Wiki Posts
Search

Club Suites and bedding

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2020, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, Hilton Diamond, Marriott GOLD, Accor Club Gold
Club Suites and bedding

Slightly reluctantly (in that I was downgraded from First by a change of equipment) I flew in Club Suites overnight ORD/LHR the other day. It was very superior to old CW, for which I was grateful. But I was a little confused, in that I had read a review of the White Company bedding which I am sure had talked about a 'mattress' sort of pad, a blanket and a sheet. But all there was on offer was a blanket. Did I get that wrong, or has life been enhanced already in this regard?
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
If you had the pack it should have contained a quilted blanket and smaller blanket and something that looks like a panty pad.
nyjoe4 likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

There was simply a blanket wrapped in clear plastic. And the (young) cabin crew member I asked seemed to suggest that this is all there ever was...?
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
No there should be three things in the pack.
SxMan and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Yes, I assume it still should all come in the White Company zipped up pack as well, as opposed to individual items. There's a mattress topper, a lighter blanket, and a heavier duvet. If you only got a blanket then it sounds to me as if this may have been a WTP blanket by mistake?
SxMan likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL
Currently only the duvet and pillow are being provided. The day blanket and topper are temporarily removed.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:42 pm

There is usually a pack containing a mattress, duvet and day blanket. However, for the last couple of months only the duvet has been provided. Presumably cost saving.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 1:49 pm
Original Poster

In that I cannot see why providing them all rather than only one can be COVID justified, this feels inappropriate.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:24 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by DominicB
In that I cannot see why providing them all rather than only one can be COVID justified, this feels inappropriate.
Realistically, I think MFCC above has given the reason. The Covid fig leaf has been deployed again.
nancypants and choosethedrew like this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 2:50 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
What a shame that the mattress topper and blanket has gone. Surely having the mattress topper is more hygienic, as without it, consecutive passengers will be sleeping on the same seat fabric.
Ill now have to take a single bedsheet in my carryon, in addition to the champagne flute.
ENTP and Newbtravelle like this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jed
What a shame that the mattress topper and blanket has gone. Surely having the mattress topper is more hygienic, as without it, consecutive passengers will be sleeping on the same seat fabric.
Ill now have to take a single bedsheet in my carryon, in addition to the champagne flute.
I’m sure the full bedding set will return at some stage. They were a genuine improvement and I can’t see a reason for them not to come back. I presume the short term cost of laundering the extra bits just couldn’t be justified at the moment.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 3:51 pm

With how empty the flights are just take another duvet and use it as a mattress pad, problem solved!
Old Aug 4, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by Jed
Depending on how much you drink, you will need to pack additional flutes, sealed and sanitized, for each additional pour....wink
GrumpyYoungMan likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 11:18 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Huh

Originally Posted by MFCC
I’m sure the full bedding set will return at some stage. They were a genuine improvement and I can’t see a reason for them not to come back. I presume the short term cost of laundering the extra bits just couldn’t be justified at the moment.
I would have hoped they were laundering them all after every pax and pre-covid anyway! If not then OMG
Old Aug 5, 2020, 1:18 am
Suspended

Programs: BA CCR GGL, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
I can concur with OP. Only a duvet and pillow provided. Blanket and topper not being provided at present. This is firsthand from 2 long hauls flown last week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.