Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Italy specific requirements at T5

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Does anyone know if for BA T5 to Italy flights, larger hand luggage still needs to be checked in? I thought I read somewhere that use of the overhead lockers was restricted, based on some Italian rules and regulations?
Thanks!
BA0558 likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Does anyone know if for BA T5 to Italy flights, larger hand luggage still needs to be checked in? I thought I read somewhere that use of the overhead lockers was restricted, based on some Italian rules and regulations?
Thanks!
Not anymore don't worry.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:52 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Thanks!
that was the case for all hand baggage for about a week or so in July, but it is no longer the case. No issues for carry on bags for Italy atm.

i think only Turkey has a restriction atm where wheely bags must be checked.
EDDLEGLL likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 1:54 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
More details about that brief period in posts 51, 63 and thereafter, upthread.
Old Oct 1, 2020, 2:08 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
More details about that brief period in posts 51, 63 and thereafter, upthread.
Amazing, thank you all for your prompt and helpful responses and apologies for not searching properly.

We’ve spent about 2 hours on the phone to BA to (successfully) change our upcoming weekend trip from a now no longer exempt destination to Italy. Given the circumstances, I really feel that BA are doing all they can to provide excellent customer service, thumbs up!
Old Oct 3, 2020, 9:27 am

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone have any recent experience of travelling to Palermo (or elsewhere in Sicily) with BA? What I'm slightly puzzled about is whether a swab test is required for arrivals from the UK. According to Coronavirus disease. Info about the current situation in Sicily | Visit Sicily
all travellers coming from foreign countries will undergo to the rapid swab test directly upon their arrival in Sicily

But what I think is the official guidance says that tests are required only for arrivals from a number of specific countries, of which the UK isn't one: see
https://www.costruiresalute.it/?q=coronavirus-sicilia . Any recent reports would be appreciated!
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:42 am

There's no need for testing from the UK (yet). I was in Sicily a few weeks ago and all was OK.

By the way, word of caution for those of you wanting to visit NW Italy: conditions are particularly crappy right now, some areas have received amounts of rain unseen in more than a century; the Po river has risen 3 metres in a day and quite a few valleys in Piedmont, Lombardy and Val d'Aosta are cut off.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 1:57 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by 13901
There's no need for testing from the UK (yet). I was in Sicily a few weeks ago and all was OK.

By the way, word of caution for those of you wanting to visit NW Italy: conditions are particularly crappy right now, some areas have received amounts of rain unseen in more than a century; the Po river has risen 3 metres in a day and quite a few valleys in Piedmont, Lombardy and Val d'Aosta are cut off.
I'm here at the moment and it seems to be OK around the Turin-Genoa corridor. Friday night was bad though, lots of damage along the Ligurian coast at Santa Margherita / Rapallo / Recco etc.
13901 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.