Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Flash Sale!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2020, 7:33 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by James91
I've always wanted to visit IST but as a gay person I'm always concerned about being bashed! But then again I did TIA and had a great time so maybe it'd be fine. That is a great price...
​​​​​​

Didn’t find it an issue travelling as a gay couple. We stayed at Soho House which was beautiful and very liberal.
James91 and 86BA7 like this.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've always wanted to visit IST but as a gay person I'm always concerned about being bashed! But then again I did TIA and had a great time so maybe it'd be fine. That is a great price...
Istanbul is a wonderful city and the Turks are friendly and accepting people, so gay-bashing wouldn’t be on my list of concerns here (I go once or twice a year to see gay friends and have never had a problem). As anywhere just be respectful and follow local customs. At the current prices I’m considering booking for the new year...
James91 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 4:45 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
I can reiterate that which you have all said about Istanbul. I cannot answer from a gay standpoint obviously, but all I can say is that the Galley Gossip was that you should have no problem.

That said I have booked to return to Athens. For one reason or another Him Indoors had never been. I have just paid £164 for the pair of us using 6,000 Avios as part payment. This will be in March next year and I think that it is an excellent fare for CE. That said, it would be pleasant if the fare onboard were back to normal but that remains to be seen.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 7:10 am

I appreciate everyone who took the time to reassure me - I'm booking for the end of October. Now to look at this Soho House....
volar likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 11:27 am

Programs: krisflyer
Booked 3 trips to Istanbul, Madeira and Athens. 3 cities that I’ve not been and actually want to go. Paid around £578 in total. Gets me Silver. Not too shabby I guess…if the trips happen at all!
ENTP likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
I appreciate everyone who took the time to reassure me - I'm booking for the end of October. Now to look at this Soho House....

Go, have fun. plenty of other choices in good hotel as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.