FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Current F experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/2021084-current-f-experience.html)

JTXC Jul 6, 2020 7:20 am

Current F experience

I was wondering if anyone had guidance on BA's current F service and amenities. I have read here and elsewhere about the changes to lounge availability and the inflight catering, but I was wondering about amenity kits, PJs, and headsets. I am assuming that the first two may not be on offer; I note from AC that in the case of headsets they are only providing earbuds instead of the normal headsets offered in J.

stuvoi Jul 6, 2020 8:13 am

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Not looking at anything 'current', as my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then :)

TTmex Jul 6, 2020 8:37 am

I read that PJs etc are still being offered. Currently interested to know more as considering UUA for my next trip.

Boeing77W Jul 6, 2020 8:40 am

The latest update I’ve seen for the onboard product and service offering, is dated mid June. In F the following are available
  • Amenity Kit
  • Loungewear/Slippers
  • Bars & Alcohol
  • Ice
  • Soft furnishings

Food offering is as per the latest advice on the website (vegetarian and non-vegetarian options available). Menu cards, inflight retail, special meals, newspapers/magazines and hot towels are still not offered.

The flights I’ve operated throughout this have always had the F headsets available.

HIDDY Jul 6, 2020 9:51 am

Originally Posted by stuvoi (Post 32511564)
I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. Not looking at anything 'current', as my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then :)

I hope to God everything's back to normal by then. If not, then the quality of the BA F product will be the last thing you'll have to worry about. :D

orbitmic Jul 6, 2020 11:50 am

Originally Posted by JTXC (Post 32511441)
but I was wondering about amenity kits, PJs, and headsets. I am assuming that the first two may not be on offer;

Why would amenity kits and pyjamas not be offered? They are precisely the items that are new for each individual customer and for them to take with them.

If anything the "risky" items with most airlines are blankets, pillows, and headsets as those are the items which are normally cleaned and then given to another customer on a following trip. Anything which is not collected by the airline at the end of the trip should not be an issue at all.

Genius1 Jul 6, 2020 1:11 pm

This information is available at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...d-faqs#onboard

Pillows, blankets, duvets, amenity kits, PJs are all available (and I assume the same goes for mattress pads and slippers).

The only thing I don't know about is the Meridian headphones, but I'd imagine they are still being provided.

brunos Jul 6, 2020 1:13 pm

Everything is offered, including earphones.
Will tell of my July 2 experience later, but food/wine was a catastrophe

stuvoi Jul 6, 2020 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by HIDDY (Post 32511764)
I hope to God everything's back to normal by then. If not, then the quality of the BA F product will be the last thing you'll have to worry about. :D

I think this year I have just gotten used to worrying about everything :)

Betteronacamel Jul 6, 2020 2:09 pm

As my last BA 'First' experience pre-COVID in January scored a very generous 4/10 - deficient in just about every respect imaginable - I really would not worry too much about it. If it's a bed you need, fly CS (if you are lucky) or CW. Save your money or miles - or fly another airline. I hate to kick a man when he is down, but unless BA really sticks a rocket under this product I would forget about BA F. Particularly if you are a cash buyer, look elsewhere. Sorry not to be more helpful.

vantage03 Jul 6, 2020 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by stuvoi (Post 32511564)
...my next First flight is in April next year, so hoping for something resembling amazing by then :)

I think you might be in the wrong airline’s thread?