Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which Contact office open at 1am UK time?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2020, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Which Contact office open at 1am UK time?

We have just tried to do a "dummy" phone call to the Japan Office to add our inbound flights on a 2-4-1 voucher for June 2021. However the message states that they are not open at weekends. Does anyone know the best number to call so that we can do this tomorrow, 28th at 01.00 UK time. (355 days).
Many thanks.
Old Jun 27, 2020, 10:28 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
Hong Kong might be worth a try!
Old Jun 28, 2020, 2:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Do you have enough Avios to book two inbound on line without the hassle of calling - and then the following morning apply the voucher and receive refund of half points?

Details in the main thread BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
redrose59 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Its a toss up between phone and online bookings, both of which are possible, but it can make a big difference to the taxes as booking the return online remains as 2 separate bookings with (generally) higher total taxes to/from USA and lower to/from the far east. If it is a really popular route you can even be pipped at the post trying to do it online by an agent, who has bagged the seats as soon as they appear, for a telephone customer. We lost our 'dream seats' between selecting and paying online on a weekend return from the Seychelles.

I've done it successfully via the USA number but that can close right at 01:00 UK time. As an anecdote, I once called the US from South Africa but the agent could not yet see the seats and eventually we gave up. The following morning I called UK, expecting them to have gone, to find they had somehow been reserved for me and we completed the booking and payment at that stage - I didn't know that was possible or permissible but I didn't complain!

Notwithstanding, I understand that the call centres are either on reduced manning or reduced hours at the moment so it might all be a bit more difficult under the current restrictions.

Best of luck - or maybe, hope it went well, if you meant 01:00 this morning!?
redrose59 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 4:58 am

I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago - needed to book the return of a 2 for 1 on a Saturday. I phoned the USA number (1-877-767-7970) using Skype - think I subsequently got transferred to India but all successfully accomplished in less than 10 minutes. Called at 00:50 to be ready for seat release at 01:00.
vintagepilot and redrose59 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 8:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Bronze, LH M&M
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Do you have enough Avios to book two inbound on line without the hassle of calling - and then the following morning apply the voucher and receive refund of half points?

Details in the main thread BA American Express 2-4-1 Voucher Discussion
Thanks Mikeyfly, this is what we did in the end. Had a bit of a panic last night as we have always rung up in the past but this worked well and this morning we called up to get the inbound added on and points refunded. I had read the main thread link but was a bit concerned that "rules" may have changed due to Covid19. All went fine and we can now look forward to our recheduled trip to Namibia and Botswana next year. Just have to add the LHR to ABZ leg tomorrow. Oh and catch up on some sleep, 1am is way past my bedtime lol.

Thanks to everyone else who responded.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 10:17 am

Programs: Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Gold, BA Silver, Hertz President's Club
I used the US number mentioned above at just after 1am UK time. There was *zero* waiting, not even a dial tone, and I was connected through.

Hope everyone else will get as lucky as I did!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.