Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Greece - individual or family PLF for BA?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&S Elite+
Greece - individual or family PLF for BA?

We are heading off the Greece next week. The Greek authorities now allow a single Passenger Locator Form for a family rather than individual ones. This rule has been in place for at least two weeks as that is when I filled in our form. However, I have seen reports that some airlines (Tui at least) are expecting passengers to have one each at check in. Has anyone experience of this on BA either way?
GinSling76 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Bronze
As long as all customers are listed (one form or multiple) and you have the QR code from the Greek authorities with the names, then you should be okay.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 1:54 pm

I believe each adult (18 and over) require their own PLF but children can be included on their parents' forms. My only concern was that when adding a child there was nowhere to include their passport details.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:19 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Thanks, flying to Athens Saturday and did not read the BA pre flight email. I'm glad I saw this in time.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PGberkshire
Thanks, flying to Athens Saturday and did not read the BA pre flight email. I'm glad I saw this in time.
The thing that catches some people out is that the online form must be submitted no later than approximately 21:50 hrs BST the night before travel, so 23:50 Athenian time. If you try to fill it in after that time the earliest selectable arrival date will be 24 hours hence, and that's not good enough to travel. If you forget to do it and turn up at the airport, then there is absolutely nothing BA can do about it - BA would be fined for any non compliant passengers. This has caused quite a fair bit of grief at T5 (and T2).

https://travel.gov.gr/#/
Grande Annee, DaveS, ENTP and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:44 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The thing that catches some people out is that the online form must be submitted by approximately 21:50 hrs BST the night before travel, 23:50 Athenian time. If you try to fill it in after that time the earliest selectable arrival date will be 24 hours hence, and that's not good enough to travel. If you forget to do it and turn up at the airport, then there is absolutely nothing BA can do about it - BA would be fined for any non compliant passengers. This has caused quite a fair bit of grief at T5 (and T2).

Yes fill it out otherwise you will be denied boarding! Swiss sent me an email like 2 days before the flight, I don't know if BA does.

Quick insider tip; if the QR code says 1 at the beginning it means earmarked for testing, if it is 2 not earmarked for testing as far as I can tell (don't quote me 100% but I believe that is how it works and I did get the 2 number in front and did not get tested).

Also you will get the QR code around midnight of the day of travel no matter how early you fill it in or how late (just make sure not less than 24 hours before).
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:21 am
Original Poster

Back to my original question, the Greek authorities now require you to submit only one form per household. There is a checkbox which says 'I will submit only one PLF form for my family/household.' If you don't check that, you cannot start to fill the form. It would be useful to get some information from someone that has actually travelled recently on their experience.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 12:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, TK Elite, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DaveS
Back to my original question, the Greek authorities now require you to submit only one form per household. There is a checkbox which says 'I will submit only one PLF form for my family/household.' If you don't check that, you cannot start to fill the form. It would be useful to get some information from someone that has actually travelled recently on their experience.
We flew VAR-ATH last week as 2 adults and 2 children on wizzair. We only filled out 1 form for all 4 of us and we were fine. We actually all got selected for random CV testing and they said just one of the 4 of us to do the test as we had just 1 form (the person administering the test scans the QR code on that form). Athens airport was like a ghost town with most shops shut...However, the Skyserv Lounge was open.
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Gold
if you go to the travelgov.gr website you cannot continue unless you tick the box " I Will only submit one PLF form per family / household.

The irony is I have just received an email from TUI stating I must fill out a form for every adult.

None the wiser here
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The thing that catches some people out is that the online form must be submitted no later than approximately 21:50 hrs BST the night before travel, so 23:50 Athenian time. If you try to fill it in after that time the earliest selectable arrival date will be 24 hours hence, and that's not good enough to travel. If you forget to do it and turn up at the airport, then there is absolutely nothing BA can do about it - BA would be fined for any non compliant passengers. This has caused quite a fair bit of grief at T5 (and T2).

I filled mine three days before I went. You need go do it though. Apparently there have been several cases of people at T5 being turned away and unable to check in as they haven’t filled the requisite forms
DaveS and ahmetdouas like this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:39 am

I had a twitter DM chat about this with the Greek embassy. Their response was that the Greek government categorically only requires one form per household, but they warned me about airlines not keeping up with developments and causing difficulty. I asked whether I should perhaps do one 'household' form with all of us on and then ask my wife to do a separate one for her and they suggested that this might be prudent.
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jon Baldwin
I had a twitter DM chat about this with the Greek embassy. Their response was that the Greek government categorically only requires one form per household, but they warned me about airlines not keeping up with developments and causing difficulty. I asked whether I should perhaps do one 'household' form with all of us on and then ask my wife to do a separate one for her and they suggested that this might be prudent.
Yes, I think that is what I will do. Thanks for the information.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 7:54 am

Programs: BD, BAEC Pleb, VS Pleb, Accor Pleb, HHonors Gold, Big White Season Pass
I've just had a DM conversation with the BA twitter team. They say that the check in staff take advice from customs and immigration agents at the airport and they'll have the latest guidance?? This doesn't sound hopeful that they actually know what's going on and I think I might apply for separate ones for all of us just in case
DaveS likes this.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:04 am

Programs: Gold, Some red card and some hotel cards.
Up-to-date entry requirements for every country worldwide should be on timatic which every airline has access to so no airline should have the wrong info.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:10 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Tiger_lily
I've just had a DM conversation with the BA twitter team. They say that the check in staff take advice from customs and immigration agents at the airport and they'll have the latest guidance?? This doesn't sound hopeful that they actually know what's going on and I think I might apply for separate ones for all of us just in case
At the risk of repetition, but to be completely clear about this, BA in T5 do know the restrictions for Greece (and other countries), and are expecting family QR documentation, individual QRs are fine, but not necessary. There are so many flights to Greece at the moment that the staff are now aware of the relevant restrictions, ditto Italy and Spain.
Tiger_lily and DaveS like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.