LHR & LGW to FAO

Old Jul 21, 2020, 2:22 pm
Original Poster

LHR & LGW to FAO

Hoping to go to Portugal in late September, assuming there’s an air bridge established. When I look on the BA booking site its showing return flights from LGW but only inbound for LHR, ie. FAO to LHR.

So what’s going on there? Is this in preparation of shutting down from LGW and they’re reserving FAO to LHR slots as a minimum?

Whats the likelihood of flights from LGW in late September? Are they still pulling LGW operations?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
There are currently many flights on sale between Gatwick and Faro (both ways) in late September. How many will operate, and whether some might switch to Gatwick, is another question!
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by e8steve
There are currently many flights on sale between Gatwick and Faro (both ways) in late September. How many will operate, and whether some might switch to Gatwick, is another question!
Did you mean to say “switch to Heathrow”?
My question was more about the fact I can fly from FAO to LHR but not vice versa. Is that normal?
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Gold Guest List & GfL, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis Presidents Club
Apologies yes, I meant Heathrow.

In ‘normal’ times, the Heathrow operations to a Faro only operate on limited days. So unless some Gatwick flights are switched, you might not find them every day. But I can flights from LHR on 27 and 28 Sep. And I am travelling on the 1 October flight ...
Old Jul 22, 2020, 1:54 am

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Didn't read the OP properly
Old Jul 22, 2020, 5:52 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by Newbury newbie
Hoping to go to Portugal in late September, assuming there’s an air bridge established. When I look on the BA booking site its showing return flights from LGW but only inbound for LHR, ie. FAO to LHR.

So what’s going on there? Is this in preparation of shutting down from LGW and they’re reserving FAO to LHR slots as a minimum?

Whats the likelihood of flights from LGW in late September? Are they still pulling LGW operations?
I'm slightly confused by the question, so apologies if I have this wrong. There are plenty of LHR-FAO-LHR & LGW-FAO-LGW flights at the end of September - but it seems slightly randomised - as to the amount of daily rotations - seems BA slotting in departures where they can - and LCY-FAO is dropped by then. I think it's just the day you looked at - have a look a day later? I can't see a day with no FAO-LGW loaded - are you just checking Avios availability rather than cash?

Now until Sep 6th - mix of LHR/LCY - FAO (up to 5 flights a day)

Last LCY-FAO-LCY on 06 Sep

First LGW-FAO-LGW on 09 Sep (3 rotations in fact, none from LHR that day)

Then a mix of LGW/LHR & vv daily from that date (0-2 LHR departures, 2-4 LGW departures) right through until October.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.