Search

Thank You & Goodbye

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:06 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Lufthansa
Thank You & Goodbye

I'd be astonished if any frequent flyers on this board will be cutting up their BAEC card.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwi5...SdISpiQO6g_ULc
BA5E and Speedbird Julie like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Cutting up the cards is a non-issue.

First - for status purpose, this year is a waste anyway. So the cards are meaningless.

Second - in many instances, physical cards are not required to do many things.

Last but not the least - cutting the cards does not prevent a member from obtaining a replacement, fee or no fee.
BA5E, nancypants and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
It’s pretty dramatic but not in a good way. It made me cringe a little unfortunately. Also with the majority of the public already aware of BA toxic management with the airline being labelled a national disgrace I’m struggling to understand what this video is trying to achieve?
nancypants, SxMan and groenroos like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold / OW Emerald
All airlines pretty much suck when it comes to higher management, cost cutting, and ethics. I still enjoy flying knowing that I pay the absolute minimum to get what I want by shopping around for the right deals.

BA just happens to have a hub at LHR which is next to home.

I do wish the cabin crew here all the best.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Thank you for posting this.
Skipcool3, cjb666, BA5E and 7 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:28 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

It’s a dreadful intellectually bankrupt video. A shameless parody of a Donkey Sanctuary tv advert. I actually feel angered on behalf of the BA employees it supposedly represents. They deserve so much better from their trade union.
BearX220, BA5E, Geordie405 and 6 others like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Jackanory
It’s pretty dramatic but not in a good way. It made me cringe a little unfortunately. Also with the majority of the public already aware of BA toxic management with the airline being labelled a national disgrace I’m struggling to understand what this video is trying to achieve?
The employees are victims here, and the video (cynically/cleverly) reinforces their position of being victims.

Victim-hood is a powerful position as it attracts sympathy and recruits people to the victim's cause (which has happened).
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:32 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Prospero
It’s a dreadful intellectually bankrupt video. A shameless parody of a Donkey Sanctuary tv advert. I actually feel angered on behalf of the BA employees it supposedly represents. They deserve so much better from their trade union.
Agreed, it is almost if Unite is working against their interests and not for their interests.
revorgap likes this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:42 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
The employees are victims here, and the video (cynically/cleverly) reinforces their position of being victims.

Victim-hood is a powerful position as it attracts sympathy and recruits people to the victim's cause (which has happened).
I am completely on the side of all BA staff and I wish them well as I think them all (mostly) excellent - but this video intention was unclear to me. Was it to elicit sympathy? They already have it. Was it to highlight the MPs that have spoken about the issue? Its been highlighted several times across all media formats. Maybe it’s just me though.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:43 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I think its very clever

Simple message

BA are destroying all BA stands for for their bottom line

Ruthless management personified
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC
But BA didn’t dismiss all their staff on the 15th June, did they?

I sympathise with every single employee but in my opinion the union are not doing themselves any favours.
revorgap and AirbusA350 like this.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:53 pm

This video (just like the others) isn’t going to do anything or change BA’s way of thinking... if Unite spends all this time dragging BA’s name through the dirt, and succeeding to convince the public not to fly BA... isn’t this going to result in more job losses? Same thing with trying to take BA’s slots away? I don’t get their game...
Old Jun 18, 2020, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

We have all received our VR quotes today.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Can I help you
We have all received our VR quotes today.
Better than expected? I hope.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Not in the slightest I’m afraid.
flygirl68, BA5E and LifeontheBeach like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.