Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Badly personalised BA email

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:48 pm

Programs: airlines and hotels and rental cars - oh my!
Still hard to top this oldie, but goodie. Obviously not BA, but still ...

Old Aug 1, 2020, 1:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Symmetre

You mean all responses aren't written individually from scratch by someone taking the time to understand the situation?
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:31 pm
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Must have been written by whoever puts "You have 12,345,897 Avios. That's enough for a return trip in economy to Manchester !" on the website.

And who wrote the recent email

"It's been some time since we first took to the skies together, 69 years in fact, since you became an Executive Club Member. That’s an incredible 62,358 days!
Since then we've travelled far and wide, with adventures to XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZ, covering a total of 994,687 miles together"

where XXXXX, YYYYY and ZZZZZ are three of the mankiest destinations I've ever flown to.
Mine were actually fairly decent destinations mentioned in the email
Old Aug 1, 2020, 2:42 pm

Programs: OWE AA EXP;*A TK Gold; Marriott LTT; Hyatt Globalist; IHG Plat; National VIP
Originally Posted by Symmetre

So on brand!!!
Old Aug 2, 2020, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by Oxon Flyer
Quoted personal data may have been changed.
Ahh ok. My bad, I wrongly thought you were quoting verbatim
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:35 pm

Perhaps it was written by the same cabin crew member I had on a flight earlier today.
Throughout boarding, 45 minutes after the scheduled departure time, she kept announcing “to help us get away on time... (please store your bags etc etc)
I won’t mention the (single daily frequency) city of origin in order to save any blushes!
Old Aug 2, 2020, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Tom London
Perhaps it was written by the same cabin crew member I had on a flight earlier today.
Throughout boarding, 45 minutes after the scheduled departure time, she kept announcing “to help us get away on time... (please store your bags etc etc)
I won’t mention the (single daily frequency) city of origin in order to save any blushes!
I remember hearing the same thing a few years back when I was delayed. I was coming back from Rhodes and the flight was over an hour late but they still read out the ‘on time’ section of the brief.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

I don’t think the crew actually write the on board announcements. They merely recite from a book, no?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GFl, HH Diamond, BW Diamond, Virgin Voyages Deep Blue Extra, Blue Peter Badge Holder
Not a book, but a tablet but yes. God knows why it doesn’t just so ‘To help with a prompt departure...’
wrp96 and Fatdickie like this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I don’t think the crew actually write the on board announcements. They merely recite from a book, no?
potentially, I have no idea. But it would seem like common sense, to me, to skip a sentence that refers to an ‘on time’ departure when the flight is not ... on time!
BAeuro likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:19 pm

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Possible due to the extension and amendments to Executive Club Tier system to compensate for Covid the computer algorithms may have messed up when applied as a whole to all members!
Old Aug 5, 2020, 4:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tom London
potentially, I have no idea. But it would seem like common sense, to me, to skip a sentence that refers to an ‘on time’ departure when the flight is not ... on time!
Exactly! Apply as relevant to the circumstance, as opposed to just blindly read / memorize from what's in the book. In fairness, some crews are good at that while others not quite.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: Complete Pleb, former BAEC Gold, former MH Silver
Originally Posted by BAeuro
My thinking is that it’s not ‘Middle’ by date but by sector count. So have you taken the same number of flights from 2000-2016 and 2016-2020?
Yeh I'd concur, first international, most recent and in the middle most sectors in the past X years (not sure how long X is (probably 5), I could probably work it out if I had the inclination to put it all in a spreadsheet).

I got the not so far and wide destinations (the latter being my favorite ex-EU starting points in the past few years):

Since then we've travelled far and wide, with adventures to Dallas Fort Worth, Oslo and Stockholm

​​​​​​

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.