Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Disappointed with BA32 F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 7:53 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by Andriyko
...I wish you would understand that comparing one's experiences does not amount to saying that if one airline can do something, another airline should be able to do it as well...
If we refer to specifics, rather than general concepts, it might help us understand each other's points of view better.

Below is the government guidance which underpins the apparent difference of opinion:

If British Airways served a good quality meal, served with the covers on but on china (I know the Club starters/desserts have a plastic cover on that's removed prior to serving, this could be left on, equally the Club casserole main course dishes could have their foil wrapping left on) and all in one pass on the one tray, which part of the guidance above would be contravened?

Or is there another operational constraint I am missing? Genuine question.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:11 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
This is exactly what I am talking about. I wish you could share with us how you came to that knowledge. Although I believe you already gave an answer by saying that one did not need to know the ins and outs in order to state something as a fact.

P.S. Perhaps it's time to stop? You're obviously unwilling to hear what I want to say. I made my point and you made yours. I won't comment on that particular meal and say whether it's atrocious or not. But if you think that saying something with no knowledge on the subject is stating facts then we'll just have to disagree.
I have shared it before ( not only me, but other members) and I really don’t like repeating myself. I will do it once more very briefly. First of all, these are guidelines. There isn’t a law or something similar. You can call them suggestions, recommendations etc but BA does not break any laws if decides not to follow them. Secondly, the guidelines do not mention anything about the QUALITY or QUANTITY of the meals. From the OP’s photos it seems like both are running low... Thirdly, BA has decided to ignore guidelines from the same exactly document when it comes to passengers not facing each other while seated, seat allocation etc. obviously the implementation of the later will cost BA money but the implementation of the former will save BA money. Amazing right? Following health and safety guidelines only when suits them. Last, I don’t understand your last personal comment? Stop what exactly? You expressed your opinion ( surprisingly once again to defend BA) and I expressed mine. I don’t see anything sinister or wrong with both of our opinions.
choosethedrew and ENTP like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:41 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by ermis177
I have shared it before ( not only me, but other members) and I really don’t like repeating myself. I will do it once more very briefly. First of all, these are guidelines. There isn’t a law or something similar. You can call them suggestions, recommendations etc but BA does not break any laws if decides not to follow them. Secondly, the guidelines do not mention anything about the QUALITY or QUANTITY of the meals. From the OP’s photos it seems like both are running low... Thirdly, BA has decided to ignore guidelines from the same exactly document when it comes to passengers not facing each other while seated, seat allocation etc. obviously the implementation of the later will cost BA money but the implementation of the former will save BA money. Amazing right? Following health and safety guidelines only when suits them. Last, I don’t understand your last personal comment? Stop what exactly? You expressed your opinion ( surprisingly once again to defend BA) and I expressed mine. I don’t see anything sinister or wrong with both of our opinions.
First of all, I am not defending BA. Second of all, yes, you have mentioned the guidelines and the seats many times in various threads, however, that was not my question. What knowledge do you have to assert that BA is able to do better/more but refuses to in order to save money hiding behind the health and safety regulations? Is it plainly that some other airlines offer something better? Do you know for sure that there are no supply issues or some other logistical problems or constraints that are not in plain sight? So far, the only thing that I saw in support of the BA-is-able-to-do-better 'fact' were the pictures of meals on other airlines, however, I don't understand their relevancy here. Some airlines stopped serving any food or drinks on some flights, some serve food in boxes same as BA does. I assume that each of them is facing their own (or maybe common?) issues. You and some others in this thread assert that BA's only issue is its cheapness. Apart from it being your deeply held belief, how do you know that?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
Or is there another operational constraint I am missing? Genuine question.
Haven't the foggiest. However maybe like here the unions have a say in all of this too?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:55 am
Suspended

...that BA's only issue is its cheapness. Apart from it being your deeply held belief, how do you know that?
Was AC at AA when the one olive was removed from the salad on more than a few flights saving $$$$s? If he was or wasn’t, it’s in his business DNA.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:03 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Haven't the foggiest. However maybe like here the unions have a say in all of this too?
That could be a consideration, but would a higher-quality meal served on plates result in a higher risk of transmission?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:11 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by choosethedrew
That could be a consideration, but would a higher-quality meal served on plates result in a higher risk of transmission?
Unions always make a meal of something.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Unions always make a meal of something.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
P.S. Perhaps it's time to stop?
It's time to stop. Handbags in the overhead, please.
Andriyko and wrp96 like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 9:35 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
First of all, I am not defending BA. Second of all, yes, you have mentioned the guidelines and the seats many times in various threads, however, that was not my question. What knowledge do you have to assert that BA is able to do better/more but refuses to in order to save money hiding behind the health and safety regulations? Is it plainly that some other airlines offer something better? Do you know for sure that there are no supply issues or some other logistical problems or constraints that are not in plain sight? So far, the only thing that I saw in support of the BA-is-able-to-do-better 'fact' were the pictures of meals on other airlines, however, I don't understand their relevancy here. Some airlines stopped serving any food or drinks on some flights, some serve food in boxes same as BA does. I assume that each of them is facing their own (or maybe common?) issues. You and some others in this thread assert that BA's only issue is its cheapness. Apart from it being your deeply held belief, how do you know that?
I know that for a few reasons.It’s a combination of general knowledge, experience and also internal knowledge that I am not in a position to discuss. I will leave it here. I hope the OP write to CS including the photos. It would be interesting to know if they manage to get some sort of compensation.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.