Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Inability to re-book cancelled flights

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Inability to re-book cancelled flights

We've unsurprisingly had a flight to Naples cancelled next week so I've attempted to change the departure and return dates for August rather than cancel. In doing so the BA website says that there is nothing available on the date of departure although if I try to book new flights there is availability. Timing may be all and I could be a little premature in trying to amend the dates (and too optimistic) so any thoughts would be welcome. The new flights are considerably more expensive than the cancelled ones so I'm hoping that this isn't a deliberate ploy by BA notwithstanding that I understand that they are a commercial enterprise.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:44 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
It's possible BA MMB is only looking for flights where the same sales classes are available and therefore not showing you all available flights. If the flights you want to change to are showing as available when doing a dummy new booking but not showing showing when trying to change through the disruption screen, I think your only option would be to call to rebook.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:48 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Without checking, I assume NAP flights have been switched from LGW to LHR, and the flight numbers may have switched too. I guess BA.com would let you move to a LGW-NAP flight beyond the current airport switch, but the near-term flights from LHR probably don’t come up automatically. I would therefore think you’ll be ok if you phone to have it done manually.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 6:57 am

Programs: OW
Is it still the case that you can change a cancelled reward booking to a future date (within 355 days of ticketing date) if there are cash but no reward seats on the future date? I was pretty sure this was the case per the 28 Apr Covid update but am being told "No". I've done this before, but just not in the last couple of weeks. Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by eh220160
Is it still the case that you can change a cancelled reward booking to a future date (within 355 days of ticketing date) if there are cash but no reward seats on the future date? I was pretty sure this was the case per the 28 Apr Covid update but am being told "No". I've done this before, but just not in the last couple of weeks. Thanks!
Yes it is still the case. For a BA reward booking on a BA flight, if a flight is cancelled you can move the booking to another date within ticket validity and you do not need reward space, any space in the same cabin will do. This only works for BA metal though, so not reward bookings on other carriers. It is only for the same routing as well.

The relevant guidelines now are under Update 4 from 21 May, and apply for any of the cancellation codes COMN, OPEN and COVN https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8166
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:07 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I experienced something similar a few days ago. I had a VIE return booked for July. Indeed, it had originally been booked for April, then re-booked at least three times through May and June, but given the nature of the trip I am able to easily keep re-booking, which I did.

Anyway fast forward to last week and I received yet another cancellation notice, but this time I was unable to re-book on MMB and was instead directed to call BA, which I did. I was then moved on to a flight the following day- I must say that the call and the re-booking all went very quickly and easily, and I did not have to hold at all- not sure if I am just lucky or whether they have got their act together, but credit where it is due. I can't shed any particular light on why I had to call rather than being given the opportunity to re-book myself on MMB, but I can say that the OP's situation is not unique.
Old Jun 30, 2020, 7:12 am

Programs: OW
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes it is still the case. For a BA reward booking on a BA flight, if a flight is cancelled you can move the booking to another date within ticket validity and you do not need reward space, any space in the same cabin will do. This only works for BA metal though, so not reward bookings on other carriers. It is only for the same routing as well.

The relevant guidelines now are under Update 4 from 21 May, and apply for any of the cancellation codes COMN, OPEN and COVN https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...kba?faqid=8166
Thank you ever so much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.