Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

September 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Scotflyer80
BA have in the last week made a number of adjustments to their schedule for the month of September.

London Heathrow Longhaul

Updated: 27 August (05:30)

Abuja - Daily (from 16SEP)
16SEP & 17SEP - 777-200ER (4 Class)
18SEP to 30SEP - 777-200ER (3 Class with CW suite)

Accra - Daily (3 Class) 777-200ER (from 04SEP)
Bahrain - 3 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER (from 18SEP)
Bangalore - 4 x Weekly A350-1000XWB
Boston - Daily A350-1000XWB
Cairo - 3 x Weekly 787-9
Chicago - Daily A350-1000XWB
Dallas - Daily 787-10
Delhi - Daily 787-9
Dubai - Daily A350-1000XWB
Grand Cayman - (3 Class) 777-200ER (operates 17SEP only )
Hong Kong - Daily 777-300ER
Islamabad - 5 x Weekly 787-8
Kuwait - 3 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Lagos - Daily (4 Class) 777-200ER
Los Angeles - Daily 787-9
Miami - Daily 787-9
Moscow DME - 3 x Weekly 787-8
Mumbai - 5 x Weekly 777-300ER
Nairobi - 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
New York (JFK) - 2 x Daily (4 Class). 777-200ER
Riyadh - 4 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
San Francisco - Daily 777-300ER
Săo Paulo - Daily 787-9
Seattle - 3 x Weekly 787-10
Seychelles - 2 x Weekly 787-9 (from 16SEP)
Shanghai - 2 x Weekly 777-300ER
Singapore - 4 x Weekly 777-300ER
Tel Aviv - 3 x Weekly A350-1000XWB
Toronto - Daily 787-8
Washington - Daily A350-1000XWB

London Gatwick Longhaul

Updated: 27 August (06:00)

Antigua - 2 x Weekly (3 Class) 777-200ER
Barbados - 3 to 4 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Bermuda - 5 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER
Kingston - 3 x Weekly (3 Class) 777-200ER
St Lucia - 2 x Weekly (4 Class) 777-200ER

London City

Updated: 27 August (06:15)

Belfast City - 5 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Berlin - 5 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Dublin - 5 x Weekly
Edinburgh - 6 x Weekly
Faro - 4 x Weekly
Florence - 13 x Weekly
Frankfurt - 4 x Weekly (from 07SEP)
Glasgow - 6 x Weekly
Ibiza - 7 x Weekly
Zürich - 4 x Weekly (from 07SEP)

Further changes are highly likely between now and the start of September
Print Wikipost

September 2020 flight cancellations and operational changes

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, PR Elite, Avis Preferred Plus, PC Diamond Ambassador
MAN slashed to 2 rotations a day for September

Originally Posted by KARFA
MAN slashed to 2 rotations a day for September.
Yes and both in the morning rendering the sale tickets I bought to IBZ ex MAN Sep 21 to 24 useless without an overnight stay in London!

What is exceedingly irritating is this voucher only online cancellation option.

I just tried to call the Gold Line and got cut off three times.

I'm going to write to them to cancel and issue them an invoice for my offline service fee.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:23 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Exactly! Our BA Holliday to Dubai in September is still on, as the 1 of the usual 3 flights remaining on that route was ours anyhow! However our MAN feeders have scuppered us the past months and they haven’t yet started decimating the 6 daily domestic flights yet. I expect this to happen imminently for September, and we can then go and pick another Holiday we hope! We’re a bit dubious about Ultra All Inclusive to Dubai at the moment anyhow!
Yep! That’s my Dubai holiday gone now, another month of only 2 morning flights on the MAN route, so it’s nay on impossible to connect to/from anything!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Modo
Yes and both in the morning rendering the sale tickets I bought to IBZ ex MAN Sep 21 to 24 useless without an overnight stay in London!

What is exceedingly irritating is this voucher only online cancellation option.

I just tried to call the Gold Line and got cut off three times.

I'm going to write to them to cancel and issue them an invoice for my offline service fee.
try again later, or just give it a day or so and try again, there are a lot of short haul cancellations going out atm.

unless you have nothing better to do i wouldn't waste your time sending them invoices.
T8191 and ENTP like this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 8:52 am

Programs: BA
I have just had my Venice - London City cancelled for mid September, the outbound from Heathrow is still there though. Its actually handy as hoping to extend trip by a few days anyway as long as some flights still run, planned USA trip in Sept / Oct won't happen now so sticking with Europe.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:29 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
Originally Posted by Delboy65
Presume that will disrupt over flights as well?
If French ATC decide to go along with it, then yes quite likely
Delboy65 likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 9:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
Well as a reward flight your worst case scenario is you just cancel the booking under standard reward booking conditions and get everything back minus a Ł35 per person cancellation fee/

Alternatively if any flight gets cancelled you can call to cancel and get a full refund with no fees paid.

Also it is possible book with confidence & future travel vouchers are extended in some form in to September so that may be an option.
Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Thanks for this KARFA. Have now been advised that my LHR-ABZ flight has been cancelled which effectively allows me to cancel the whole booking without charge. I also have a hotel and car hire booked separately through BA as our flights were booked using a 2-4-1 and Avios. Has anyone any experience of the stance BA are taking for refunds on these when they cancel a flight. The hotel booking was non-cancellable but offered 15 Avios per Ł spent whereas the car hire through Avis states that a fee of 25% is chargeable on cancellation.
Just an update to let you know the outcome from the above. 2-4-1, Avios and taxes fully refunded - avios and voucher back in my account and taxes returned within 2 - 3 weeks. Then passed on to BA Holidays where hotel costs fully refunded without any problem and confirmed by e-mail. Then passed to someone else in BA Holidays to deal with car hire refund. After much discussion with BA Rep. and then her Manager they would not budge from advising that I could get a voucher for the full amount but if I wanted a cash refund there would be a 20% charge / fee. Reason given was that the car hire was regarded as a separate booking as it was not booked within 24 hours of the flight booking. Advised Manager that the BA Rep. who made the original flight booking had pro-aactively offered these other services but at no time did they stipulate that cancellation fees would apply if not booked within 24 hours of flight booking in the event of the flights being cancelled. To end it all the Manager than advised me that if I waited until 18th August (2 weeks before date of cancelled flights) and restrictions on UK citizens entering the USA still applied then BA would be in a position to apply a full cash refund at that time. Other than that I am stuck with a voucher with an expiry date of April 2022 if not used.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:21 am

Originally Posted by charlesrhona
Just an update to let you know the outcome from the above. 2-4-1, Avios and taxes fully refunded - avios and voucher back in my account and taxes returned within 2 - 3 weeks. Then passed on to BA Holidays where hotel costs fully refunded without any problem and confirmed by e-mail. Then passed to someone else in BA Holidays to deal with car hire refund. After much discussion with BA Rep. and then her Manager they would not budge from advising that I could get a voucher for the full amount but if I wanted a cash refund there would be a 20% charge / fee. Reason given was that the car hire was regarded as a separate booking as it was not booked within 24 hours of the flight booking. Advised Manager that the BA Rep. who made the original flight booking had pro-aactively offered these other services but at no time did they stipulate that cancellation fees would apply if not booked within 24 hours of flight booking in the event of the flights being cancelled. To end it all the Manager than advised me that if I waited until 18th August (2 weeks before date of cancelled flights) and restrictions on UK citizens entering the USA still applied then BA would be in a position to apply a full cash refund at that time. Other than that I am stuck with a voucher with an expiry date of April 2022 if not used.
Yes so this does sound correct. There is no such thing as a package BA Holidays booking where the flights are booked using avios. BA Holiday where you book flights, hotel and/or car as one package are usually only available for revenue bookings. Therefore these separate elements of a flight, hotel, and car stand and fall on their own and may have different cancellation provisions.
T8191 likes this.

Last edited by KARFA; Jul 23, 2020 at 10:40 am
Old Jul 23, 2020, 10:39 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
3 and 4PM EDI-LHR on 9/4 have been canceled. I was in the process of rebooking from BA1147 to the 3PM flight while that got axed as well. It looks like BA1459 leaving 18:45 from EDI might be next since it’s zeroed out.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Yes so this does sound correct. There is no such thing as a package BA Holidays booking where the flights are booked using avios. BA Holiday where you book flights, hotel and/or car as one package are usually only available for revenue bookings. Therefore these separate elements of a flight, hotel, and car stand and fall on their own and may have different cancellation provisions.
Yes, I understand where BA are coming from here and perhaps I am being pedantic. The agent who took my original 2-4-1 / Avios booking pro-actively offered the services for hotel bookings and car hire. On saying I was interested she transferred me to another person but at no time mentioned that I was dealing with BA Holidays as opposed to BA. I then made the hotel booking but indicated I would wait regarding booking car hire. The agent stated I could do this any time. It is clear from what I have been told today that if additional services are booked within 24 hours of the flight booking and the flight is subsequently cancelled then these will also be refunded in full. However book after 24 hours (my car hire booking was some 3.5 months later) and these are deemed a separate contract and subject to cancellation fees. This should have been advised at the time of the original flight booking. I genuinely believed that I was always dealing with BA as opposed to the services being offered by BA Holidays. Another interesting quote from the Manager I spoke to was that currently his ability to be flexible in such circumstances has been removed!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 1:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold. EI GoldCircle
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Yep! That’s my Dubai holiday gone now, another month of only 2 morning flights on the MAN route, so it’s nay on impossible to connect to/from anything!
So on Tuesday BA cancelled the BA104 DXB-LHR and then cancelled the whole trip a few A few hours later.
80 mins of holding I get through to a very help agent. Rebooks me on the 108 a few hours earlier and I add 2 days no charge except the hotel... happy days.

today another email, both my MAN-LHR-LHR feeders are cancelled....

now how to get around this one. Was thinking AUH to LHR but that’s cancelled now too. Any suggestions... might actually be train back up north.

MAN-DOH-DXB would be a good alternative!!
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:05 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
3 and 4PM EDI-LHR on 9/4 have been canceled. I was in the process of rebooking from BA1147 to the 3PM flight while that got axed as well. It looks like BA1459 leaving 18:45 from EDI might be next since it’s zeroed out.
When I booked for September I picked the 17:30 flight down as that looks like its the only afternoon one that might survive the cull..
Old Jul 23, 2020, 2:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
BA 1452 LHR-EDI on 14/9 now cancelled, was last leg for a weekend in Madrid. Quite happy with this will go for a refund.
Now just waiting for EDI-LGW-CUN return on 30/9 to be cancelled, hopefully. The Grand at the Moon Palace can wait until another time. That would be all travel for this year gone.
Nashville in May and Berlin in March were previous casualties.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by HarryBA
MAN-DOH-DXB would be a good alternative!!
I thought flights between Qatar and the UAE were still banned? Did I miss them reopening?
Modo likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:08 pm

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Had a BA CE flight LHR to Helsinki
booked for 26/9 back on 28/9

This was cancelled way back in March/april
But got switched over to Finair 😁

Now I know its 8 weeks away, but according to FCO website although we seem to be able to fly there. It seems at the moment Finland wouldn't let us in

Do I just hang on and see if the situation changes
Or best to contact BA holidays and see about our her /refund options?
Old Jul 23, 2020, 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Fatdickie
Had a BA CE flight LHR to Helsinki
booked for 26/9 back on 28/9

This was cancelled way back in March/april
But got switched over to Finair 😁

Now I know its 8 weeks away, but according to FCO website although we seem to be able to fly there. It seems at the moment Finland wouldn't let us in

Do I just hang on and see if the situation changes
Or best to contact BA holidays and see about our her /refund options?
I think wait for now, there is some possibility of review in August I believe. However if the situation remains the same an FTV may be your only option.
ENTP likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.