Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by Can I help you
BASSA can only negotiate for their members, MF crew will benefit from some of these changes so its a positive thing for them, for WW these are only ever compromises rather than improvements to their agreements.
I agree and it must be a nightmare.

I just would have though that BA would want a single set of people to manage to give them flexibility. If they miss this opportunity they still end up with a mess to manage.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The point I’m trying to make is MF are only gaining improvements while legacy are only losing or making compromises on theirs.
I know that some feel legacy crew should all be on the same agreements as MF crew just to make it fair to them.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 10:45 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
I’m sure ultimately it will be one agreement for all cabin crew.
Presumably they are still in talks, so nothing agreed yet, so current agreements apply.

As CIHY says, this will benefit M/F in the long run if BASSA get agreement on some of these issues, as ultimately all crew will work to the same agreement and some of these things are things M/F would like too.

There won’t be a situation of some crew working to different agreements once talks are completed, so this is a benefit to M/F. (and passengers, as well rested crew are good for all).
sxc, Waterhorse, Tottie66 and 2 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2020, 8:31 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I’m sure ultimately it will be one agreement for all cabin crew.
Presumably they are still in talks, so nothing agreed yet, so current agreements apply.
Since the "single fleet" was meant to come into force as of November, does this mean that November has been rostered according to the old arrangements? Since there's not much flying at the moment, probably not hard logistically to do this for now.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 1:15 am

Seems for now then whether single fleet or multi fleet agreement terms sort of not relevant for now with this new UK lockdown and travel banned unless essential travel whatever that really means. Just when it seemed that some positive steps were coming towards getting tests approved either on departure or arrival.

Guess there will be a lot of cancellations coming up in next few days and also maybe watch this space for furlough extensions across the board. Wonder how long it will be before any unpaid leave clause gets envoked beyond that already in the mitigation agreement

Also seems doubtful as well that this will end December 2 given the exit clause implying restrictions may only be eased if at all geographically within the country. The long hard winter just got harder for aviation but unfortunately that is the reality until this pandemic is under control..

Last edited by Bs65; Nov 1, 2020 at 1:40 am
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:26 am

Programs: BA Exec
Originally Posted by sxc
Since the "single fleet" was meant to come into force as of November, does this mean that November has been rostered according to the old arrangements? Since there's not much flying at the moment, probably not hard logistically to do this for now.
I left BA over 12 months ago, but I have a friend from a previous “legacy” fleet who has an East African trip followed by 1 day off, then off to India. That’s definitely not “old arrangements” !

I’m sure someone in the know can clarify.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:29 am
No5

Originally Posted by Bar Operator
I left BA over 12 months ago, but I have a friend from a previous “legacy” fleet who has an East African trip followed by 1 day off, then off to India. That’s definitely not “old arrangements” !

I’m sure someone in the know can clarify.
Definitely not per old scheduling agreement. That sort of rostering would make commuting very difficult.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So the new fleet starts today and BA have left it to the IFM to use their “best judgement” with choosing/allocating working positions, soooo pleases that I am not having to deal with this!
It will be interesting to hear the story’s over the next few days, I know what I would have done but that’s for me to know. 😂
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:20 am

Deleted

Last edited by Bs65; Nov 1, 2020 at 4:45 am
Old Nov 1, 2020, 4:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What does it imply on the BASSA website that makes you think it’s different?
Old Nov 1, 2020, 5:15 am
No5

Originally Posted by Can I help you
So the new fleet starts today and BA have left it to the IFM to use their “best judgement” with choosing/allocating working positions, soooo pleases that I am not having to deal with this!
It will be interesting to hear the story’s over the next few days, I know what I would have done but that’s for me to know. 😂
For certain crew from previous legacy fleets that might be an improvement. Some seniors have never seen a premium cabin for decades, and some juniors (even though with 20 years seniority) have never worked in World Traveller for over ten years.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 10:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Yeah today is the first day of them all working together. A friend who works for Mixed Fleet posted an Instagram half way through his trip and about to leave for his return sector -

"Customer Service Manager yesterday... Inflight Manager today!"

This is from June from Head For Points - I presume this is now the deal? https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/0...r-mixed-fleet/
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by No5
For certain crew from previous legacy fleets that might be an improvement. Some seniors have never seen a premium cabin for decades, and some juniors (even though with 20 years seniority) have never worked in World Traveller for over ten years.
To me the fact that people seem to think they don’t need to work different cabins is ridiculous and the whole point of breaking this cycle.

How bad can World Traveller to Orlando be with 40 infants? 😂
Dave_C and ENTP like this.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:31 pm
No5

Originally Posted by Will100
To me the fact that people seem to think they don’t need to work different cabins is ridiculous and the whole point of breaking this cycle.

How bad can World Traveller to Orlando be with 40 infants? 😂
Most seniors have cherished this system, and no doubt there is a lot of frustration among them as they will no longer be able to choose their working positions.

As for Orlando, that is something you would need to ask the LGW crew as LHR doesn’t operate there. But, I get your point:
Old Nov 1, 2020, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We used too and they will in the future.
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.