Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Did BA get rid of F on its route from LHR to TYO?

Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver

just going through the forums and saw this article discussing JAL / BA F award availability and:
JAL First Awards Pulled?

A month ago (28/05/2020) when the post was put up you can see that BA does sell F on its metal between the two destinations however checking today (20/06/2020) there does not seem to be any on BA metal.

There are two flights a 777 with F and a 350 without (naturally) so Im wondering did BA change their 777 to a standard 3 class without F or is it planning to roll out a different plane?

Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
There’s been a few threads in this one, have a look:

No F to Tokyo November 2020?
First to Tokyo?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
I’d be surprised if it went.

It’s a flagship £5k F route.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver
thanks for that - looks interesting - a mix of speculation of BA not wanting to compete with JL on F (be it quality or JV related) or just aircraft swaps - so fingers crossed it does come back - may see it being an A350 on BA 5/6 and 777 refresh or 787-9 with F after Covid

I suspect though much of this is up in the air as you cannot find BA7 or 8 on Flight Radar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.