How to cancel 241 booking?

Old Jul 13, 20, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club
How to cancel 241 booking?

Can anyone advise how to cancel a companion voucher booking at the moment, to get avios and voucher refunded? As I understand, if I cancel I will get the 6 month extension on the companion voucher. I could then re-book for next March as reward flights are available. The same hotel we had booked is also available. However, on the website all you can get to is the FTV page! What is the best way to do this?
Old Jul 13, 20, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K; BA Gold
Originally Posted by andytown View Post
Can anyone advise how to cancel a companion voucher booking at the moment, to get avios and voucher refunded? As I understand, if I cancel I will get the 6 month extension on the companion voucher. I could then re-book for next March as reward flights are available. The same hotel we had booked is also available. However, on the website all you can get to is the FTV page! What is the best way to do this?
At the moment the only way to cancel a booking is to call.
Old Jul 13, 20, 11:02 pm

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
If you cancel it will cost you 35pp. If you really do want to rebook for March, you can take a FTV and then call to rebook which is free. Either way it will require one phone call.
Old Jul 14, 20, 1:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive club
Can I still do the FTV option if I made my booking, using Companion Voucher, before March 2020? I booked last Oct.
Old Jul 14, 20, 2:02 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by andytown View Post
Can I still do the FTV option if I made my booking, using Companion Voucher, before March 2020? I booked last Oct.
Currently yes, if you are travelling before the end of August. This may change for later dates, but we have no news. See the main Rebooking thread for more information, which can be found via the BA Covid19 Dashboard.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: