JER-LHR launching

Old Jun 17, 20, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
JER-LHR launching

All BA flights to JER, at least for July, are routing to Heathrow rather than Gatwick. Now loaded on the website.
chipster, IAMORGAN and wrp96 like this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Some local press coverage too:

https://www.itv.com/news/channel/202...y-to-heathrow/

https://www.channel103.com/news/jers...d-to-heathrow/
Old Jun 17, 20, 9:19 am

A nice addition but I donít see it lasting. It is simply a temporary measure so that they can run Jersey flights without opening the LGW base.
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 2:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold
I spoke to BA today and they confirmed this is only for July. WEF 01 August, this will revert to LGW.
Old Jun 17, 20, 2:32 pm

Programs: BAEC, VS Flying Club
Originally Posted by xvirginx View Post
I spoke to BA today and they confirmed this is only for July. WEF 01 August, this will revert to LGW.
Or at least thatís what the contact centres have been told to say. I seriously doubt anythingís 100% confirmed for August when the July schedule isnít even set in stone yet.
A P Yu, nancypants and speedbuslhr like this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 4:25 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Given that Jersey still has a strict quarantine this once daily service must be for locals only
Old Jun 17, 20, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by allturnleft View Post
Given that Jersey still has a strict quarantine this once daily service must be for locals only
Does it have quarantine or self isolation at present?
Old Jun 17, 20, 8:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Lioneye View Post
Does it have quarantine or self isolation at present?
Currently there is a 'lifeline link' - 3 Blue Islands services a week to SOU and one to LGW. Those who travel must have government approval. On arrival to JER you can either be tested in arrivals (and have subsequent tests as detailed here: https://www.gov.je/news/2020/pages/BorderTesting.aspx), or self isolate for 14 days. I imagine they want the testing regime scaleable and reliable enough to start accepting travel from the UK, which is comparatively riddled with covid when compared to Jersey.

In terms of fares: These are full Y bucket fares. I seem to remember most new routes start off with relatively high fares which come down once the lower fare buckets are added. Although they may be waiting for news on Jersey's border before loading these?

In terms of longevity of the route at LHR: Who can say...? I can't see LGW opening in August as things stand (unless threats are made regarding slots etc). If the route performs strongly ex-LHR in the post-covid recovery, there may be potential for it being a long term resident. Jersey has a wealthy, captive market who like to travel. There no other network airline serving the Island... If the numbers stack up, you never know.
Old Jun 17, 20, 9:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
It's a route I'd certainly welcome staying at Heathrow.

I often do the LHR/LGW shuffle for Jersey flights and quite often see other (premium) passengers on the National Express or happen to spot the same ones in the Galleries First at LHR after arriving from Jersey.

I reckon there's certainly a market for an early morning and evening rotation to Heathrow in each direction. At least being in NYC now I have the JFK-LGW option....for now.
T8191 and TraumaDoc like this.
Old Jun 17, 20, 10:19 pm

The fares have now settled for LHR-JER in July and the prices are very good. Will we be allowed in for pleasure by July though?
Old Jun 18, 20, 1:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Silver, Marriott gold, HH diamond IHG plat
Am booked Ncl-lhr-jer for end July. Start August still shows gatwick so home via edi, but fortunately it’s changeable if the entry restrictions continue or changes to lhr. Lhr-jer is something I’ve wanted for years. Along with Ncl-LGw
Old Jun 18, 20, 3:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Jersey is still in the realms of "possibly". Our Government is moving extremely cautiously (good!). Existing arrangements are well-covered up-Thread.

The latest Media input is >>> https://jerseyeveningpost.com/news/2...tart-services/
Old Jun 18, 20, 3:45 am

Programs: BA GGL - maybe only briefly!
Originally Posted by T8191 View Post
Jersey is still in the realms of "possibly".
Ooh - mind boggles about the tart-services!
JAXBA, T8191 and alex67500 like this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 4:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by chipster View Post
Am booked Ncl-lhr-jer for end July. Start August still shows gatwick so home via edi, but fortunately itís changeable if the entry restrictions continue or changes to lhr. Lhr-jer is something Iíve wanted for years. Along with Ncl-LGw
You and me both!

Especially as I would expect the EZY direct NCL-JER not to operate for this season at the very least.
chipster likes this.
Old Jun 18, 20, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by vintagepilot View Post
Ooh - mind boggles about the tart-services!
I've only just got the joke!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: