Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:32 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
For October flights: no, not yet.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: British Airways
Originally Posted by craigthemif
You would be denied boarding. The ability to enter a given country (visas, passport validity, etc.) is 100% your problem.

That said, most airlines, including BA, would make a gesture - a voucher in this case - but not a full refund.
They are only offering vouchers if you apply for one before check-in closes. So if you do get denied boarding, make sure you apply straight away and it will be accepted.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 10:18 am

Programs: Virgin Flying Club
Originally Posted by Often1
But the key question is, "who is 'us'?" There is a laundry list of exceptions which suggests that there is at least some traffic. Perhaps OP's is the flight that sticks. I would just wait it out. Can't do worse than a credit/voucher, so why opt for it now?
We are both U.K. citizens for leisure flights. The list currently of exemptions is not for tourists more focussed on residents, those with families and visas. The next batch to be allowed in are business travellers from selected countries (not the U.K.). This can all change by October but unlikely for leisure travel to be allowed by then from the U.K.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 3:20 am

FWIW, my booking for BA7 (to Haneda) on the 22nd October has been cancelled, whereas it was still showing as normal a couple of days ago. No email yet about it, I noticed when checking MMB that it said to "check in at airport" - clicking through gave the "We're sorry that your flight to Tokyo has been cancelled" message.
Old Aug 18, 2020, 4:47 am

Programs: Avios
Another data point
London-Haneda October 21st cancelled
Osaka-London November 2nd cancelled

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.