Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Spain opening [and BA flying to places other than BCN/MAD?]

Old Jun 21, 20, 3:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Am I correct in saying that currently BA are only flying to MAD and BCN?

if so, is there any indication when other routes will fly to Spain?
Old Jun 21, 20, 3:14 am

Programs: BA GfL, TK *G+
LHR-AGP (Malaga) is on sale from 1st July.
Old Jun 21, 20, 3:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
PMI, AGP, ALC, VLC all start from 1 July but not necessarily daily. BIO and SVG start 13 - 15 July. TFS and MAH on 18 July. And GIB isn't Spain but is useful for some places.

Some flights seem to have sold well in the last 24 hours, I see some AGP flights that have shot up to Y and J only fares overnight. That should abate in a few days.,

In essence BA are currently flying 15 departures a day from LHR, this goes up to 55 or so from 1 July, then 100 approx from 16 July, and August's schedule hasn't been greatly amended (300 plus departures daily).

More information here, note the wiki and my spreadsheet.
Impacts of virus to BA's July schedule
Old Jun 21, 20, 5:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave View Post

In essence BA are currently flying 15 departures a day from LHR, this goes up to 55 or so from 1 July, then 100 approx from 16 July, and August's schedule hasn't been greatly amended (300 plus departures daily).
What was a typical number of daily departures pre COVID?
Old Jun 21, 20, 6:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Shuttle_Endeavour View Post
What was a typical number of daily departures pre COVID?
Mid summer? Could easily be 400 on a Friday.
Old Jun 21, 20, 8:27 am

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold
Thanks. And as with everything, departures per day probably doesnít really tell us much without thinking about load factor, yield and cargo tonnage as well.
I really hope the flights per day does increase ASAP just to get as many crew out of furlough as quickly as possible and to provide a visible sign of the country reopening and business starting to take place.
Old Jun 21, 20, 3:07 pm

BIO and SVG start 13 - 15 July.
Really? Wow, that is news!
Old Jun 21, 20, 4:43 pm

Programs: OW
PMI, AGP, ALC, VLC all start from 1 July but not necessarily daily. BIO and SVG start 13 - 15 July. TFS and MAH on 18 July. And GIB isn't Spain but is useful for some places.

Some flights seem to have sold well in the last 24 hours, I see some AGP flights that have shot up to Y and J only fares overnight. That should abate in a few days.,

IBZ is also running 1-2 times daily almost every day in July.
Old Jun 21, 20, 7:19 pm

Programs: BA
Apparently London City to Palma, Ibiza and Malaga from 10 July.
Old Jun 22, 20, 6:49 am

Programs: BA Exec Gold

Presume that you mean SVQ as opposed to SVG, Norway.
All very useful info though. Thanks
Old Jun 22, 20, 4:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 *Gold
Currently booked to PMI on the 4th of July, just need Boris to drop the quarantine now...
Old Jun 22, 20, 6:06 pm

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
IĎve booked a short trip to PMI in September (14th-17th), loads look very light or people arenít choosing to pay to select seats. Hopefully this will pick up once the air bridges are announced or I canít see these going ahead.
Old Jun 22, 20, 7:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
I wish BA would indicate roughly what flights will operate. When you look at PMI in September, theyíre still showing around 6 flights a day. Some flights are also a lot more expensive than others (based on flight times) so if you all get bundled onto 1 flight at a unearthly hour, itís unfair.

They should also indicate which destinations they will fly this summer and which wonít be started.
Old Jun 23, 20, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC, Flying Blue
Originally Posted by BAeuro View Post
I wish BA would indicate roughly what flights will operate. When you look at PMI in September, theyíre still showing around 6 flights a day. Some flights are also a lot more expensive than others (based on flight times) so if you all get bundled onto 1 flight at a unearthly hour, itís unfair.

They should also indicate which destinations they will fly this summer and which wonít be started.
It would certainly be a nice thing if we had some sort of idea, Iím connecting from NCL so thereís a good chance that it will get messed up anyways as I can see them adjusting that schedule.

It will also be interesting to see if they combing the LHR/LGW flights as I believe LCY will be operating?
Old Jun 23, 20, 1:42 am

Programs: AA PLT, HH GLD, IHG PLT
Anyone know if Gibraltar is open yet? The visit Gibraltar Facebook page stated it was but the link to HMG Gibraltar website from the FCO website is From mid May.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: