Wiki Posts
Search

BA Flash Sale!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2020, 3:41 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Neilgcal
if you have Taken a POUG and the flight cancels, can you get a full refund inc the upgrade?
yes, so original cost + POUG amount

what wouldn't be refunded are any change fees paid for previous changes (e.g. for a change of date)
Neilgcal likes this.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:02 am

Programs: BAEC Silver (but only temporarily) AVIS Presidents Club, Starbucks Gold
Larnaca in CE from £195:00 from LHR on BA. 160tp's for £195:00. And I believe Cyprus allows arrivals from the UK at the time of writing.
Seems to have a few open dates end Sept into Oct.

ML

Last edited by Mountlodge; Sep 22, 2020 at 11:03 am Reason: Forgot to add sample dates
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Mountlodge
Larnaca in CE from £195:00 from LHR on BA. 160tp's for £195:00. And I believe Cyprus allows arrivals from the UK at the time of writing.

ML
indeed, and in the comfort of Club World on the 787 rotation on Thursdays
Old Sep 22, 2020, 11:47 am

Programs: krisflyer
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
indeed, and in the comfort of Club World on the 787 rotation on Thursdays
Are there any other 160TP return routes that has the 787 as well?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by makrxx
Are there any other 160TP return routes that has the 787 as well?
Athens
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Mountlodge

ML
UK arrivals allowed in Cyprus but I understood only welcome with proof of negative Covid test?
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:33 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes, currently Cyprus deems UK category B so you do need to have undergone a test for Covid-19 at a certified lab no more than 72 hours before departing for Cyprus and show a certificate demonstrating the negative result to the test.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes, currently Cyprus deems UK category B so you do need to have undergone a test for Covid-19 at a certified lab no more than 72 hours before departing for Cyprus and show a certificate demonstrating the negative result to the test.
Well that dilutes the £/TP ratio somewhat then. Assuming you're not getting a test the naughty way...
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:03 pm

Programs: Some
For those contemplating booking Cyprus, be aware that the UK may well be careering towards a downgrade to Category C very shortly. France, Netherlands and Croatia, for example, were all downgraded from Category B to Category C at around or even below the current UK daily new infection level. I think you should assume unless you are booking for travel in the next few days that Cyprus is very high risk. There's a reason flights to LCA are probably being sold cheaper than they've been for 10+ years.
Old Sep 22, 2020, 2:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
For those contemplating booking Cyprus, be aware that the UK may well be careering towards a downgrade to Category C very shortly. France, Netherlands and Croatia, for example, were all downgraded from Category B to Category C at around or even below the current UK daily new infection level. I think you should assume unless you are booking for travel in the next few days that Cyprus is very high risk. There's a reason flights to LCA are probably being sold cheaper than they've been for 10+ years.
The current situation is very fluid, and anyone who books a trip for the short / medium term is taking a considerable risk.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I had booked a trip EDI-LHR-VCE return for early October. The outbound EDI-LHR was cancelled and the LHR-VCE flight retimed. I checked online and prices have fallen so I took the voucher option ( only took 10mins to come) and rebooked .

Saved GBP 93 so that has come back in a voucher.

Returrn EDI-VCE in CE now GBP 259 ( for O/B on 4th Oct and I/B 16th Oct)

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:24 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I had booked a trip EDI-LHR-VCE return for early October. The outbound EDI-LHR was cancelled and the LHR-VCE flight retimed. I checked online and prices have fallen so I took the voucher option ( only took 10mins to come) and rebooked .

Saved GBP 93 so that has come back in a voucher.

Returrn EDI-VCE in CE now GBP 259 ( for O/B on 4th Oct and I/B 16th Oct)

Regards

TBS
Perhaps I’m being dense here, but if BA cancelled a flight why didn’t you opt for the cash refund?
Modo likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2020, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Perhaps I’m being dense here, but if BA cancelled a flight why didn’t you opt for the cash refund?
Hi,

I could have done that but I'm happy with the voucher as hopefully will use it in 2021 and that this is my only voucher that I have. If the fare was more expensive or a long haul flight I would have taken the cash.

Regards

TBS
Old Sep 25, 2020, 5:34 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by Agent69
The current situation is very fluid, and anyone who books a trip for the short / medium term is taking a considerable risk.
Love - I am 100% with you. I really think that this winter we all have had our wings clipped. I totally understand that people want to carry on as before, but it is looking less and less feasible. Frankly flying around for flying's sake seems a bit superfluous when people have had their memberships extended. I am certain that this may be extended yet again as with the best will in the world people cannot travel. Either they face quarantine and restrictions on arrival at their destination but almost certain quarantine upon their return. The USA is closed territory for all Europeans. These fares are so tempting, but how many times will we be calling BA because of cancellations or time changes.

Until we have a vaccine that is safe and effective; this is not going away. That is the harsh reality. I just hope that British Airways is still around when this comes to a halt.
Old Sep 25, 2020, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Love - I am 100% with you. I really think that this winter we all have had our wings clipped. I totally understand that people want to carry on as before, but it is looking less and less feasible. Frankly flying around for flying's sake seems a bit superfluous when people have had their memberships extended. I am certain that this may be extended yet again as with the best will in the world people cannot travel. Either they face quarantine and restrictions on arrival at their destination but almost certain quarantine upon their return. The USA is closed territory for all Europeans. These fares are so tempting, but how many times will we be calling BA because of cancellations or time changes.

Until we have a vaccine that is safe and effective; this is not going away. That is the harsh reality. I just hope that British Airways is still around when this comes to a halt.
Fully agree - some of the fares are very attractive but there are so many risks involved that I have not booked any flights. For at least the next six months, the situation is likely to remain the same with flights cancelled, retimed, borders closed,opened, and closed again, quarantines imposed, relaxed and then re-imposed. All you are doing is giving BA an interest free loan with your money. If they cancel the flight then all well and good you can get your money back but there are many situations in which you would not get a refund and be forced to take the voucher option which is another interest free loan to BA with no certainty of being able to use the voucher or as Pucci says if BA will still be around when you can use the voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.