FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Club Suites and bedding (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2022819-club-suites-bedding.html)

DominicB Aug 4, 2020 12:38 pm

Club Suites and bedding

Slightly reluctantly (in that I was downgraded from First by a change of equipment) I flew in Club Suites overnight ORD/LHR the other day. It was very superior to old CW, for which I was grateful. But I was a little confused, in that I had read a review of the White Company bedding which I am sure had talked about a 'mattress' sort of pad, a blanket and a sheet. But all there was on offer was a blanket. Did I get that wrong, or has life been enhanced already in this regard?

Can I help you Aug 4, 2020 1:04 pm

If you had the pack it should have contained a quilted blanket and smaller blanket and something that looks like a panty pad.

DominicB Aug 4, 2020 1:07 pm

There was simply a blanket wrapped in clear plastic. And the (young) cabin crew member I asked seemed to suggest that this is all there ever was...?

Can I help you Aug 4, 2020 1:08 pm

No there should be three things in the pack.

Geordie405 Aug 4, 2020 1:22 pm

Yes, I assume it still should all come in the White Company zipped up pack as well, as opposed to individual items. There's a mattress topper, a lighter blanket, and a heavier duvet. If you only got a blanket then it sounds to me as if this may have been a WTP blanket by mistake?

revorgap Aug 4, 2020 1:26 pm

Currently only the duvet and pillow are being provided. The day blanket and topper are temporarily removed.

MFCC Aug 4, 2020 1:42 pm

There is usually a pack containing a mattress, duvet and day blanket. However, for the last couple of months only the duvet has been provided. Presumably cost saving.

DominicB Aug 4, 2020 1:49 pm

In that I cannot see why providing them all rather than only one can be COVID justified, this feels inappropriate.

krispy84 Aug 4, 2020 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by DominicB (Post 32581504)
In that I cannot see why providing them all rather than only one can be COVID justified, this feels inappropriate.

Realistically, I think MFCC above has given the reason. The Covid fig leaf has been deployed again.

Jed Aug 4, 2020 2:50 pm

What a shame that the mattress topper and blanket has gone. Surely having the mattress topper is more hygienic, as without it, consecutive passengers will be sleeping on the same seat fabric.
Ill now have to take a single bedsheet in my carryon, in addition to the champagne flute.

MFCC Aug 4, 2020 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 32581659)
What a shame that the mattress topper and blanket has gone. Surely having the mattress topper is more hygienic, as without it, consecutive passengers will be sleeping on the same seat fabric.
Ill now have to take a single bedsheet in my carryon, in addition to the champagne flute.

I’m sure the full bedding set will return at some stage. They were a genuine improvement and I can’t see a reason for them not to come back. I presume the short term cost of laundering the extra bits just couldn’t be justified at the moment.

B-HQC Aug 4, 2020 3:51 pm

With how empty the flights are just take another duvet and use it as a mattress pad, problem solved!

Bradhattan Aug 4, 2020 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Jed (Post 32581659)

Depending on how much you drink, you will need to pack additional flutes, sealed and sanitized, for each additional pour....wink

marcusm1 Aug 4, 2020 11:18 pm

Huh

Originally Posted by MFCC (Post 32581702)
I’m sure the full bedding set will return at some stage. They were a genuine improvement and I can’t see a reason for them not to come back. I presume the short term cost of laundering the extra bits just couldn’t be justified at the moment.

I would have hoped they were laundering them all after every pax and pre-covid anyway! If not then OMG

oneworldrtw Aug 5, 2020 1:18 am

I can concur with OP. Only a duvet and pillow provided. Blanket and topper not being provided at present. This is firsthand from 2 long hauls flown last week.

B-HQC Aug 10, 2020 5:36 pm

Any idea if the full bedding is still being provided in First?

JFX1764 Aug 11, 2020 7:10 am

Originally Posted by marcusm1 (Post 32582466)
I would have hoped they were laundering them all after every pax and pre-covid anyway! If not then OMG

Each item used to be wrapped in plastic, when taken out the plastic that item would be laundered. They moved to paper bands for each item and laundered those taken out the paper band. 'Due to COVID' everything not in plastic has to be laundered. So a combo of saving money on laundering and less plastic waste.

mikeyfly Aug 11, 2020 7:38 am

Originally Posted by JFX1764 (Post 32596223)
Each item used to be wrapped in plastic, when taken out the plastic that item would be laundered. They moved to paper bands for each item and laundered those taken out the paper band. 'Due to COVID' everything not in plastic has to be laundered. So a combo of saving money on laundering and less plastic waste.

Looking at the current catering offering, there's definitely no attempt to reduce plastic waste !

imkevinmc Aug 11, 2020 7:58 am

Covid has taken us back to single use items, so invariably plastic. It's everywhere

B-HQC Aug 7, 2021 9:44 pm

Is the full CW bedding coming back? As flights are more full it's becoming more difficult to snag an extra duvet to use as a mattress pad, so the full set is sorely missed!

simonsmith Aug 8, 2021 2:12 am

I would also be interested to know what bedding is currently provided , I used to take a little fleece blanket with me to use

13901 Aug 8, 2021 2:56 am

I asked the Mrs and she said that as of her last flight on Thursday bedding was still only duvet + pillow in Club. So no mattress or thinner blanket. Not that I've got longhaul premium travel planned, but that would be a problem for me; between plane cabins being constantly warm and the duvet being even warmer I think I'd just barter the duvet for a Traveller Plus blanket.

Paren Aug 8, 2021 9:31 am

Was wondering the same thing. I flew in CS a few times last year and no mattress. Hoping it’ll be back in time for my next CS trip in a few weeks.

mda03jb Aug 9, 2021 9:08 am

Originally Posted by 13901 (Post 33473839)
but that would be a problem for me; between plane cabins being constantly warm and the duvet being even warmer I think I'd just barter the duvet for a Traveller Plus blanket.

I’m the same, always put topper & duvet underneath for extra padding then day blanket as duvet.