Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : BA shorthaul flights operated by longhaul aircraft

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 20, 2020, 4:25 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: travelsbyplane
787/777 Short Haul Flights - Sept 2021

LHR-AMS ~ Wed/Thu/Sun (787)
LHR-ARN ~ Fri (787)
LHR-ATH ~ Fri (787)
LHR-CAI ~ (787)
LHR-CDG ~ Wed (787)
LHR-DME ~ Wed/Sat (787)
LHR-FCO ~ Fri/Sun (777)
LHR-FRA ~ Fri/Sun (787)
LHR-IST ~ (777)
LHR-LCA ~ Mon/Thu (787
LHR-MAD ~ Mon/Wed/Sat (787)
LHR-ZRH ~ Wed/Sun (787)

787/777 Short Haul Flights - April 2023

LHR-FRA ~ Mon/Tue/Wed/Fri (777)
(Wed 5th & 12th - x1 additional 787)
Print Wikipost

FAQ : BA shorthaul flights operated by longhaul aircraft

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
This is now CANCELLED

Flights swapped to 319/320 on my dates and all others I've checked.

EDIT: 787 now showing Wednesday and Thursday. The original Tuesday and Friday are now A320 family.

Last edited by george77300; Jun 26, 2020 at 7:54 am
Old Jun 26, 2020, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC
So although they’ve moved the 787 flights to Wednesday and Thursday, they’ve kept the longer turnaround times on Tuesday and Friday.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:04 am

Ŕ la BA100 747 - BA must have caught wind
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:05 am

Zurich has now got the 787 on a Thursday in July.
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2020, 10:56 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Volare Executive / Skyteam Elite+
Boo, a longhaul cabin would be great for trying to keep at least a bit of distance onboard if you could rely on the aircraft not being swapped out...
Old Jun 26, 2020, 12:26 pm

Athens also gets the 787 on a Wednesday. So at the moment I can see this for July:

Wednesday

Athens
Amsterdam

Thursday

Amsterdam
Larnaca
Zurich
Schwann likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:38 pm

For the flights on the 787-8, the CE cabin now seems to include the CW and WTP seats. That seems unfair and a bit strange.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by BAeuro
For the flights on the 787-8, the CE cabin now seems to include the CW and WTP seats. That seems unfair and a bit strange.
I noticed this as well when looking up some flights earlier. Maybe because the -8 has a larger economy cabin than the -9, the WTP seats are better off being sold as CE? It does seem unusual.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If anyone is going to AMS, for goodness sake spend some time there, with only a few tourists and most places, including bars and cafés, open it is a positive delight in this lovely weather. Just mind the kamikaze cyclists, without all the tourists they can ride even faster.

If going to a museum, you typically need to book a slot online, but that's easy enough.
Any folk based in AMS? What’s the current mood like in the city? Also do they foresee the entry requirements for UK citizens easing shortly? Thanks!
Old Jun 29, 2020, 2:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonba2014
Any folk based in AMS? What’s the current mood like in the city? Also do they foresee the entry requirements for UK citizens easing shortly? Thanks!
Is there much to ease for entry requirements? I thought they are allowing passengers from the UK in?

https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/int...1580226297.htm

1. Passengers are not allowed to enter the Netherlands until 1 July 2020.
-This does not apply to:
- nationals of the Netherlands;
- nationals of Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, North Macedonia (Rep.), Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and Vatican City (Holy See), returning via Netherlands to their country of residence;
- British nationals returning via Netherlands to their country of residence;
- passengers arriving from Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland (Rep.), Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland or the United Kingdom;
The only issue is that you are strongly advised, but not required, to self isolate

https://reopen.europa.eu/en/map/NLD

Tourists from EU or Schengen countries can enter the Netherlands. However, tourists from Sweden and the United Kingdom are strongly advised to go into quarantine for 14 days.
londonba2014 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by londonba2014
UK residents don't have any entry restrictions as far as I can tell.

I'm not based in AMS, but the relaxed and carefee atmosphere was very much on view to me during my visits. Face nasks are needed on public transport, they're aren't much used anywhere else. Shops, cafés and bars are open with a 1.5 metre rule in place. One café I went to, rather than taking away chairs or tables, placed tailor's mannequins in seats, thereby making you find other seats, and preventing the place looking too empty.

londonba2014 likes this.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jun 29, 2020 at 3:05 pm
Old Jun 29, 2020, 3:35 pm

I'm not based in AMS, but the relaxed and carefee atmosphere was very much on view to me during my visits. Face nasks are needed on public transport, they're aren't much used anywhere else. Shops, cafés and bars are open with a 1.5 metre rule in place. One café I went to, rather than taking away chairs or tables, placed tailor's mannequins in seats, thereby making you find other seats, and preventing the place looking too empty.

Ha ha love it! Good to know on entry restrictions; guess I’d feel a bit guilty not isolating if it was being advised by the Dutch Gvt - hopefully that’s removed before long.
Old Jun 29, 2020, 8:08 pm

With the August schedule to AMS now reduced to July levels, I wonder will BA operate the 787 in August too.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 4:48 pm

Sorry to bump this - but with the latest UK quarantine update including The Netherlands; it seems that NL is holding firm on advising UK arrivals to self isolate for two weeks.

Conscious this is just advisory but was interested to get peopleS takes and wondered if UK or Swedish folk who have visited lately had been met by any hostility from locals?

My current thinking is to go for a holiday; knowing my part of Blighty is fairly low risk and to maintain the usual social distancing precautions in NL.
Old Jul 5, 2020, 9:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Zurich has now got the 787 on a Thursday in July.
Does anybody know does the 787 to. ZRH use the D gates or E gates?

THe OW APP is showing the lounge at E is open but not in the D area any knowledge on this as I’m sure I’ve seen something about ZRH lounges. Not being the best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.