Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Rebooking cancelled flight fare restrictions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:20 am
Original Poster

My BA booked Iberia flights have been cancelled. When I called BA to try to re-book, they advised that I can only re-book within one year of my booking date for the same fare (otherwise fare difference would apply). Apparently this is in the conditions of carriage.

Anyone else experienced something similar? If so, is there a way to re-book without paying the fare difference beyond the one year limit?

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Traveller91
My BA booked Iberia flights have been cancelled. When I called BA to try to re-book, they advised that I can only re-book within one year of my booking date for the same fare (otherwise fare difference would apply). Apparently this is in the conditions of carriage.

Anyone else experienced something similar? If so, is there a way to re-book without paying the fare difference beyond the one year limit?

Thanks in advance!
Yep. It's true. 1 year limit of original booking date. Had the same last week. Check the rebooking thread for some good tips
Old Jul 2, 2020, 8:54 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
This is among the most "liberal" rebooking policies in the industry. However, if one is looking at rebooking for more than a year out, there is little value in anything other than a refund as the total price of the new ticket will be the refund + / - fare difference in any event. Changes in service might well mean that another carrier or routing is better anyway and one won't know that for a good 9-10 months.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TTmex
Yep. It's true. 1 year limit of original booking date. Had the same last week. Check the rebooking thread for some good tips
Thanks!
TTmex likes this.
Old Jul 2, 2020, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Often1
This is among the most "liberal" rebooking policies in the industry. However, if one is looking at rebooking for more than a year out, there is little value in anything other than a refund as the total price of the new ticket will be the refund + / - fare difference in any event. Changes in service might well mean that another carrier or routing is better anyway and one won't know that for a good 9-10 months.
Noted, thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.