Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Flash Sale!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
That sounds like a bargain to me... I'd snap it up while you can!
That's what I was thinking. Just trying to persuade the OH
Old Jul 20, 2020, 12:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
There are some ridiculously good bargains out there. Mrs. Firstlight and I got a booking to an Italian destination in 3 weeks where just the stay at the (rather nice Mr & Mrs Smith) hotel on multiple websites costs more than the combined hotel and flight cost (ET) through BA Holidays. Essentially paying less than nothing for the flight which includes baggage as well as (for us) first wing and lounge access and exit row seats.

We had to cancel our trip to Dublin on the same weekend; given their 2 week quarantine rules; so the Irish are missing out on our tourist £ and the Italians are getting it instead. The weather is likely to be better at our destination as are the historic sights and museum queues and BA are giving us our deposit back for the aborted irish adventure ...
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC
Some really good deals out there but annoying it’s only till 30th September. Prices go back to normal on 1st October which is ridiculous as September is more popular than October.

I would go in September but my new plan is to leave at least 2 weeks between trips in case I have to self isolate.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Some really good deals out there but annoying it’s only till 30th September. Prices go back to normal on 1st October which is ridiculous as September is more popular than October.

I would go in September but my new plan is to leave at least 2 weeks between trips in case I have to self isolate.
My hunch and advice would be to get away sooner rather than later. As more things open up, more chance of lockdowns happening even if they are local. As the weather turns come October we won’t know what difference that has on the virus, the usual colds start developing etc. October feels like a lifetime away in today’s world. Live for now!

Maybe I’m being a complete pessimist and very cautious but as they say make hay whilst the sun shines. I hope I'm completely wrong and we can continue the normalities that are slowly returning.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 3:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker

I have heard chunterings of both Luxury and limited LH sales in the offering. Worry not, I am sure there will be something that suits on the near horizon.
BAeuro likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:09 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Just wanted to add to this; if you want to go to Greece, go now, Mykonos and Santorini have ridiculous amount of spare hotel capacity on booking.com and they are the creme de la creme.

It is doubtful you will ever have this opportunity again, to enjoy the top tier Greek islands in the best time (July, August) without many crowds and everything so cheap.
palcsaky, rockflyertalk and BAeuro like this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
My hunch and advice would be to get away sooner rather than later. As more things open up, more chance of lockdowns happening even if they are local. As the weather turns come October we won’t know what difference that has on the virus, the usual colds start developing etc. October feels like a lifetime away in today’s world. Live for now!

Maybe I’m being a complete pessimist and very cautious but as they say make hay whilst the sun shines. I hope I'm completely wrong and we can continue the normalities that are slowly returning.
I agree. I’m trying to make the most of late summer in case we have another wave this winter. I would go in August but the good prices only seem to be in September (and I have 2 bookings for that month anyway).
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
Just wanted to add to this; if you want to go to Greece, go now, Mykonos and Santorini have ridiculous amount of spare hotel capacity on booking.com and they are the creme de la creme.

It is doubtful you will ever have this opportunity again, to enjoy the top tier Greek islands in the best time (July, August) without many crowds and everything so cheap.
Thanks for your tips guys, I do appreciate it.

So does anyone know of any cheap deals to the Med in August? Prices to me don’t seem amazing.

For now back to the BA app, probably the most used one on my phone
Old Jul 21, 2020, 4:17 pm

Thanks for your tips guys, I do appreciate it.

So does anyone know of any cheap deals to the Med in August? Prices to me don’t seem amazing.

For now back to the BA app, probably the most used one on my phone
Just find a way to get to Athens. From there jump on a cheap domestic flight, and book the hotel on booking.com if you must, there are so many of them. This weekend is the peak weekend all year of Mykonos and booking.com is flooded with cheap listings, usually it is 100% booked.

BA does not have a big amount of flights to the islands this summer, but they do have reasonable capacity to Athens.

I was telling neighbours of mine to not bother with the traditional package holidays that seem quite popular in the UK under normal circumstances, it is time to get adventurous and stretch the comfort zone especially this year.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2020, 5:17 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Price for BA holiday pre sale £1870. Price for identical holiday during sale. £1876. Much enjoying these "sale" prices. £6.00 GBP is nothing however I do wonder just how much of a sale it is if prices are higher.

Figures based on a real world example BA holiday to Tenerife for 7 days in ET originally priced 9th July then booked 21st July ( YES I'm aware of price flux driven by demand, my point stands)
Old Jul 22, 2020, 2:46 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

<Northern Chip on my Shoulder>

I love the choice of departure airports fro BA Holidays...

</Northern Chip on my Shoulder>
VSLover and TraumaDoc like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold

Custom Holiday maker gives you all the start points you could possibly need
DYKWIA and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:07 am

Indeed - the sparkle of any decent deals is extinguished if you need to fly from the regions. Same as it ever was I suppose.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ahmetdouas
I was telling neighbours of mine to not bother with the traditional package holidays that seem quite popular in the UK under normal circumstances, it is time to get adventurous and stretch the comfort zone especially this year.
sure, but if things get messy, package holidays offers significantly more consumer protection than a DIY trip.

For those planning an annual two-week family trip abroad, maybe losing the ATOL protection would be more risk than adventure, especially in these extraordinary times.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 3:32 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
sure, but if things get messy, package holidays offers significantly more consumer protection than a DIY trip.

For those planning an annual two-week family trip abroad, maybe losing the ATOL protection would be more risk than adventure, especially in these extraordinary times.
Just book free cancellation on booking.com. And for the airline, book a reputable one, not a budget one. Easy, nothing to lose.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.