Flying to Salzburg from UK

Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Flying to Salzburg from UK

My family are booked in CE from LGW to SZG, in mid September. As we have an agreement with Austria, no quarantine is required when returning to the UK, but currently entry to Austria is generally only allowed with negative COVID test, no more than 4 days prior to arrival.

I understand that on arrival to VIE tests are available with a 3 hour turnaround but not at SZG.

When having a test locally, one can get fairly quick results by email, but would this email suffice in Austria?

Does anyone know what procedures are in place to allow pax to board aircraft in such circumstances?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Although flying on a BA aircraft, your query may be better placed in the main Coronavirus forum. There’s a few recent threads on arrival tests etc

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/coronavirus-travel-773/
botham likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:51 pm

I would google coronavirus and Austria. I understand it that if you currently cannot fly directly to Austria from the U.K. if you are British you need to supply a negative molecular Covid test taken a maximum of three days before you arrive in Austria otherwise you will need to quarantine/ self isolate for 14 days. These are the current rules although from the website it is hinted that these regulations might change soon on the website
Old Jul 23, 2020, 3:39 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Austria has banned flights from the UK and several other countries so your flight wont be operating unless that changes. But BA ought to switch you to MUC if you still want to go.

The test certification Austria require is specifically this document completed by a doctor. https://www.ris.bka.gv.at/Dokumente/...1752893.pdfsig So youd need a test from a willing private GP or perhaps a friendly GP would do this after a government test.

Further info and perhaps updates here. https://www.austria.info/en/service-...us-information
Old Jul 24, 2020, 3:12 am

Programs: *G, OWS
oesterreich.gv.at has the current information (in German).
Current requirement for travellers from the UK is either

Einreise nach sterreich – Gesundheitsmanahmen

Personen, die nicht in eine der oben genannten Personengruppen fallen und aus dem Schengenraum oder aus [...] dem Vereinigten Knigreich [...] einreisen wollen,
  • mssen einen negativen Coronavirus-Test (nicht lter als vier Tage ist) vorweisen
  • oder eine 14-tgige Heimquarantne oder eine Quarantne in einer geeigneten Unterkunft (mit Besttigung der Verfgbarkeit) antreten
meaning either a negative corona test (no older than 4 days) or 14 days of quarantine.
There is nor requirement on who performs the test - quite a few private practices in the UK offer that service.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.