Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Double Avios Promo : Register and book by 31 Aug, travel by 31 Dec 2020

Old Aug 14, 2020, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
You can now enjoy double Avios on up to 10 flights or holidays. All you need to do is register and book by 31 August 2020 and travel by 31 December 2020.

This includes all domestic flights in the UK, and within southern Africa. Also included are our British Airways flights operated by our partners, American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair, when travelling between Europe and North America.

*Double Avios on flights can be awarded to all global Executive Club Members. Double Avios on holidays can only be awarded to Executive Club Members who are registered in the UK or USA.
Print Wikipost

Double Avios Promo : Register and book by 31 Aug, travel by 31 Dec 2020

Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Bumping

Hi,

Just bumping this for information ( 2 days left to book)

Have to take 2 weeks off in early October so thinking about going back to Venice ( if the quarantine restrictions on returning to the UK are still the same)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:59 pm

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Class, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Just bumping this for information ( 2 days left to book)

Have to take 2 weeks off in early October so thinking about going back to Venice ( if the quarantine restrictions on returning to the UK are still the same)

Regards

TBS
Thanks for the bump. I need to book some flights for Dec.

A word of caution, Venice in Oct can be a tad dreich. Have you thought of Southern Italy? Sicily is usually great at that time of year. (Caveat: havent checked BA flights).
Old Aug 29, 2020, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by krispy84
Thanks for the bump. I need to book some flights for Dec.

A word of caution, Venice in Oct can be a tad dreich. Have you thought of Southern Italy? Sicily is usually great at that time of year. (Caveat: havent checked BA flights).
Hi,

Thanks for that. Appreciate the weather in Venice might not be the best in October but this trip would explore the museums and churches in more detail ( spent a week in August doing lots of walking - bit hot but beautiful sunshine) and take it a bit easier and would also want a Hilton hotel with the double night promotions ( and these count for qualifcation during next year for 2022 so getting a head start)- Checked but there are no hiltons in sicily. I suspect there is a chance that by October there will be restrictions on Italy travel so I will probably end up in London!

Regards

TBS
krispy84 likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2020, 7:59 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

Thanks for that. Appreciate the weather in Venice might not be the best in October but this trip would explore the museums and churches in more detail ( spent a week in August doing lots of walking - bit hot but beautiful sunshine) and take it a bit easier and would also want a Hilton hotel with the double night promotions ( and these count for qualifcation during next year for 2022 so getting a head start)- Checked but there are no hiltons in sicily. I suspect there is a chance that by October there will be restrictions on Italy travel so I will probably end up in London!

Regards

TBS
Hopefully irrelevant, but plenty of great museums and churches in London, plus great food.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL, EY Plat, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Hi, does anyone have experience of double miles posting? Ive had flights over the last week that appear in my recent transactions but not yet with the double avios. Perhaps it takes a while for them to be added? Thanks.
Old Sep 8, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Yes, we had some post exactly the same time as the flight avios. And as expected double avios on base miles only not doubling up on tier bonuses. Appears as a separate entry under 'special promotion 2020 double avios award'
krispy84 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by rjb001
Hi, does anyone have experience of double miles posting? Ive had flights over the last week that appear in my recent transactions but not yet with the double avios. Perhaps it takes a while for them to be added? Thanks.
They should post at the same time as the flight does under "Special Promotion - 2020 Double Avios Reward"

However on a recent TFS return, I booked Economy then POUG'D to Club Europe. Then both flights got cancelled & rebooked and for some reason one flight didn't credit.

Contacted them and the credited it manually citing technical issues. Not sure if it was the POUG, the flight change or a combination that was the cause but worth contacting them online if they haven't credited yours.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:54 pm
Jed

Programs: BA Gold, AA 1MM lifetime gold, Starwood gold, Marriott Gold Elite
I think this promotion doesnt add much value- the double Avios is only for the base mileage upto a maximum of the full economy rate (lower if the fare booked only earns 50 or 25% Avios) and even excludes the class of service bonus.
James91 likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 9:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, EY Plat, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Thanks for the feedback. I used a GUF on the flights, have spoken with the GGL team and they are crediting the bonus points manually.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:13 am

Should double avios be awarded on the BA Holidays bonus avios as well as the avios awarded for flights?

The quote in the wiki seems to indicate yes, but nothing posted thus far for a trip in early Sep (flight double avios posted as expected).
Old Sep 22, 2020, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by krispy84
Should double avios be awarded on the BA Holidays bonus avios as well as the avios awarded for flights?

The quote in the wiki seems to indicate yes, but nothing posted thus far for a trip in early Sep (flight double avios posted as expected).
I'm similarly waiting for double holiday avios for a September trip...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by The Geek
They should post at the same time as the flight does under "Special Promotion - 2020 Double Avios Reward"

However on a recent TFS return, I booked Economy then POUG'D to Club Europe. Then both flights got cancelled & rebooked and for some reason one flight didn't credit.

Contacted them and the credited it manually citing technical issues. Not sure if it was the POUG, the flight change or a combination that was the cause but worth contacting them online if they haven't credited yours.
As a follow up to this, I had another one not credit last week which was booked in Y then POUG'D to CE. Same again they credited it manually citing technical issues.

The common theme between the 2 is both sectors that didn't credit were "U" fare buckets. So anyone who has done a POUG on a qualifying flight should double check that they credit properly.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
If you booked before the 31 August bu hen change the flight in Sept does it still qualify. I should point out that I took a FTV that was issued as an evoucher and made a new reservation Paying with the evoucher getting another evoucher for the lower fare difference.

A bit cheeky by BA as they would have let me change to the cheaper flights at no charge but not refunded the difference.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
If you booked before the 31 August bu hen change the flight in Sept does it still qualify. I should point out that I took a FTV that was issued as an evoucher and made a new reservation Paying with the evoucher getting another evoucher for the lower fare difference.

A bit cheeky by BA as they would have let me change to the cheaper flights at no charge but not refunded the difference.
I think you have to fly before December 31 so if your new flight fulfills that condition then you should be ok

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.