Search

BA TP Run Same Day International Return

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2020, 6:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, AF-KL Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Silver
BA TP Run Same Day International Return

Hi Folks,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe during this pandemic.

Just a quick question though, British Airways have recently renewed my Silver Status up to June 2022 but will have to accumulate 450 TP by next year. Now with all the travel restrictions, all my travel plans this year had been disrupted (CX PEY LHR-TYO rtn, QR J LHR-PEK, PVG-LHR, IB LHR-EZE, GIG-LHR via MAD) which obviously would have given me more than enough to retain my silver status.

My question is, is it allowed to do a same day return itenerary on international flights? i.e CX LHR-HKG-LHR (CX252 inbound landing the next day and then CX253 inbound the same day)?

Also the reason for asking is because I am itching to travel and get on a plane.

Any advices for TP runs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: BA EC
I believe you have to do nothing to have your silver until June 2022.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:09 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, if your silver status and card expiry is now end of June 2022 there really is no reason to go out of your way to get TPs in your 9 May 2020 to 8 May 2021 collection year. Your silver status will be maintained in to your next collection year (9 May 2021 to 8 May 2022) regardless.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:13 am

If you are not HK resident , you will simply be denied boarding after all the issues at HKIA recently. Airlines have been warned by Airport authority of HK.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
You don't need to earn any tier points this membership year, it's the following year that you'll need 450 TPs and 4 BA flights to retain Silver.

If you do want to travel, I would recommend sticking to this list of FCO-approved countries and checking entry requirements (on the relevant FCO country page) and UK re-entry requirements.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:30 am

Programs: Executive Club Silver, Kestrelflyer Silver, FlyingBlue & Expedia+
Originally Posted by J343
Hi Folks,

I hope you are all well and keeping safe during this pandemic.

Just a quick question though, British Airways have recently renewed my Silver Status up to June 2022 but will have to accumulate 450 TP by next year. Now with all the travel restrictions, all my travel plans this year had been disrupted (CX PEY LHR-TYO rtn, QR J LHR-PEK, PVG-LHR, IB LHR-EZE, GIG-LHR via MAD) which obviously would have given me more than enough to retain my silver status.

My question is, is it allowed to do a same day return itenerary on international flights? i.e CX LHR-HKG-LHR (CX252 inbound landing the next day and then CX253 inbound the same day)?

Also the reason for asking is because I am itching to travel and get on a plane.

Any advices for TP runs will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
If we've got you right you should do your tier point run after July 2022 when it resets? to maintain for 2023-4 - That being said with the ever changing situation due to Covid and the flight time being considerable you don't want to board the plane under one set of rules only to have it change before you land. Either way I think you'll be fine for now.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by cvm0093
If we've got you right you should do your tier point run after July 2022 when it resets?
Assuming the OP's tier point collection year ends on the 8 June each year (with card expiry at end of July each year), the OP would need to collect 450 TPs and fly 4 BA flights in the 2021-2022 membership year (from 9 June 2021 to 8 June 2022) to retain Silver.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by neofung
I believe you have to do nothing to have your silver until June 2022.
So does this mean I dont need to have 450TP by 8 May 2021 which is my reset year?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Genius1
Assuming the OP's tier point collection year ends on the 8 June each year (with card expiry at end of July each year), the OP would need to collect 450 TPs and fly 4 BA flights in the 2021-2022 membership year (from 9 June 2021 to 8 June 2022) to retain Silver.
My TP collection year ends on the 8th of May next year and my account is showing I will need to collect 450 TP and fly 4 BA flights. Saying that though, my card is showing an expiry date of June 2022
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:32 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by J343
So does this mean I dont need to have 450TP by 8 May 2021 which is my reset year?
correct. see post 3. your silver status will be maintained.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 3:13 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
correct. see post 3. your silver status will be maintained.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your advice.

Keep well and stay healthy 😊
KARFA likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.