Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

650 TPs and two eligible sectors: upgrade to silver card?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:14 am
Original Poster

In my current TP collection year, I have earned 650 tier points and two eligible sectors. I therefore have the bronze card but not the silver card, since that requires an additional two eligible sectors.

My TP collection year ends in October. Note that I had a long-haul round-trip in J (selling class I or R) bought and ticketed for April. This was cancelled by American, the operator. Note that these flights had BA flight numbers, so would have counted as eligible sectors. As such, if it was not for the operator's cancellation and refund on account of Covid-19, I would have earned the full four eligible sectors. It is true that I did not rearrange these flights. I have a copy of the ticket (pre-cancellation) and was worth Ł4k.

Given all of the above, is there any prospect of BA upgrading my account to the silver card as it stands now, ie without earning an additional two eligible sectors? Or is it a waste for me to call (it's hard to get through) and I will have to either earn these sectors or stay at bronze (with 650 TPs)?
Old Jun 30, 2020, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC
There is an extensive thread for your question, which may help.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...12-months.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.