Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Recall Staff from 26 Jun [the BA staff/unions/redundancies thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2020, 5:38 am

Programs: BA Silver, AA Gold, A3 Gold, Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by OhLordy
I have just WhatsApp’d 5 friends of mine - all retired ex CSD’s from WW with 30+ years service each. Everyone of them, if given the choice, would have had the Psr in the cabin as opposed to the galley! In the cabin they are visible to crew and passengers alike. They can spot performance or service delivery issues first hand and also preempt any passenger issues. In many airlines the galley position was always given to the most junior...with the crew member “promoted” to work in the cabin.
As a passenger I would also prefer promoted staff out on the ‘shop floor’ to see how things were going.
Dave_C, No5, Will100 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 5:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
They are in other cabins just not in WT, in WT you are managing a team and the best way to do so is by working the galley position, the IFL still works in the cabin as do all 4 crew working there but the IFL also has responsibility for running the galley.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:13 am
No5

If feels as this topic is taking the (exact) same direction as the previous topic did of whether seniority should be used or not when it comes
to working positions.
Dave_C, mrow, rossmacd and 2 others like this.

Last edited by No5; Nov 15, 2020 at 6:19 am
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Actually to me it is completely different!
Does anyone else think that these ex MF crew think that the ex legacy crew are going to be joining their fleet and should work to their ways, I personally think we should take the best ways of both fleets?
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:35 am

Quite the contrary. It seems at least, on this forum, particularly from your respected self that it’s everyone else joining legacy fleets and old ways protected rather than united synergistic move forwards beneficial for all with some gains for some and some losses for some, even if that means there remains some sort of continued segregation and superiority in conditions are maintained at the expense of MF!
DYKWIA, mrow, No5 and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 15, 2020, 6:37 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Thread closed for moderator review (again).
Dave_C, adrianlondon, mrow and 3 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.