FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   October 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2022311-october-2020-flight-cancellations-operational-changes.html)

SuperGirl123 Jul 25, 2020 9:38 am

October 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes

Apologies, I don't know if there is a thread for October cancellations, but I've just received emails that my October flights have been cancelled. We haven't been booked on to an alternative flight, so I assume it's been completely cancelled. How do I go about getting a full refund as I do not want a voucher. I've tried calling BA, however the line cuts off saying it's too busy. What's the best number does anyone know? Surely I will be able to get my money back correct? Thanks :)

mikeyfly Jul 25, 2020 9:41 am

Correct SuperGirl123 just wait a few days then call at a quiet time. Straight cash refund is no questions asked when BA cancel

SuperGirl123 Jul 25, 2020 9:47 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly (Post 32557817)
Correct SuperGirl123 just wait a few days then call at a quiet time. Straight cash refund is no questions asked when BA cancel

Many thanks, I will try and contact them again :)

FlyerTalker39574 Jul 25, 2020 10:08 am

Originally Posted by SuperGirl123 (Post 32557810)
.....I've just received emails that my October flights have been cancelled. We haven't been booked on to an alternative flight, so I assume it's been completely cancelled...

When my flights were cancelled, BA didn’t book me on to alternative BA flights, I did that through manage my booking.

SuperGirl123 Jul 25, 2020 10:12 am

Originally Posted by richardwft (Post 32557869)
When my flights were cancelled, BA didn’t book me on to alternative BA flights, I did that through manage my booking.

TBH, i'd rather get a refund, I've got a disabled sister who was supposed to be flying with me, but we deffos won't be flying any time soon. I will just contact them for further information. Currently we were flying from EDI - DOH - LHE, via Qatar (flight was booked thru BA as a code share flight) which I don't think is running.

SuperGirl123 Jul 25, 2020 10:38 am

So I just called up the call centre and managed to get through to someone, I specifically requested for a refund, and the lady I spoke to said she would pass it to the refunds team to process and it can take 4-6 weeks, however just checked MMB, and it now says that I will be getting a voucher?! I specifically did not want a voucher. Am I now screwed? :(

KARFA Jul 25, 2020 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by SuperGirl123 (Post 32557937)
So I just called up the call centre and managed to get through to someone, I specifically requested for a refund, and the lady I spoke to said she would pass it to the refunds team to process and it can take 4-6 weeks, however just checked MMB, and it now says that I will be getting a voucher?! I specifically did not want a voucher. Am I now screwed? :(

What does it say in MMB? Where does it say you will only get a future travel voucher?

SuperGirl123 Jul 25, 2020 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 32558282)
What does it say in MMB? Where does it say you will only get a future travel voucher?

As soon as i go into MMB it says this:

Where will your voucher take you?

Using your future travel voucher is easy. Simply call us when you're ready to book a flight or holiday, tell us your voucher code and we'll complete your booking.

We're replacing your booking with the voucher, so you'll no longer be able to use your xxxxx.

-----

However i never requested that! I asked for a refund.....

KARFA Jul 25, 2020 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by SuperGirl123 (Post 32558510)
As soon as i go into MMB it says this:

Where will your voucher take you?

Using your future travel voucher is easy. Simply call us when you're ready to book a flight or holiday, tell us your voucher code and we'll complete your booking.

We're replacing your booking with the voucher, so you'll no longer be able to use your xxxxx.

-----

However i never requested that! I asked for a refund.....

Ok. It may be best to call and check then

BAeuro Jul 26, 2020 8:16 am

With the winter season starting on Oct 25th, I wonder when they will start making adjustments to that. I imagine quite a few routes will be cut, big aircraft changes and lots of frequency changes.

BJ787 Jul 28, 2020 11:45 am

Got a few flights out of LGW to ACE in for September & November and they've all just been zeroed out, next flight showing any availability is middle of November.

Neilgcal Jul 28, 2020 11:54 am

Just had a look and AGP departures from LGW and they have disappeared until 09NOV so presumably they are going to move all these over to LHR until at least this date?! It was until early SEP only

BXK_Oz Jul 28, 2020 2:45 pm

My flight for October hasn't been cancelled yet. Maybe the travel Gods will smile on me and allow travel. If not, just get my voucher

CharlotteC Jul 29, 2020 6:05 am

Flights to Faro on 13th October have been zeroed out from Gatwick indeed all flights to and from Gatwick appear for have disappeared!

brithk Jul 29, 2020 7:11 am

JER seems to have disappeared for October - presumably continuing the shift to LHR