Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA B787 operating selected shorthaul flights from July 2020

BA B787 operating selected shorthaul flights from July 2020

    Hide Wikipost
Old Sep 19, 20, 10:32 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: wilsnunn
Wiki Link
October 2020 BA Boeing 787 short haul flights:

Madrid:
BA458 LHR-MAD Dep: 7:20am Arr: 10:50am M,Th 01/10/20 15/10/20
BA458 LHR-MAD Dep: 7:20am Arr: 10:50am M,Th,Sa 17/10/20 24/10/20

Amsterdam:
BA430 LHR-AMS Dep: 8:20am Arr: 10:40am W,Th 01/10/20 14/10/20
BA430 LHR-AMS Dep: 8:20am Arr: 10:40am W 21/10/20 21/10/20

Zurich:
BA712 LHR-ZRH Dep: 9:25am Arr: 12:20pm Th,Sa 01/10/20 24/10/20

Larnaca:
BA662 LHR-LCA Dep: 11:15am Arr: 5:55pm Th 01/10/20 22/10/20

Athens:
BA632 LHR-ATH Dep: 12:40pm Arr: 6:25pm F 02/10/20 23/10/20
Print Wikipost

Old Jun 25, 20, 9:27 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Programs: BAEC Gold
Posts: 102
BA B787 operating selected shorthaul flights from July 2020

Not sure it this has been posted anywhere else:

Fly a British Airways Boeing 787 in First to Amsterdam! If you’ve never flown British Airways Club World (not Club Suite, unfortunately) then now is your cheapest ever opportunity. You may even be able to try First Class! British Airways is rostering a Boeing 787 on the Amsterdam route for the next few weeks.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...cessing-times/
BAeuro likes this.
Workie Ticket is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:45 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by Workie Ticket View Post
Not sure it this has been posted anywhere else:

Fly a British Airways Boeing 787 in First to Amsterdam! If you’ve never flown British Airways Club World (not Club Suite, unfortunately) then now is your cheapest ever opportunity. You may even be able to try First Class! British Airways is rostering a Boeing 787 on the Amsterdam route for the next few weeks.

https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...cessing-times/
A good opportunity but will we be allowed in and will we have to quarantine?

It’s a shame you can’t book a B2B in one ticket, even though the turnaround is 90mins.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:47 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,154
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
A good opportunity but will we be allowed in and will we have to quarantine?
I think the odds for Netherlands would be yes you would be able to by July.
mikeyfly, ENTP and BAeuro like this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:49 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
I think the odds for Netherlands would be yes you would be able to by July.
Any tips on how to do a B2B on one ticket, or do I have to suck it up and book 2 singles?
BAeuro is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 9:51 am
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,154
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
Any tips on how to do a B2B on one ticket, or do I have to suck it up and book 2 singles?
It was possible up to last year to do it on one ticket. I don't think you can now. MCT for BA-BA at AMS seems to have changed in the last few months to 2 hours.

STANDARD.D/D...D/I...I/D...I/I.
ONLINE .25 .50 .50 .50
OFFLINE .25 .50 .50 .50
** OR * ARE ALL
**-BA II 2.00
BA-** II 2.00 REGION EUR - REGION EUR
BA-** II 2.00 REGION EUR - ALL
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:03 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
It was possible up to last year to do it on one ticket. I don't think you can now. MCT for BA-BA at AMS seems to have changed in the last few months to 2 hours.
So would it be okay to do it in 2 separate tickets or would I still need to meet MCT?
BAeuro is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:04 am
  #7  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Leeds, UK
Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Posts: 30,154
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
So would it be okay to do it in 2 separate tickets or would I still need to meet MCT?
two separate tickets is fine
BAeuro likes this.
KARFA is online now  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:13 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,014
Originally Posted by KARFA View Post
two separate tickets is fine
Thanks KARFA. Can you tell I’m not used to this B2B business . I normally stay in the city for the day.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:23 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: London, ARN, HEL, ..... or MAN
Programs: BA GFL, GGL, CCR, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Gold, Hertz Gold 5*
Posts: 4,726
Have looked at this as I do need to go to AMS. Not many 789s - and on the one I tried, it's possible to select a seat in F during the booking process but it then kicks you out of the seat during payment and Rows 1-2 are now blocked in MMB post-payment. I'll keep the flight anyway in case they open up FLUB-style
ThatT1Feeling is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:26 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: London
Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Posts: 1,153
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
A good opportunity but will we be allowed in and will we have to quarantine?

It’s a shame you can’t book a B2B in one ticket, even though the turnaround is 90mins.
You are allowed to enter Netherlands no problem. But it's probably best to do B2B to avoid going landside and back, airport is quite big and you have to walk a lot.
Richmond_Surrey is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:31 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: London, UK
Programs: BAEC
Posts: 2,014
I wonder will they open up WTP. It would be sensible to allow social distancing.
BAeuro is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:38 am
  #12  
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Posts: 46,506
If anyone is going to AMS, for goodness sake spend some time there, with only a few tourists and most places, including bars and cafés, open it is a positive delight in this lovely weather. Just mind the kamikaze cyclists, without all the tourists they can ride even faster.

If going to a museum, you typically need to book a slot online, but that's easy enough.
corporate-wage-slave is online now  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:41 am
  #13  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,440
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post
If anyone is going to AMS, for goodness sake spend some time there, with only a few tourists and most places, including bars and cafés, open it is a positive delight in this lovely weather. Just mind the kamikaze cyclists, without all the tourists they can ride even faster.

If going to a museum, you typically need to book a slot online, but that's easy enough.
Indeed. Amsterdam has been wonderful in my two visits in the last two weeks - no tourists and life returning to "normal", albeit, not at the same speed as Switzerland but pretty close.
rossmacd is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 10:50 am
  #14  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Flatland
Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Posts: 5,774
My colleagues and friends in Amsterdam are enjoying the city minus the crowds.

Do note it's rather hot there. If overnighting, ensure your hotel has aircon.
flatlander is offline  
Old Jun 25, 20, 12:02 pm
  #15  
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Surrey, UK
Programs: BA
Posts: 1,223
I sense this is going to be another mellow dramatic tale woh thread with another load of Flub disappointments as seen on Madrid in recent years. Where the self entitled will feel hard done by when they don't get F seat selection when purchasing a C ticket or a W seat selection when purchasing a Y ticket. Heaven forbid there's an equipment swap to a Euro Airbus. The small mercy here is it's looking like it's only going to last a month 🙏
jonkx likes this.
1Aturnleft is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: