in with that:

15:50-16:50........17:55-06:40
Nice to know the Asian community and travellers get that focus from BA and not us common folk! I might not be going to Islamabad but I don’t mind having an evening option!
BAeuro likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 9:56 am

Nice to know the Asian community and travellers get that focus from BA and not us common folk! I might not be going to Islamabad but I don’t mind having an evening option!
I'm not an advert for political correctness, but if the last flight from MAN was to connect with a westbound flight to JFK or LAX, I somehow doubt the comment would have been "Nice to know the north American (white?) community and travelers get that focus from BA not us common folk!"

The reason given for a schedule change sounds reasonable and probably for commercial reasons. I am also pretty sure BA didn't do it to appease their "Asian community and travellers [[i]sic]" over and above the "common folk". YMMV.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 10:06 am

Originally Posted by Phlyer2
I'm not an advert for political correctness, but if the last flight from MAN was to connect with a westbound flight to JFK or LAX, I somehow doubt the comment would have been "Nice to know the north American (white?) community and travelers get that focus from BA not us common folk!"

The reason given for a schedule change sounds reasonable and probably for commercial reasons. I am also pretty sure BA didn't do it to appease their "Asian community and travellers [[i]sic]" over and above the "common folk". YMMV.
it was more a flippant remark that there are more flights from LHR than Islamabad So feels weird to change schedule because one forward connections has changed.
Old Oct 11, 2020, 2:50 pm

it was more a flippant remark that there are more flights from LHR than Islamabad So feels weird to change schedule because one forward connections has changed.
Yes... but there are few flights that are operating profitably right now. IMO BA deserves credit rather than scorn for focusing their efforts on one of the few traffic flows that’s still moving right now. I’m also affected by the cancellation of the 7pm (ish) southbound flight - one booking in particular has screwed me over quite annoyingly. But I don’t expect BA to build a schedule around my wants and needs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.