Which terminal Madrid

Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Which terminal Madrid

I've seen conflicting information regarding which terminal BA is currently using in Madrid. I was advised that T1 reopened only on 01 Jul and that T4S is not open. Apparently Air Europa are still in T4. Flights from now on ba.com show flights arriving and departing T4S. Anyone know the correct situation? Thank you.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
The main T4.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:17 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Yes it doesn't seem clear. BA are showing T4S. However looking at gates it seems yesterday BA flights went from H7 and H11 which are T4 gates.

To some extent it doesn't matter too much, it is almost like asking whether your flight is departing from, T5A or T5B. It is all the same terminal at the end of the day. If coming from landside you would be entering in to T4 anyway regardless. If connecting then it would be clear when you arrive, and if T4S isn't being used you would just be doing a connection within T4.
Genius1 likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Thanks
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
T4S has been closed and will undoubtedly remain closed for the foreseeable future. More info on the Iberia forum.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by orbitmic
T4S has been closed and will undoubtedly remain closed for the foreseeable future.
Can widebodies use contact stands at T4?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Yes, there are 2-3 stands that are widebody capable. H2, H4 and H8 I believe.
orbitmic and Confus like this.
Old Jul 14, 2020, 8:14 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just got an odd email from BA in regards to a flight to MAD in a couple of weeks saying: "We wanted to let you know that your flight will now be temporarily arriving/departing out of Terminal 4 at Madrid Barajas Airport."
Old Jul 14, 2020, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by jotaele
Just got an odd email from BA in regards to a flight to MAD in a couple of weeks saying: "We wanted to let you know that your flight will now be temporarily arriving/departing out of Terminal 4 at Madrid Barajas Airport."
I actually see this as a bonus. I find the 4-4S or 4S-4 experience a real ****ache. I like the passport check at the far end of the H gates in T4 under normal circumstances. I have no idea how heavily this area will be utilised with other non EU departures at this time which might make it busier than usual.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
I actually see this as a bonus. I find the 4-4S or 4S-4 experience a real ****ache. I like the passport check at the far end of the H gates in T4 under normal circumstances. I have no idea how heavily this area will be utilised with other non EU departures at this time which might make it busier than usual.
Of course! Landing in T4 instead of T4S means that I can be in a taxi heading to the city center in 5min after disembarking rather than 25min. Madrid airport is pretty much dead at the moment so don't expect this area to be busy at all.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Gold
Just received an email from BA “We would like to confirm that your flight BA460 to Madrid Barajas on 01 August 2020 will now arrive at Madrid Terminal 4S, and not Terminal 4 as previously advised.”

Looks like T4S is reopening. Would have preferred T4 as it’s so much quicker on arrival
samfrost93 and KARFA like this.
Old Jul 25, 2020, 1:52 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by speedbird85
Just received an email from BA “We would like to confirm that your flight BA460 to Madrid Barajas on 01 August 2020 will now arrive at Madrid Terminal 4S, and not Terminal 4 as previously advised.”

Looks like T4S is reopening. Would have preferred T4 as it’s so much quicker on arrival
Yup, I had that email too. Quite surprised, can’t imagine its busy enough to warrant opening T4S...
Old Jul 26, 2020, 5:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Non-Schengen T4 has been getting quite busy at times, around 3-4pm, with many flights leaving around the same time. They’ve been having to use buses quite a bit, which isn’t ideal.

Think DXB, DOH, LHR, MIA, JFK, and a few others depending on the day, all around the same time.
samfrost93 likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.