Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quick Turnarounds in airports

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, QR Gold, CX Silver, ITA Executive, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Question Quick Turnarounds in airports

Hi all,

With this pandemic, I am stuck at home, but it leaves me plenty of time for planning my future trips to do a tier run in the UK.
I have searched for some good deals on BA for making a back to back flight to places in the domestic UK. Upon arrival from the first flight, am I allowed to stay airside and wait to board my next flight? Or will I need to go out and come through security again? I will be flying Club Europe without checked bags. (Assume times between each turnaround flight is 1 hour-ish)

The airports that I am wondering about is Belfast BHD, Inverness INV and Manchester MAN.

Thank you everyone for any information in advance! Would love to see anyone has some ideas about it.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:39 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
There is an entire thread on the BA forum dedicated to back-to-back (immediate turnaround) possibilities at airports served by BA.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...tinations.html

I'm sure you'll find all the information you need in the Wiki at the top of the thread, and there might be details of individuals' specific experiences within the thread.

(The BA sub-forum is one of the finest resources for such matters on the entire internet, and it's always worth a look.)
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:15 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since the question is not directly related to Coronavirus the thread is being moved to the BA forum.

NewbieRunner
Coronavirus and Travel forum, co-mod
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:49 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
In the UK the ones where you do not have to go landside or through any security process are NCL, EDI, GLA, and ABZ.

In the European mainland I would suggest AMS, very simple b2b and low risk of them being removed from the list of countries exempt from self isolation, and quite decent fares atm.
alex67500 and crazyarmadillo like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:53 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingroundtheworld
The airports that I am wondering about is Belfast BHD, Inverness INV and Manchester MAN.
Probably the worst three in the UK network for a beginner. KARFA's list is a lot better, though I will add JER since that is now a LHR service, with NQY and IOM in between.
mikeyfly, alex67500, KARFA and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Probably the worst three in the UK network for a beginner. KARFA's list is a lot better, though I will add JER since that is now a LHR service, with NQY and IOM in between.
Can you do a B2B in JER without queueing to be swabbed?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 3:32 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Confus
Can you do a B2B in JER without queueing to be swabbed?
From what I can make out, the swabbing area is close to baggage reclaim, so away from the immediate arrvial / departure gate area. Hopefully one of the recent users can confirm.
Old Aug 4, 2020, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH FTL, KL/AF Ivory
GVA used to be a piece of cake before Covid, off the plane, off the airbridge, down a couple of flights of stairs into the arrival corridor, then a U-turn and up the stairs into the departure gate area. Took all of about 30 seconds from leaving the plane, no security, no border control. However, GVA has now centralized all the non-Schengen passport control into one area and that means you're bussed from the plane to centralized passport control. It's not quite clear what happens next, but I guess you then walk through transit security (hoping it's manned, which isn't always the case), though I've never seen any kind of line there, then travelate back to the satellite via passport control. If there isn't too much of a wait at the incoming passport control, you're probably talking about 15 minutes back to the departure gate area. As most of the LHR flights seem to be currently landing up to 20 minutes early, there's a reasonable amount of buffer time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.