Wiki Posts
Search

Current F experience

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Current F experience

I was wondering if anyone had guidance on BA's current F service and amenities. I have read here and elsewhere about the changes to lounge availability and the inflight catering, but I was wondering about amenity kits, PJs, and headsets. I am assuming that the first two may not be on offer; I note from AC that in the case of headsets they are only providing earbuds instead of the normal headsets offered in J.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Not looking at anything 'current', as my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
I read that PJs etc are still being offered. Currently interested to know more as considering UUA for my next trip.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond
The latest update I’ve seen for the onboard product and service offering, is dated mid June. In F the following are available
  • Amenity Kit
  • Loungewear/Slippers
  • Bars & Alcohol
  • Ice
  • Soft furnishings

Food offering is as per the latest advice on the website (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options available). Menu cards, inflight retail, special meals, newspapers/magazines and hot towels are still not offered.

The flights I’ve operated throughout this have always had the F headsets available.
Tobias-UK, PETER01 and pcoll like this.

Last edited by Boeing77W; Jul 6, 2020 at 8:45 am
Old Jul 6, 2020, 9:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by stuvoi
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Not looking at anything 'current', as my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then
I hope to God everything's back to normal by then. If not, then the quality of the BA F product will be the last thing you'll have to worry about.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by JTXC
but I was wondering about amenity kits, PJs, and headsets. I am assuming that the first two may not be on offer;
Why would amenity kits and pyjamas not be offered? They are precisely the items that are new for each individual customer and for them to take with them.

If anything the "risky" items with most airlines are blankets, pillows, and headsets as those are the items which are normally cleaned and then given to another customer on a following trip. Anything which is not collected by the airline at the end of the trip should not be an issue at all.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
This information is available at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...d-faqs#onboard

Pillows, blankets, duvets, amenity kits, PJs are all available (and I assume the same goes for mattress pads and slippers).

The only thing I don't know about is the Meridian headphones, but I'd imagine they are still being provided.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Everything is offered, including earphones.
Will tell of my July 2 experience later, but food/wine was a catastrophe
Old Jul 6, 2020, 1:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I hope to God everything's back to normal by then. If not, then the quality of the BA F product will be the last thing you'll have to worry about.
I think this year I have just gotten used to worrying about everything
Old Jul 6, 2020, 2:09 pm

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
As my last BA 'First' experience pre-COVID in January scored a very generous 4/10 - deficient in just about every respect imaginable - I really would not worry too much about it. If it's a bed you need, fly CS (if you are lucky) or CW. Save your money or miles - or fly another airline. I hate to kick a man when he is down, but unless BA really sticks a rocket under this product I would forget about BA F. Particularly if you are a cash buyer, look elsewhere. Sorry not to be more helpful.
haroon145 and PaulJWoodgate like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 3:02 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by stuvoi
...my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then
I think you might be in the wrong airline’s thread?
LondonCanuck and Delboy65 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.