Running low on Pajamas

Old Dec 11, 21, 3:36 am
  #46  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 17,140
I didn’t say throw them away after one use, what I think is that they are useful but not a fashion item or trophy.
They should have been given out on the Moscow flight, the only flights they are not offered are the short shuttle flights within the Caribbean.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 4:17 am
  #47  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I didnt say throw them away after one use, what I think is that they are useful but not a fashion item or trophy.
They should have been given out on the Moscow flight, the only flights they are not offered are the short shuttle flights within the Caribbean.
Thinking back, my dad got a pair which he could only have got on on the Moscow route, so fair play. I think, like all good crew, the folks on that flight know their bussiness and offer things to passengers in accordance with their expectations. 99% of people on that flight won't want them,
DeathSlam is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 4:33 am
  #48  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by flybymonkey View Post
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) takes that philosophy as I seem to recall him wearing his BA pyjama top on TV interview a few years ago
I often wear some of my PJ tops as normal clothes. (I spend an entire holiday in Vietnam in them).
I have a Swiss rugby shirt and a Lufthansa polo shirt each of which would probably cost 100 if you bought them online. Sadly my BA tops would be overpriced at 2.50 in LIDL. Maybe DG had some differnent ones? Pics please.
becks1 likes this.
DeathSlam is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 4:34 am
  #49  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 17,140
Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
I often wear some of my PJ tops as normal clothes. (I spend an entire holiday in Vietnam in them).
I have a Swiss rugby shirt and a Lufthansa polo shirt each of which would probably cost 100 if you bought them online. Sadly my BA tops would be overpriced at 2.50 in LIDL. Maybe DG had some differnent ones? Pics please.
Im not judging you, I am really. 😂😂
DeathSlam and AnaTravel like this.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 5:53 am
  #50  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I didnt say throw them away after one use, what I think is that they are useful but not a fashion item or trophy.
That is easy for you to say as you have worked for the airline. Very few people have the privilege to fly First class and the ones that will very rarely need the mementos such as the pyjamas and amenity kits as a trophy.
MiraculousM, LCSinTexas and becks1 like this.
flybymonkey is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 5:58 am
  #51  
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 272
Originally Posted by DeathSlam View Post
I often wear some of my PJ tops as normal clothes. (I spend an entire holiday in Vietnam in them).
I have a Swiss rugby shirt and a Lufthansa polo shirt each of which would probably cost 100 if you bought them online. Sadly my BA tops would be overpriced at 2.50 in LIDL. Maybe DG had some differnent ones? Pics please.
Mate the man (Grohl) is a total legend.


I know a guy who works in the clothing industry and just because something is a 'premium' brand means absolute rubbish as more often than not the biggest and elitist brands have their stuff made alongside cheaper even unbranded products in sweatshops in South Asia/China. Don't be fooled where they say stuff is made or the so called quality unless you know for sure where and how it is made. Some brands will get the items made abroad, ship them into their local country then add a small print or the like just to say it was made locally.
HIDDY, DeathSlam and becks1 like this.
flybymonkey is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 6:03 am
  #52  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 17,140
I don’t collect trophies, I collect memories!
sl1ppy, our_kid and fluffymitten like this.
Can I help you is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 6:17 am
  #53  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by flybymonkey View Post
Mate the man (Grohl) is a total legend.
No doubt.
Excellent post of the interview and I can see the BA first logo.
Still a cr*p shirt though and shows exactly what I was talking about..
I suspect people judge me by different sartorial standards to DG...
flybymonkey and becks1 like this.
DeathSlam is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 7:05 am
  #54  
Fairmont Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: UK
Programs: BA (Silver) Asiana (Silver) Hllton (Gold)
Posts: 720
Originally Posted by flybymonkey View Post
just because something is a 'premium' brand means absolute rubbish as more often than not the biggest and elitist brands have their stuff made alongside cheaper even unbranded products in sweatshops in South Asia/China.
Very OMNI but yes, deffo.Since everyone gets their stuff made in China, the only differential is what the commisssioners require as quality in their PJs and toothpaste provisioning, If the flying public demand it, then the airlines will do it. As with everrything else, vote with your wallet.
DeathSlam is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 11:33 am
  #55  
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: LAX
Programs: AA EXP.
Posts: 1,097
Originally Posted by flybymonkey View Post
Dave Grohl (Foo Fighters) takes that philosophy as I seem to recall him wearing his BA pyjama top on TV interview a few years ago
he was sitting behind me in LH F wearing his LH pyjamas last month maybe next time he will wear those lol
flybymonkey and becks1 like this.
Amil is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 7:12 pm
  #56  
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: SFO, JFK/LGA/EWR
Programs: Alaska 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, *A Gold w/ Asiana Diamond, Krisflyer Gold, AC 50K
Posts: 531
Thanks for the helpful answers, this is the most I've ever seen an old thread "pop off" after restarting the convo. Fun to see!
18wheeler_vanrekt is offline  
Old Dec 11, 21, 8:44 pm
  #57  
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Anywhere
Posts: 5,627
Originally Posted by Paren View Post
Not BA related (sorry) but after a 6 month supply, I have ran out of hair conditioner. Being a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite member, I have not purchased shampoo or conditioner for 6+ years.
Doesn't Marriott (and other hotel chains like Hilton) nowadays affix the dispenser to the shower walls so theres no opportunity to bring hotel toiletries home? Hands up those who bring their own empty bottles to fill up!
fluffymitten likes this.
carrotjuice is offline  
Old Dec 12, 21, 2:14 am
  #58  
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Posts: 453
Originally Posted by carrotjuice View Post
Doesn't Marriott (and other hotel chains like Hilton) nowadays affix the dispenser to the shower walls so theres no opportunity to bring hotel toiletries home? Hands up those who bring their own empty bottles to fill up!
guilty your honour 😂
MiraculousM likes this.
Donsyb is offline  
Old Dec 12, 21, 6:13 am
  #59  
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 256
Originally Posted by Can I help you View Post
I never understand the need for PJ to be stylish, they of course should be comfortable but thrown away after use.
maybe the one to really collect are the Swiss ones made by Zimmerli,

Last edited by marcopizzaiuolo; Dec 13, 21 at 2:27 am
marcopizzaiuolo is offline  
Old Dec 12, 21, 6:17 am
  #60  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Posts: 17,140
I don’t collect any old tat.
Can I help you is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread