Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:05 am

There is always the temporary lay-off clause that BA can resort to, in addition to this, unpaid leave even pre-COVID-19 was very well subscribed to, so perhaps with those 2 measures, it’ll avoid any further redundancies for now. I don’t think BA staff can handle any more dramatics of betrayal from Unite and the company! Fingers and toes crossed for all staff!
Bs65 likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2020, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by 13901
Absolutely, but "count your blessings you have a trip" doesn't really make up for the loss. It's clear to me that if the government doesn't do something regarding testing on arrival, come Xmas there'll be more redundancies in the industry.
No offence intended in comng across as 'count your blessings' that was not the intention as opposed to just pointing out that cabin crews are going to have a hard time over winter with a limited number of trips to go around coupled with the way their compensation is structured.

As for the government they have been faffing around since this all started and now aviation has almost arguably reached a make or break point in the UK so they need they make a decision and fully invest in both arrival and departure testing at a reasonable cost not the 100 or so plus pounds proposed. Plus who would have ever thought 12 months ago that LHR would now be overtaken by CDG as Europes busiest that has to be a warning sign that something needs to happen
13901 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Some really good improvements to the scheduling agreements have been agreed thanks to BASSA and more to come.
bwaflyer likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:46 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Will those improvements apply to all LHR cabin crew regardless of what fleet they originally came from?
Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No I don’t think MFU have been able to get all the improvements for their members.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:31 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
No I don’t think MFU have been able to get all the improvements for their members.
The 90 day standby rule will apply to Ex-MF crew.
L1705 likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Welcome On Board
The 90 day standby rule will apply to Ex-MF crew.
PM sent.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 9:58 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Can I help you
If this is true, it makes no sense from BA's perspective. I thought they wanted everyone with the same work practices to stop inefficiencies and complexity in rostering.
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:24 am

Originally Posted by sxc
If this is true, it makes no sense from BA's perspective. I thought they wanted everyone with the same work practices to stop inefficiencies and complexity in rostering.
I have two possible explanations: the smart (but mean) is 'divide et impera'; the other is 'incompetence'.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by 13901
I have two possible explanations: the smart (but mean) is 'divide et impera'; the other is 'incompetence'.
Incompetence of MFU would get my vote as seems looking from the outside they are always playing catch up to BASSA. Both these Unite branches need to bash heads together and respresent ALL crew consistently given an integrated fleet is the reality from November. So fine have people on different compensation packages but everything else should at some point be merged into single set of work practices. Sure there will be winners and losers but thats life.
AirbusA350 likes this.

Last edited by Bs65; Oct 30, 2020 at 1:26 am
Old Oct 30, 2020, 12:56 am

Originally Posted by Bs65
Incompetnce of MFU would get my vote as seems looking from the outside they are always playing catch up to BASSA. Both these Unite branches need to bash heads together and respresent ALL crew consistently given an integrated fleet is the reality from November. So fine have people on different compensation packages but everything else should at some point be merged into single set of work practices. Sure there will be winners and losers but thats life.
I was more talking about incompetence from BA's point of view. Get the entire IFCE leadership in a room and they won't be able to build a simple program on Visual Basic, let alone grasp the intricacies of rostering crews with different sub-agreements.
Bs65 likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 3:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But that cannot happen at the moment can it?
Old Oct 30, 2020, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Exec
It’s a shame that not all crew will be flying to the same (improved) agreements. Apparently some things never change!
Tottie66 and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by Bar Operator
It’s a shame that not all crew will be flying to the same (improved) agreements. Apparently some things never change!
Just posted On the BASSA website news section I get the impression that WW at least are keeping some of their current agreements for now . For example having any LH single night stops taken off their schedules, so much for an integrated fleet where everyone works together with the same stops, standbys etc... Seems BASSA are determined to ensure nothing much changes despite the fact that things need to change simply for the airline to survive long term .
Old Oct 30, 2020, 7:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Bs65
Just posted On the BASSA website news section I get the impression that WW at least are keeping some of their current agreements for now . For example having any LH single night stops taken off their schedules, so much for an integrated fleet where everyone works together with the same stops, standbys etc... Seems BASSA are determined to ensure nothing much changes despite the fact that things need to change simply for the airline to survive long term .
But if that is the case why didn't BA just say no. What would BASSA do then? Go on strike? I am sure BA would be delighted with that and tell them to please strike as long as you want.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.